Mairvul 2019....Get tha littull fellers on tha gravy trane

STARSNBARS

3 hours ago, HTV said:

I am wishing him well.  I also apparently know a little more about the situation than you do.  

Sometimes it's best to love your children by not forcing what you want on them.  And I say that by experience.  I raised two kids who have turned out pretty well and I never tried to live my life through them.  I had success.  Didn't have to.  

And for your "class" comment, honestly I don't give a rats #### what you or anybody else thinks about me or my "class" or lack thereof according to some.  This ain't my first rodeo.  

Well i for one hope he has a GREAT experience here.I hate that its not what HE wanted but i know our kids and staff will do their best to ease the pain of leaving Maryville.I took my son out of the dumpster fire that is STILL going on a LC in 2007 but the final call was his and it was a great move.I know Maryville is no LC or WB and this move was quiet the surprise for us.Good luck to you all as usual!It would be cool if we both made the last game of the year together again!

1 hour ago, Shadroach said:

That's awesome! I'm sure he's a special kid. Thank Goodness he got the ok from HTV. If that families luck holds up HTV will mentor the parents.

I only approve if RW87 tells me it's ok to approve.  

She's the real boss of Maryville.  Everybody knows that.  

And I find it funny that you tag me as a Maryville person.  I have great respect for the Maryville program and enjoyed 3 years of professional and personal relationship there via radio broadcasting, but I have never lived in Maryville and I didn't have any "official" ties there before that.  I grew up in West Knoxville, graduated from Bearden, have lived in Powell for over 20 years, and my kids went through the Powell community schools.  

I'm a high school sports supporter, and especially football.  I've covered high school sports for 25 years for broadcast, print, and electronic media.  My comments include kids and parents from all schools, and not just Maryville.  And I stand by them.  I've just seen parents push their kids in ways that weren't in the best interests of the kids way too many times and it sickens me.  

Edited by HTV

I hope the young man only the best at Greenback and will be pulling for him all year long. My biggest concern is not QB but the offensive line. Oakland just simply manhandled us in the last game of the season in 2018 up front. I still wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat thinking about getting beat in the worst one sided games in school history. The only game worse than that was in the late 50's when Everett beat Maryville 59-0 but I wasn't even born yet when that happened. That was one of the reasons I hoped we would have scrimmaged in the spring to see if that was just a fluke or not. I'm sure they have worked hard this off season in the weight room but if you don't have anything up front you can't beat teams like Oakland. I stayed home one night last year and just watched the Science Hill game on NFHS and I remember Tee having to earn almost every yard he got that night because the line just simply didn't do a good job even in a blowout game. Can't wait for fall practice and scrimmages to see how the line does, the rest of the team I'm not worried about.

34rc9ec.jpg

48 minutes ago, HTV said:

I only approve if RW87 tells me it's ok to approve.  

She's the real boss of Maryville.  Everybody knows that.  

And I find it funny that you tag me as a Maryville person.  I have great respect for the Maryville program and enjoyed 3 years of professional and personal relationship there via radio broadcasting, but I have never lived in Maryville and I didn't have any "official" ties there before that.  I grew up in West Knoxville, graduated from Bearden, have lived in Powell for over 20 years, and my kids went through the Powell community schools.  

I'm a high school sports supporter, and especially football.  I've covered high school sports for 25 years for broadcast, print, and electronic media.  My comments include kids and parents from all schools, and not just Maryville.  And I stand by them.  I've just seen parents push their kids in ways that weren't in the best interests of the kids way too many times and it sickens me.  

He just doesn’t understand this thing of ours...oh and that’s two transfers in today. 

13 minutes ago, rebelwoman87 said:

He just doesn’t understand this thing of ours...oh and that’s two transfers in today. 

(In my best LeRoy Mercer voice  - The real one, John Bean, and not that plagiarizing phony from Oklahoma)

Huh!  Just how bigga boys are they?

42 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I hope the young man only the best at Greenback and will be pulling for him all year long. My biggest concern is not QB but the offensive line. Oakland just simply manhandled us in the last game of the season in 2018 up front. I still wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat thinking about getting beat in the worst one sided games in school history. The only game worse than that was in the late 50's when Everett beat Maryville 59-0 but I wasn't even born yet when that happened. That was one of the reasons I hoped we would have scrimmaged in the spring to see if that was just a fluke or not. I'm sure they have worked hard this off season in the weight room but if you don't have anything up front you can't beat teams like Oakland. I stayed home one night last year and just watched the Science Hill game on NFHS and I remember Tee having to earn almost every yard he got that night because the line just simply didn't do a good job even in a blowout game. Can't wait for fall practice and scrimmages to see how the line does, the rest of the team I'm not worried about.

34rc9ec.jpg

Oakland lost alot, we got some size coming in though even if they're young'uns