Mairvul 2019....Get tha littull fellers on tha gravy trane

STARSNBARS

40 minutes ago, BigTime1950 said:

Don't beat around the bush. It's Powell. Their HC is Matt Lowe.

An he's just catching up with some other schools in Knox County.  

Knox County is the Wild, Wild West when it comes to kids changing schools, and that's not just in football.  It's across the board in sports.  

And if you think otherwise, you really aren't paying attention.  

1 hour ago, HTV said:

An he's just catching up with some other schools in Knox County.  

Knox County is the Wild, Wild West when it comes to kids changing schools, and that's not just in football.  It's across the board in sports.  

And if you think otherwise, you really aren't paying attention.  

Paying attention, got the scoop, in the know, on top of it, what ever you want to call it. Powell is already caught up and in 1st place right now. I would say West is #2. They got the RB zoned for Karns that was going to Baylor at 1st then saw what Baylor had and saw there was not enough room in the backfield because Baylor has Webb's best back now so West became high bider next. I hope they can keep him and his handler happy because he will go to next highest bider.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, BigTime1950 said:

Paying attention, got the scoop, in the know, on top of it, what ever you want to call it. Powell is already caught up and in 1st place right now. I would say West is #2. They got the RB zoned for Karns that was going to Baylor at 1st then saw what Baylor had and saw there was not enough room in the backfield because Baylor has Webb's best back now so West became high bider next. I hope they can keep him and his handler happy because he will go to next highest bider.

Great.  You've got the scoop.  

So, quit your whining like a 3 year old.  

If you know of rules being broken, notify the powers that be at your school, or go straight to the TSSAA.  Otherwise, your whining just has the stench of sour grapes.  

Edited by HTV

42 minutes ago, BigTime1950 said:

4 minutes ago, HTV said:

Great.  You've got the scoop.  

So, quit your whining like a 3 year old.  

If you know of rules being broken, notify the powers that be at your school, or go straight to the TSSAA.  Otherwise, your whining just has the stench of sour grapes.  

I think he is Heyoka! 

19 minutes ago, OldRebel2 said:

When folks from "closed zoned" schools complain about "open zoned" schools, they can usually look inward and see an "open zoned" school if they look closely.

In reality there are no truly "closed zone" schools in Knox County.  Without getting in to the entire nuts and bolts of it, there are a lot of ways to secure a transfer to a school one isn't zoned for.  That's not really an issue for most.  And as long as they start as freshmen they are eligible to play sports.  The issue is trying to get around the TSSAA residency change requirement once a student and the parent/guardian decides to try and go elsewhere.  

The biggest complaint most have about is with the "third party recruitment" in the feeder programs.  It  is pretty rampant, and every school in the county plays that game to a certain extent, some more than others.  But that's not a violation of Knox County rules, and as long as certain distances are kept, the TSSAA can't really do much about it, either.  And as long as Knox County is going to be without "school sanctioned" middle school football, it's going to continue.  

18 minutes ago, HTV said:

In reality there are no truly "closed zone" schools in Knox County.  Without getting in to the entire nuts and bolts of it, there are a lot of ways to secure a transfer to a school one isn't zoned for.  That's not really an issue for most.  And as long as they start as freshmen they are eligible to play sports.  The issue is trying to get around the TSSAA residency change requirement once a student and the parent/guardian decides to try and go elsewhere.  

The biggest complaint most have about is with the "third party recruitment" in the feeder programs.  It  is pretty rampant, and every school in the county plays that game to a certain extent, some more than others.  But that's not a violation of Knox County rules, and as long as certain distances are kept, the TSSAA can't really do much about it, either.  And as long as Knox County is going to be without "school sanctioned" middle school football, it's going to continue.  

I understand.  I've always maintained that Knox County had "closed zones" that had doors that would open if you knocked.   I also understand that by rule, TSSAA couldn't care less if it was before the freshman year.  Moreover, if someone has the wherewithal to move, they can almost play anywhere.  There's a new Knox County (Parks & Rec) middle school league this year.  To be on a middle school roster, the players on the team must attend that middle school.

1 hour ago, OldRebel2 said:

There's a new Knox County (Parks & Rec) middle school league this year.  To be on a middle school roster, the players on the team must attend that middle school.

But several feeder programs were not "invited" to participate in that league, and as I understand it they can have a couple of players on those rosters who aren't zoned for that school that they are supposed to represent.  It's not a sanctioned league by either Knox County Schools or the TSSAA.  

I'm surprised no one has brought up the new visitor side press box to be built before the season starts. Bids went out and the lowest bidder came in at $158,498. Director Winstead took the winning bidder to the back of the room to dicker down the price to $100,000 or forget it. Instead of matching the 60 foot press box we already have the contractor agreed to 30 feet. Once the decking is built the new 30 foot long press box will be lifted into place.

21ozvxf.jpg