Mairvul 2019....Get tha littull fellers on tha gravy trane

STARSNBARS

2 hours ago, strongx said:

O-line including TE and D-line. And offense can’t score without the ball. Defense has to get off the field when the games matter. Same old game I guess. Good soph class even at QB. WB the first game?

Don't be surprised to see a Freshman or two on both lines.

6 hours ago, JSamson7 said:

Don't be surprised to see a Freshman or two on both lines.

Keep hearing there's some great players on the line coming up. We've had some real good players the past few years start as freshmen and we had 2 start on defense in 2013 on a pretty good team and one of those were a DE. Both of those kids were very mature young men for their ages. I also remember a few years back when we played Heritage and had a complete freshman linebacker group in at the same time half the way into the game. it's very exciting to know you have kids that can step up to the plate at that age.

2 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Not sure where it is but I enjoy the scrimmages a hundred times more than the jamboree. Hope RW will post the dates again when and who we play in scrimmages.

August 2 at home against Catholic at six, August 9 at Oak Ridge at six, August 13 at Knox Central at six. Times may change 

1 hour ago, rebelwoman87 said:

August 2 at home against Catholic at six, August 9 at Oak Ridge at six, August 13 at Knox Central at six. Times may change 

Thanks RW. Except for the Alcoa game those three scrimmages are better than anything left on the schedule. Speaking of Alcoa I heard a few football players decided to stay with baseball only and not go back out for football. 

16 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Thanks RW. Except for the Alcoa game those three scrimmages are better than anything left on the schedule. Speaking of Alcoa I heard a few football players decided to stay with baseball only and not go back out for football. 

Nobody cares about challenging yourself anymore. It's all about racking up the wins. I believe Whitehaven is still looking for a 10th game

31 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Nobody cares about challenging yourself anymore. It's all about racking up the wins. I believe Whitehaven is still looking for a 10th game

Some schools still step up. Alcoa has 6A Blackman, 6A DB and 16 X state champion Maryville on this years non region schedule.

Pearl Cohn isn't afraid to schedule anybody. Greenback will schedule up too( If bigger schools will play them).

My guess is most schools didn't want to schedule Maryville. Remember how "Unbeatable" Fulton was the few yrs between playing Alcoa and Maryville? Things change when you actually play the game.

23 minutes ago, 32hammer said:

Some schools still step up. Alcoa has 6A Blackman, 6A DB and 16 X state champion Maryville on this years non region schedule.

Pearl Cohn isn't afraid to schedule anybody. Greenback will schedule up too( If bigger schools will play them).

My guess is most schools didn't want to schedule Maryville. Remember how "Unbeatable" Fulton was the few yrs between playing Alcoa and Maryville? Things change when you actually play the game.

There are some exceptions to the rule but most will take the W over trying to get better. Could be solved if we go back to 5 classes