Mairvul 2019....Get tha littull fellers on tha gravy trane

STARSNBARS

14 minutes ago, rebelwoman87 said:

MTF we don’t look that far out. We are concentrating on MacMinn right now. 

That's all well & good, but most Maryville folk I've met are well aware of teams statewide, they're not your average fan. So I'm sure most of you know the chances of the semis not involving Maryville & Oakland are nearly 0. DB is having a resurgence but Maryville is on another level

“We had another team come in and ask us about us how we run things and do things at Maryville, and by their questions I could tell that they were wanting some magic set of Xs and Os to make their program better,” Robinette said. “We operate so differently than that. You can invest all the resources your school and parents will let you have in order to come up with the greatest football rhetoric and plays and practice and schemes, and it will work to a degree. And you may do that and scholarships will come, maybe elevate the life of two or three guys a year or 10 players over four years. And that’s worthy.

“But if you take some of those resources and invest in the men and women in your community who can teach a better way to be a man, husband, son, business comrade or employee, then you have elevated everybody on that team. I think that’s kind of the way Derek goes about it and he adds a spiritual aspect.

“It’s not necessarily about saving your soul, walking down in front of the church, though we’ve had that, but I promise these principles are going to improve your life and the lives of people around you in the community.”

That may be the true Maryville football experience. - John Brice

https://tssaa.org/article/more-than-a-football-experience-at-maryville?sfns=mo&fbclid=IwAR241A7yvvAq1NO9hD8Z_O7rLhfR4tpn-vvdXMKAdMVyBZKd8jAEuhTKPtc