Mairvul 2019....Get tha littull fellers on tha gravy trane

STARSNBARS

On 7/11/2019 at 2:09 PM, OldRebel2 said:

Because of the discussions regarding MHS season ticket price increase and its new online system, I looked at the seating chart of available season tickets as of today.  As of today, MHS has sold more season tickets this season than was sold in each of the two previous years.  It might be BECAUSE of the online system.  Once the purchase window is closed, I think MHS intends to sell single game reserve seats on any remaining season tickets. 

It wasn't the price that bothered me, it was going up to pay a middle man to count beans instead of someone at the school. On my side of the fence I have always had two tickets which 90% of the time Miss Barney never wanted to go which is a wasted ticket for me. Other reasons for me is half the games one way or the other are on TV, by Diamond Clear Alcoa, Bearden and Heritage, School TV Stations Cleveland and William Blount and then you have NFHS if you really want to flip a coin on that one if it will come in or not. I've got to a point in my life I've lost a lot of interest because of a demand on my time, that's why you see me come to the games most of the time with 30 seconds before kickoff and watching at home on TV has made that much easier for me. Sometimes last year or two I've found myself going to a game or two I didn't want to go to but I went anyway like having to go to the funeral home to pay respect to an old friend plus I felt like I had to go because I had a paid for ticket in my hand. This year I'm sure I'll be at a lot of games I don't see on TV and maybe at other games that may be a better game than a one sided blowout because I won't be prisoner of a season ticket anymore. I also would much rather go to an away game any ole day because their more fun because everyone around you is someone new. That's actually one reason I wished there wasn't season tickets so home games would be fun as the away games.

On 7/11/2019 at 3:23 PM, MLREB said:

It is the reason. I LMBO at all the whining on here.

So what your saying is all the seats from the 27 to the 37 yard line will finally be filled all because online service instead of being 75% empty most of the time. Would you please forward us all a picture of that crowd when they play McMinn County and Heritage. Actually you could take one of the Bearden, Fulton and Bradley crowd also, that's a killer lineup people will be standing on ladders outside the fence to see.

2irsscz.jpg

Edited by BarneySox2007

3 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

So what your saying is all the seats from the 27 to the 37 yard line will finally be filled all because online service instead of being 75% empty most of the time. Would you please forward us all a picture of that crowd when they play McMinn County and Heritage. Actually you could take one of the Bearden, Fulton and Bradley crowd also, that's a killer lineup people will be standing on ladders outside the fence to see.

2irsscz.jpg

Is this during a real game??If so that crazy!!Looks like a small school crowd not the best team in Tenn for 20 years.Thats unreal.

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

Is this during a real game??If so that crazy!!Looks like a small school crowd not the best team in Tenn for 20 years.Thats unreal.

This was a few years ago during one of those fall break weeks. They got with the program and started taking one of those weeks off but still hurts a little bit the following week. You know how those rich Maryville folks are, gotta go to the beach the last time and yank those kids out of the band to take with them and leaving us with the resemblance of what seems to look like the band from Mayberry.

29dvipf.jpg

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

This was a few years ago during one of those fall break weeks. They got with the program and started taking one of those weeks off but still hurts a little bit the following week. You know how those rich Maryville folks are, gotta go to the beach the last time and yank those kids out of the band to take with them and leaving us with the resemblance of what seems to look like the band from Mayberry.

29dvipf.jpg

Ok. I was wondering what was going on look pretty scarce!

6 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

It wasn't the price that bothered me, it was going up to pay a middle man to count beans instead of someone at the school. On my side of the fence I have always had two tickets which 90% of the time Miss Barney never wanted to go which is a wasted ticket for me. Other reasons for me is half the games one way or the other are on TV, by Diamond Clear Alcoa, Bearden and Heritage, School TV Stations Cleveland and William Blount and then you have NFHS if you really want to flip a coin on that one if it will come in or not. I've got to a point in my life I've lost a lot of interest because of a demand on my time, that's why you see me come to the games most of the time with 30 seconds before kickoff and watching at home on TV has made that much easier for me. Sometimes last year or two I've found myself going to a game or two I didn't want to go to but I went anyway like having to go to the funeral home to pay respect to an old friend plus I felt like I had to go because I had a paid for ticket in my hand. This year I'm sure I'll be at a lot of games I don't see on TV and maybe at other games that may be a better game than a one sided blowout because I won't be prisoner of a season ticket anymore. I also would much rather go to an away game any ole day because their more fun because everyone around you is someone new. That's actually one reason I wished there wasn't season tickets so home games would be fun as the away games.

Dang dude...you need to come hang out in the GOON VIP section and cheer on the F5 Tornadoes and have some REAL fresh grilled Hamburgers ! This  years team will be special! Don't miss out!!:thumb:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

2irsscz.jpg

Don't assume something that you are not sure about. What I am saying, and you seem challenged to grasp, is that the world has changed since the 70's. The convenience of purchasing on line has become the norm. I am happy to see the administration attempting to keep up with the times.  

1 hour ago, MLREB said:

Don't assume something that you are not sure about. What I am saying, and you seem challenged to grasp, is that the world has changed since the 70's. The convenience of purchasing on line has become the norm. I am happy to see the administration attempting to keep up with the times.  

The online has one glitch and that is you have to still go up there and get your tickets a couple of months later. The place I do my online business with has it on my porch the next day. The Dairy Queen coupon on the back of last years tickets might as well had a buy one boloney sandwich at Patel's Market and get the second for half price with a ten gallon fill up.

• Like 1