Mairvul 2019....Get tha littull fellers on tha gravy trane

STARSNBARS

22 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

The online has one glitch and that is you have to still go up there and get your tickets a couple of months later. The place I do my online business with has it on my porch the next day. The Dairy Queen coupon on the back of last years tickets might as well had a buy one boloney sandwich at Patel's Market and get the second for half price with a ten gallon fill up.

It's marketing ploy. I hear that the AD will be there to personally hand out tickets. Free concessions to while you are there.

2 hours ago, MLREB said:

Agree....proactive moves being made at WB. Before we know it there will be a Culver's Butter Burger coupon on the back. Oh.....they will come. 

Culver's is overrated and overpriced.  Shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as Whataburger.  

On 6/9/2019 at 6:54 PM, BarneySox2007 said:

I hope the young man only the best at Greenback and will be pulling for him all year long. My biggest concern is not QB but the offensive line. Oakland just simply manhandled us in the last game of the season in 2018 up front. I still wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat thinking about getting beat in the worst one sided games in school history. The only game worse than that was in the late 50's when Everett beat Maryville 59-0 but I wasn't even born yet when that happened. That was one of the reasons I hoped we would have scrimmaged in the spring to see if that was just a fluke or not. I'm sure they have worked hard this off season in the weight room but if you don't have anything up front you can't beat teams like Oakland. I stayed home one night last year and just watched the Science Hill game on NFHS and I remember Tee having to earn almost every yard he got that night because the line just simply didn't do a good job even in a blowout game. Can't wait for fall practice and scrimmages to see how the line does, the rest of the team I'm not worried about.

34rc9ec.jpg

If it makes you feel any better, Oakland lost alot of those kids on the defensive line. Hopefully we'll get to face Maryville this year and try to get that elusive win at their place

30 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

If it makes you feel any better, Oakland lost alot of those kids on the defensive line. Hopefully we'll get to face Maryville this year and try to get that elusive win at their place

I know one's that back for Oakland for sure! Coach Harris is a buddy of mine and I saw his Heavyweight at the State Tournament this year. Josh said he was just a Junior and I promise you he is BIG. There aren't many kids his size and built like that. Unfortunately we don't have anybody his stature so I hope he's your only one.

8 minutes ago, JSamson7 said:

I know one's that back for Oakland for sure! Coach Harris is a buddy of mine and I saw his Heavyweight at the State Tournament this year. Josh said he was just a Junior and I promise you he is BIG. There aren't many kids his size and built like that. Unfortunately we don't have anybody his stature so I hope he's your only one.

No doubt the cupboard is by no means bare when it comes to lineman. Coach Harris is a good one, could still pass for a football player

8 hours ago, strongx said:

Is there any excitement heading into this season? It seems quieter than normal. Everybody still out recruiting...er...I mean vacationing?

I've been busy as a one handed paper hanger lately but need to break away when the hitting starts and those scrimmages will be just around the corner. I know picture day was this week and we have 29 seniors so there will be some great leadership in that group for sure. Haven't seen the team picture yet but sure as I tell you how many are on the team someone will be right behind to say two were on vacation, one was at the doctor and the other was down at the donut shop.

Edited by BarneySox2007