White House Football- God’s land

Tennessee75

7 hours ago, jimb1972 said:

IS this no longer a FOOTBALL school? NOTHING on HERE! Hired any coaches? ANYthing? BDP DEAD?

GO JACKETS!

I would assume Coach Hamilton is waiting to see what teaching positions the admin gives him to hire a coach. It’s still early in the process as it pertains to teaching spots. I would say late to mid February some people will start to be interviewed/hired. Thanks for your concern though. Hope the search in Trousdale is going well. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/7/2019 at 10:01 AM, copacanobra said:

I love coach Honeycutt and he was easily my favorite coach while I was at White House.  BUT, it’s Hamilton’s show now and it’s his name on the line so he’s gotta do what he thinks is best.  If Hamilton and Honeycutt don’t get along then I don’t see keeping him on staff as a positive situation even though I think he’s a good coach.    

I have known Hamilton for a long time. We played ball together at WH and I have always liked Ryan, but I don't believe it was a good move letting the coaches all go. He doesn't have the available teaching positions to hire a bunch of coaches so I am assuming he is going to have to rely heavily on volunteer coaches which may be tough as well. WH has been notorious for turning their backs on past alumni and that is where the volunteers usually come from for the most part. So that will be an uphill battle for sure. It looked like Hamilton was trying to get the alumni involved somewhat with the alumni Turkey bowl, but it will take a whole more of those things to get the Alumni back involved I believe. The money has slowly been drying up there because of several reasons and that is hurting WH as well. I hope WH wins a lot of games but I do believe it is going to be very difficult. We are coming off the worst 4 year stretch they have had in quite some time. They have missed 3 out of the last 4 playoffs. The senior class this year barely finished with an overall winning record. That is just not acceptable period at White House, nor should it be acceptable. We will see what all these changes do in about 7-8 months. I hope things go well but we shall see. 

1 hour ago, LocoLupe said:

I have known Hamilton for a long time. We played ball together at WH and I have always liked Ryan, but I don't believe it was a good move letting the coaches all go. He doesn't have the available teaching positions to hire a bunch of coaches so I am assuming he is going to have to rely heavily on volunteer coaches which may be tough as well. WH has been notorious for turning their backs on past alumni and that is where the volunteers usually come from for the most part. So that will be an uphill battle for sure. It looked like Hamilton was trying to get the alumni involved somewhat with the alumni Turkey bowl, but it will take a whole more of those things to get the Alumni back involved I believe. The money has slowly been drying up there because of several reasons and that is hurting WH as well. I hope WH wins a lot of games but I do believe it is going to be very difficult. We are coming off the worst 4 year stretch they have had in quite some time. They have missed 3 out of the last 4 playoffs. The senior class this year barely finished with an overall winning record. That is just not acceptable period at White House, nor should it be acceptable. We will see what all these changes do in about 7-8 months. I hope things go well but we shall see. 

Yeah porter was notorious for turning his back on past alumni.  I think Hamilton is going to be a lot better about that.  I hope he is at least.  I think you might be wrong about the money thing though lol they’re spending a lot of money on renovations in the field house right now.  But yes things need to turn around on the field immediately.  Pretty unbelievable that a senior class missed the playoffs 3 out of 4 years.  That’s honestly ridiculous.  

I assume Coach Hamilton will remain as the OC even wearing the head coach hat??  His next hire is vital in my opinion. He needs an experienced coach that can handle the defense under his watch. It will be very interesting to see what teaching positions become available for him to use. From my knowledge, Porter, Honeycutt, and Jackson will all remain as part of the faculty in the Fall. If so, teaching spots are slim. I wish nothing but the best for all involved during this time of change. 

19 hours ago, copacanobra said:

Yeah porter was notorious for turning his back on past alumni.  I think Hamilton is going to be a lot better about that.  I hope he is at least.  I think you might be wrong about the money thing though lol they’re spending a lot of money on renovations in the field house right now.  But yes things need to turn around on the field immediately.  Pretty unbelievable that a senior class missed the playoffs 3 out of 4 years.  That’s honestly ridiculous.  

9 hours ago, BDP2003 said:

I assume Coach Hamilton will remain as the OC even wearing the head coach hat??  His next hire is vital in my opinion. He needs an experienced coach that can handle the defense under his watch. It will be very interesting to see what teaching positions become available for him to use. From my knowledge, Porter, Honeycutt, and Jackson will all remain as part of the faculty in the Fall. If so, teaching spots are slim. I wish nothing but the best for all involved during this time of change. 

I am not in the know as far as finances, I just assumed that money would start drying up. I am with you and can't believe we had missed the playoffs 3 out of 4 years. Just insane. I also agree that this DC hire is huge for Hamilton. He probably should have went after Broderick since he wanted out at East Robertson and took the Gallatin DC job. He also needs to reach out to Chase Brooks at RIverdale as DC. He will have to make some hires soon or its going to get real hard to find people to coach. I have also heard that that Jackson, Honeycutt and Porter will all remain in their teaches spots so I have no clue what he will do to find a coach from outside the school currently. It may be near impossible. Things are really up in the air in BDP land right now. I wanna see how this all plays out...........

White House has dropped East Robertson and Sycamore and picked up Watertown and Station Camp. The schedule will be tougher in 2019 than this past year. As I said, the DC is extremely crucial not only to this upcoming season but to the tenure of Hamilton. I could see Hamilton taking his time to make sure he hires the right person. I hear that all the coaches will be gone, etc. but none of that really matters if he makes the wrong hire. I believe he will make the best hire for him, the staff, kids, and program in general. Although some things are still up in the air, I am excited about the future of BDP football. To the alumni that are concerned, roll your sleeves and help out. BDP!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2019 at 2:15 PM, howdoitknow said:

I believe White House and Sycamore have played in football for the last 18 straight seasons.  I hate they are no longer playing.  White House and Greenbrier were always great border rivalries for SHS even back to my days as a player.  

I was told sycamore didn’t want to play anymore.  Unfortunate 

On 11/30/2018 at 11:20 PM, Tennessee75 said:

Ok, we know there are a lot of great teams in the state of Tennessee. We also know White House has one of the best if not the best history in the state. When are we going to bring the outstanding seasons of 1997, 2004, and 2008 together? We have had a crapshoot of teams besides these few. We should be celebrating the 97 team for the state championship and the other two teams for their greatness. When will White House learn? 

now that was quite a reach....even for a newby...

Booger just sayin tenor.gif?itemid=12501144