White House Football- God’s land

Tennessee75

On 2/22/2019 at 12:41 PM, copacanobra said:

They don’t fire teachers in the middle of the school year unless something crazy happens.  There will be teaching positions after the school year is over if the administration decides not to rehire someone.  That’s when a new coach will be brought in hopefully.  Everyone just relax lol

If the teacher is tenured they can't be fired even if the admin wants to. Teachers are part of a union and once they are tenured which I believe is 5 years of teaching at the school; its very hard to get rid of them. This will put WH so far behind bc even if they do get coaches after the school year; they weren't a part of spring practice and haven't been working with any of the kids. Probably gonna be a really rough year this year and not only because of the lack of coaches. WH is losing their only bright spot from last year and thats their QB. I bleed blue but I wouldn't be surprised to see a 3-4 win season......

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/23/2019 at 10:44 PM, LocoLupe said:

If the teacher is tenured they can't be fired even if the admin wants to. Teachers are part of a union and once they are tenured which I believe is 5 years of teaching at the school; its very hard to get rid of them. This will put WH so far behind bc even if they do get coaches after the school year; they weren't a part of spring practice and haven't been working with any of the kids. Probably gonna be a really rough year this year and not only because of the lack of coaches. WH is losing their only bright spot from last year and thats their QB. I bleed blue but I wouldn't be surprised to see a 3-4 win season......

QB play will be a big factor and it hurts losing Nixon.  The new QB that should start is a senior though so hopefully he’ll be able to step in and perform.  I’m more concerned with us improving upfront and being able to run the football.  

On 3/6/2019 at 8:11 PM, copacanobra said:

QB play will be a big factor and it hurts losing Nixon.  The new QB that should start is a senior though so hopefully he’ll be able to step in and perform.  I’m more concerned with us improving upfront and being able to run the football.  

I agree with controlling the line of scrimmage. The line was a weak point last year. Our play calling is going to have be a lot better as well. There were so many times I was scratching my head at the play calling last year. I know its hard during the game calling plays but we have to do a better job at taking advantage of the other teams weakness. We were horrific last year at this. There were several games last year we could have won but we were simply out coached. I really hope they have a great season but in my opinion its highly unlikely. By the way Honeycutt said you were a pretty good ball player too. What year did you graduate and what number were you?

On 3/8/2019 at 9:48 PM, LocoLupe said:

I agree with controlling the line of scrimmage. The line was a weak point last year. Our play calling is going to have be a lot better as well. There were so many times I was scratching my head at the play calling last year. I know its hard during the game calling plays but we have to do a better job at taking advantage of the other teams weakness. We were horrific last year at this. There were several games last year we could have won but we were simply out coached. I really hope they have a great season but in my opinion its highly unlikely. By the way Honeycutt said you were a pretty good ball player too. What year did you graduate and what number were you?

I think we’ll be better than you think, but we’ll just have to see how the year plays out.  2011 was my senior year of football, I was number 15 and played fullback and nickel (really strong side linebacker, but coach honey called it nickel).  

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/10/2019 at 11:40 PM, copacanobra said:

I think we’ll be better than you think, but we’ll just have to see how the year plays out.  2011 was my senior year of football, I was number 15 and played fullback and nickel (really strong side linebacker, but coach honey called it nickel).  

I remember watching you. You weren’t very good, but you really tired hard. That’s the kind of grit these boys need.