Trenton Peabody Golden Tide 2019

PeabodyPride

2 minutes ago, Archiewho said:

As bitter of a pill as it was to lose to GC last year for Peabody, I would say the majority of Tide fans definitely are in support of GC improving their program.   This could be a really fun rivalry game with big gate turnouts for both programs and would be beneficial to the north side of the county.  Games are more meaningful when they are competitive (which outside of last year it hasn’t been).  If that means losing to GC because they have gotten better a little more often than the past 30 years, I think it would still be better overall for fan interest

100% agree. I like the point you brought up about the gate turnouts. Last years Peabody & GC game looked to be packed out. Heard from a lot of Trenton folk, despite losing, it was one of the best atmospheres at a game all season long. I’m hoping for the county’s sake that this becomes a better & consistent rivalry in the coming years. With that being said, GC will be a good team this year as well as Peabody. They play last week of the regular season this year, so if they can both stay healthy, I think Peabody will be out to prove that last year they got caught slipping. 

9 minutes ago, FightingBlue0 said:

100% agree. I like the point you brought up about the gate turnouts. Last years Peabody & GC game looked to be packed out. Heard from a lot of Trenton folk, despite losing, it was one of the best atmospheres at a game all season long. I’m hoping for the county’s sake that this becomes a better & consistent rivalry in the coming years. With that being said, GC will be a good team this year as well as Peabody. They play last week of the regular season this year, so if they can both stay healthy, I think Peabody will be out to prove that last year they got caught slipping. 

Don’t get caught slipping next week.....

The situation here at Gibson County is interesting... the middle school football program has been consolidated for around 7-8 years now. Prior to consolidating, there's no way the individual middle schools in these communities competed against the Peabody's, Union City's, Milan's. Now, the high school program is reaping the benefits of all of those kids playing together through middle school. It's pretty obvious that this process is bringing some success to the football programs over here.

Edited by GCPioneer

56 minutes ago, Archiewho said:

If you are referrring to Trenton-Milan, I can just about guarantee there won’t be any overlooking going on.  I’d say Milan might have been the best team Trenton played last year, and I doubt that changes this year

I agree 100%. I think both teams will be laser focused next week and we will all be treated to an amazing game. Good luck to you guys tonight and stay healthy. 

Peabody looked a little flat but that is to be expected considering we are playing the Bulldogs next week.  But there were signs of good football.  Coach Jacobs and his staff are the best around and they will have the boys ready to play.  Teams around here give us their best.  We wont always beat people by multiple tds.  What matters most is winning and winning at the proper time.  This is a proud program and it will not go down without a fight.  Roll Tide!

Just now, Golddoctor said:

Peabody looked a little flat but that is to be expected considering we are playing the Bulldogs next week.  But there were signs of good football.  Coach Jacobs and his staff are the best around and they will have the boys ready to play.  Teams around here give us their best.  We wont always beat people by multiple tds.  What matters most is winning and winning at the proper time.  This is a proud program and it will not go down without a fight.  Roll Tide!

south Gibson will be good this year. Remember this program only lost to Covington by an extra point last year.  They have a quality program.

17 hours ago, Golddoctor said:

south Gibson will be good this year. Remember this program only lost to Covington by an extra point last year.  They have a quality program.

With all due respect 2 South Gibson, Covington's one-point win over the Hornets was a mere hiccup in the middle of the road for Covington last season.