Trenton Peabody Golden Tide 2019

PeabodyPride

20 hours ago, Golddoctor said:

Peabody lost to GC- S-Gibson played well against Covington.  Peabody was not the best team on the field that night and we lost. S. Gibson was a 2 point conversion from winning.  With all due respect, That is why we play 4 quarters.  On a given night any powerhouse can be beat.  Do u think Alcoa had a hiccup night.  No Covington came to play...……..

Peabody lost that game to Gibson County only because an official was out of position and they did not call the illegal double pass on the winning Gibson County score. You watch the game film and you stop it the moment the quarterback made the throw and take note of what hash mark is on. When the first catch is made you notice what hash mark it was caught on and where the ball was thrown from. No question to it. The film does not lie. Gibson County played well that game I won't deny. But Peabody was actually defeated because of a blown call by the officiating crew.

Edited by ReitzFan
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, ReitzFan said:

Peabody lost that game to Gibson County only because an official was out of position and they did not call the illegal double pass on the winning Gibson County score. You watch the game film and you stop it the moment the quarterback made the throw and take note of what hash mark is on. When the first catch is made you notice what hash mark it was caught on and where the ball was thrown from. No question to it. The film does not lie. Gibson County played well that game I won't deny. But Peabody was actually defeated because of a blown call by the officiating crew.

Now you know I’m not the one to stir the pot but When Waverly played Peabody the official had a blown call for unsportsmanlike when Peabody fumble and we got the ball which would have more than likely would have changed the way the game went.

my opinion probably don’t matter but in my eyes GC won that game because they were they better team that night just like Peabody beat us in the semi they were the better team. That’s just my opinion 

Edited by vandyfan1

20 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

Now you know I’m not the one to stir the pot but When Waverly played Peabody the official had a blown call for unsportsmanlike when Peabody fumble and we got the ball which would have more than likely would have changed the way the game went.

my opinion probably don’t matter but in my eyes GC won that game because they were they better team that night just like Peabody beat us in the semi they were the better team. That’s just my opinion 

At the point that the illegal pass by Gibson County was thrown, Peabody actually had the lead in the ballgame. Gibson County was playing well but Peabody had the lead which means they were playing better. Then we come to the illegal play. The ball was thrown by the quarterback from the 32-yard line. No question about it as he had one foot on each side of a hash mark when he threw. The receiver caught the ball at the 33-yard line. That constitutes a forward pass completion. The wide receiver then clearly took a couple of steps back before throwing the football on a play that was illegally ruled a touchdown by the officials. That illegal play doesn't happen Gibson County does not win the game. Like I said Gibson County played well but they were still not the better team that night. Peabody was down but they still played better. Just my opinion

Edited by ReitzFan

9 hours ago, Waker said:

Ive never heard that. Why would a school, any school, choose to play untraditional district games that are a hour to a hour and a half away? Then when playoffs come up they are at least 2 hours. That just doesn’t make sense. I believe it is determined where the town geographically sits. 

9 hours ago, Tide21 said:

I think you are right.  I doubt anyone volunteered 

rumor was that if they chose 2a they would have been in 7 AA or with riverside and waverly. And if they were 1 a they would be playing middle to teams because 7AA was full at the time.

6 minutes ago, PHSRollTide said:

rumor was that if they chose 2a they would have been in 7 AA or with riverside and waverly. And if they were 1 a they would be playing middle to teams because 7AA was full at the time.

A school always have choice to play up. They have 1a numbers. I’m not sure what you are saying 

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 9:42 PM, MayoBottomHermit said:

Dresden had 1 good season.

They had at least 2 to 3 good seasons.  they were one of the most dominate teams I have seen which compares to the good Peabody, UC and Huntingdon.  They were that good.

Edited by Golddoctor
corrections

16 hours ago, Waker said:

Dresden is 49-15 in the last 5 years. UC is 56-11. Peabody is 57-13. Huntingdon is 48-12. Just because Huntingdon has been forced to play east, we are still a West team. I can’t help but feel some of these records would be different (better or worse) if Huntingdon was still playing these teams in regular season.

That was a mistake on my part.  I overlooked the Stangs.  They are by far one of the best programs in the state hands down.

16 hours ago, Waker said:

Dresden is 49-15 in the last 5 years. UC is 56-11. Peabody is 57-13. Huntingdon is 48-12. Just because Huntingdon has been forced to play east, we are still a West team. I can’t help but feel some of these records would be different (better or worse) if Huntingdon was still playing these teams in regular season.

If they had stayed in the West, Huntington's record would most likely have been worse then the record you indicated over the last few years. After all, with their move to a region that is more Mid-State orientated, the Mustangs should Breeze with ease through their region schedule on a yearly basis. It's not the Mustangs fault, but there are more cupcakes and Twinkies on that Regions schedule then Hostess could put in a box. You could pick any region week of the year as your homecoming week and not have anything to worry about. Huntington's only competition until the playoffs will come from their non region schedule.

Edited by ReitzFan
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

I watched a middle school basketball game a couple of years ago up in the bootheel. It was district tournament semis. Caruthersville down by 2 with seconds to go misses wide open 3 that would have won the game. The next day I had some of the kids in class. I asked them if they thought missing that shot cost them the game. One player said yes. Then I pointed out they went 4-17 from 3 that night. And any of the other shots from 3 they missed could have won the game as well. They then had a completely different outlook. Point is that wasn’t Gibson Co only score. Peabody could have handled business at other points in the game on defense and that blown call wouldn’t have mattered. That wasn’t the only play that cost them the game. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I watched a middle school basketball game a couple of years ago up in the bootheel. It was district tournament semis. Caruthersville down by 2 with seconds to go misses wide open 3 that would have won the game. The next day I had some of the kids in class. I asked them if they thought missing that shot cost them the game. One player said yes. Then I pointed out they went 4-17 from 3 that night. And any of the other shots from 3 they missed could have won the game as well. They then had a completely different outlook. Point is that wasn’t Gibson Co only score. Peabody could have handled business at other points in the game on defense and that blown call wouldn’t have mattered. That wasn’t the only play that cost them the game. 

The Tide was sluggish that night, and never really threw the ball which last year was a game changer for the tide. They acted like they were happy with the small lead and it bit them in the long run. Ik it was a blown call but the guy still ran 40 plus yards and was never touched. If they had not been out of position then that would have never happen to start with. So yeah it was the tides fault they lost, but if that had not happened I don’t see them getting past Waverly or any other team in the playoffs. I believe after that game is when we allowed the least amount of points than we did all season.

35 minutes ago, PHSRollTide said:

The Tide was sluggish that night, and never really threw the ball which last year was a game changer for the tide. They acted like they were happy with the small lead and it bit them in the long run. Ik it was a blown call but the guy still ran 40 plus yards and was never touched. If they had not been out of position then that would have never happen to start with. So yeah it was the tides fault they lost, but if that had not happened I don’t see them getting past Waverly or any other team in the playoffs. I believe after that game is when we allowed the least amount of points than we did all season.

Yes.  No doubt that loss was a good thing for you guys in the long run.