Trenton Peabody Golden Tide 2019

PeabodyPride

6 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

No we are losing 13 seniors most of which  started on D !! I think we will have a great shot but we cant get to spoiled in T town !!

Definitely not! I won’t be thinking if we lose the last game next year. I’ll always support our boys thick and thin and never will turn against the hard work they put in. State is a hard feat to accomplish. Heck making it to the third or 4th round is darn good in my book 

3 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

Definitely not! I won’t be thinking if we lose the last game next year. I’ll always support our boys thick and thin and never will turn against the hard work they put in. State is a hard feat to accomplish. Heck making it to the third or 4th round is darn good in my book 

Absolutely !!!!! Do I think we go into next season as the favorite, YEP

7 hours ago, PeabodyPride said:

Agreed,would like better competition!!

First, congrats to PHS, king of 2A, great football team.  In regards to next year, first enjoy this!  Regardless of how good your team is coming back, winning championships are rare and often are a combination of talent, luck, brackets, and especially staying injury free!  Yes, Peabody had to overcome injuries, but as is the case this year, Peabody’s big three (Baugus, Halbrook, and Dixon) have to stay healthy.  2nd, next years team can’t be compared to this years, losing 7 seniors on defense will be a challenge, not saying it can’t be done though! 3rd, I wouldn’t get in a hurry to beef up the schedule for a couple of reasons.  On a regular year, playing UC, Milan, Adamsville, McKenzie, an improving GC is a tough enough schedule!  Also, when you play greater competition your chances of injury are higher.  I would rather keep from beefing up the schedule in the regular season if that means they are healthy in November when it counts.  Definitely a lot to look forward to next year!

1 minute ago, Archiewho said:

I do think that getting Humboldt off the schedule is positive at this point in their program, and after what happened with Dresden this year, that’s probably necessary too.  I would hope to continue to play TCA as a non region opponent

No chance on TCA their region has 8 teams and they have the other two games full already. 

But the Humboldt thing that’s sad. My parents met at the Humboldt Trenton game 37 years ago. Long time rivalry that has fell short in the last 4 years. Gonna miss the game...