2019 Henry County Patriots

HCRedPride

Definitely need to get rid of Liberty. I say replace them with Milan, Covington, or another solid program from nearby whose fans support and travel well. A good crowd/rivalry within an hour drive would be nice. I vote Covington. Then, the 3A, 4A, and 5A state championship representatives from the West could play each other.

2 hours ago, Swarm4Life said:

Definitely need to get rid of Liberty. I say replace them with Milan, Covington, or another solid program from nearby whose fans support and travel well. A good crowd/rivalry within an hour drive would be nice. I vote Covington. Then, the 3A, 4A, and 5A state championship representatives from the West could play each other.

Covington would be nice. Milan won't play us as long as we're good. They might now, but they wouldn't when Morris was there. 

1 hour ago, MSURacer said:

Covington would be nice. Milan won't play us as long as we're good. They might now, but they wouldn't when Morris was there. 

And whats bad is that is the reason they should play us because we are a pretty good football team. Im all for scheduling difficult non region games. It can only help with region games and playoff games.

2 hours ago, MSURacer said:

That's true, when Gaddis got to Henry County and turned things around, they dropped us like a hot potato. I know for a fact that both teams had open dates that could have worked, but Morris didn't want to.  The thing is, we scrimmage every year and both team's fans say it would be a competitive game, not to mention a monster gate. Maybe since Morris is out of the picture, it has a chance of happening.

6 hours ago, PatriotNation said:

2019 Henry County Patriots Football Schedule:

Aug. 23 - @ Haywood

Aug. 30 - @ Beech

Sept. 6 - Dyer County

Sept. 13 - Brentwood 

Sept. 20 - @ Clarksville High

Sept. 27 - Kenwood

Oct. 4 - Germantown

Oct. 11 - @ West Creek

Oct. 18 - Open

Oct. 25 - Clarksville Northeast

Nov. 1 - @ Clarksville Northwest

Solid schedule. Love the non region games. Should be a challenge. 

Just glancing at it when taking into account all the seniors we lose from this year, my early prognostication is that anything better than 6-4 would be a really nice season. 

Edited by MSURacer

3 hours ago, MSURacer said:

Solid schedule. Love the non region games. Should be a challenge. 

Just glancing at it when taking into account all the seniors we lose from this year, my early prognostication is that anything better than 6-4 would be a really nice season. 

Yeah just since its way too early to know how we will look in 2019 I have a feeling possible 6-4. As of now I don't see us winning any of those non region games only because right now we have questions at QB, WR, OL, DL, LB. I dont know what are strength will be this next year. Going into this past season most everyone knew the defense would be stout and it was. Im not sure at this point if the offense or defense will be the strong point. Lots of questions going into 2019. 

8 hours ago, PatriotNation said:

Yeah just since its way too early to know how we will look in 2019 I have a feeling possible 6-4. As of now I don't see us winning any of those non region games only because right now we have questions at QB, WR, OL, DL, LB. I dont know what are strength will be this next year. Going into this past season most everyone knew the defense would be stout and it was. Im not sure at this point if the offense or defense will be the strong point. Lots of questions going into 2019. 

Our strength is tradition, coaching, and work ethic. Try telling the team and coaches that 6-4 would be a "nice" season and see how that goes. I say this group goes at least 8-2 and another deep run in the playoffs. 

2 minutes ago, Swarm4Life said:

Our strength is tradition, coaching, and work ethic. Try telling the team and coaches that 6-4 would be a "nice" season and see how that goes. I say this group goes at least 8-2 and another deep run in the playoffs. 

I understand. Only reason I said that is it is super early and im just not sure about the offense or defense. I agree though our coaches will put the right people in the right places and comes August I will probably be with you on 8-2 record.

1 hour ago, Swarm4Life said:

If that was directed at me, I said anything better than 6-4 would be a nice season, and I stand by it. We are losing an excellent group of seniors from a team that was not as deep as years past and included several 2-way players, against a schedule that isn't getting any easier. 8-2 could be possible, especially considering I know nothing about what Haywood, Brentwood, and Germantown have coming back, but it will likely be a very tall order. 

Edited by MSURacer