2019 Henry County Patriots

HCRedPride

23 hours ago, MSURacer said:

If that was directed at me, I said anything better than 6-4 would be a nice season, and I stand by it. We are losing an excellent group of seniors from a team that was not as deep as years past and included several 2-way players, against a schedule that isn't getting any easier. 8-2 could be possible, especially considering I know nothing about what Haywood, Brentwood, and Germantown have coming back, but it will likely be a very tall order. 

Didn't mean to come across as harsh as it sounded. But we have come to expect excellence in our football program in Henry County. One can say we are a little spoiled when you look around at other programs who struggle to get to the .500 mark on a yearly basis. We don't get passed the quarterfinals and feel like it was a "down" year. I do understand that it will be a re-loading year. That being said, I expect to win at least 2 out of the 4 non-region games and sweep the Clarksville region. 

7 hours ago, Swarm4Life said:

Didn't mean to come across as harsh as it sounded. But we have come to expect excellence in our football program in Henry County. One can say we are a little spoiled when you look around at other programs who struggle to get to the .500 mark on a yearly basis. We don't get passed the quarterfinals and feel like it was a "down" year. I do understand that it will be a re-loading year. That being said, I expect to win at least 2 out of the 4 non-region games and sweep the Clarksville region. 

No worries. I agree with most of what you're saying here. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, PatriotNation said:

How was the HC/Lexington scrimmage yesterday?

We outscored Lexington 3 to 2. But I would give the edge to the  Tigers because we couldn't get their D line blocked an they essentially shut down our run game. Our run offense consisted of two nice long runs by the two Kendalls, J. and D. with one each The passing game was impressive with Eli being accurate on both long and short routes.Defense did pretty good except for once again allowing runners to get outside.

GO BIG RED

2 hours ago, olddevil said:

We outscored Lexington 3 to 2. But I would give the edge to the  Tigers because we couldn't get their D line blocked an they essentially shut down our run game. Our run offense consisted of two nice long runs by the two Kendalls, J. and D. with one each The passing game was impressive with Eli being accurate on both long and short routes.Defense did pretty good except for once again allowing runners to get outside.

GO BIG RED

Running game will be fine. The passing game seems to be encouraging after last week and this week. One thing is for sure it will be another exciting season for the Patriots! Very tough non region schedule should make it interesting. 

GO PATRIOTS!!!!