2019 Henry County Patriots

HCRedPride

On 5/19/2019 at 10:12 PM, PatriotNation said:

Trust me I know personally that people in Martin know he is leaving. Some are supportive and some are not. That's just how it is. The kid and his parents have nothing bad to say about Martin. They love it, the kid just wasn't going to get the playing time at Martin behind Ty Simpson. He will have much more playing time at Henry County and he has several family members in HC. 

If you're sitting behind someone like Ty Simpson I don't think anyone can blame you for looking for a shot elsewhere. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, hcpatsfan said:

Bona had two or 3 highlight throws to Jawan Odoms this spring that were more than 40 yards. One was dropped. This is the answer to the throwing question. If a kid is getting caught from behind in middle school he is not a great athlete. He might be in the future on both counts, but the speculation in this thread is just speculation.

I'm not mad if Bona is the starter all year I know he has worked very hard to be in the position he is in now. But Ryan isnt coming to Henry County to be a backup for 2 years behind Bona I can tell you that. That's why he left Martin 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, hcpatsfan said:

Bona had two or 3 highlight throws to Jawan Odoms this spring that were more than 40 yards. One was dropped. This is the answer to the throwing question. If a kid is getting caught from behind in middle school he is not a great athlete. He might be in the future on both counts, but the speculation in this thread is just speculation.

Look, I get what you’re doing. You’re taking up for our own, and that’s a great thing. Maybe we have went a little overboard talking about this kid, but if he and his family come to HC, he’s one of our own too, and we take up for our own right? I don’t remember anyone saying anything bad about Bona in this thread. All we did was compare the two. Let’s not stoop to talking about the incoming kid’s athleticism and arm strength. I don’t think he’ll be close to either one of these, but Brady and Manning neither one are elite athletes or have overly strong arms. You don’t have to be either as a QB in our offense. I would almost guarantee the coaches could careless what we think, and they will put the best option in there that they think will win ball games. I talked to a parent that’s seen him throw recently, and they said he stood on the 40 and threw it through the goal post. That’s 50 yards as an 8th grader, I’d say that’s plenty of arm strength. We have at least 8 really good options on offense, I hope neither QB ever has to run for a yard. I’m all for taking up for our own, but if they come then they’re part of the family in my book. Don’t forget the Bona’s aren’t originally from HC either, they just happened to come a little earlier in life than the Damron’s. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Omaha said:

Look, I get what you’re doing. You’re taking up for our own, and that’s a great thing. Maybe we have went a little overboard talking about this kid, but if he and his family come to HC, he’s one of our own too, and we take up for our own right? I don’t remember anyone saying anything bad about Bona in this thread. All we did was compare the two. Let’s not stoop to talking about the incoming kid’s athleticism and arm strength. I don’t think he’ll be close to either one of these, but Brady and Manning neither one are elite athletes or have overly strong arms. You don’t have to be either as a QB in our offense. I would almost guarantee the coaches could careless what we think, and they will put the best option in there that they think will win ball games. I talked to a parent that’s seen him throw recently, and they said he stood on the 40 and threw it through the goal post. That’s 50 yards as an 8th grader, I’d say that’s plenty of arm strength. We have at least 8 really good options on offense, I hope neither QB ever has to run for a yard. I’m all for taking up for our own, but if they come then they’re part of the family in my book. Don’t forget the Bona’s aren’t originally from HC either, they just happened to come a little earlier in life than the Damron’s. 

I'm not going to hype this kid anymore, I'm going to let him show people what he can do whether and grove this year or the high school. Then watch all the people get on here talking about how good he is lol. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hcpatsfan said:

I think the kid is good and will end up being very good. I just think there are many other kids in the program that you can say the same thing about. I am sure you think so as well.

But at the end of the day the fans, the coaches, and I believe everyone wants the best possible players playing no matter what class they are in. I trust the coaches to play the right guys. To have the #1 QB in the State of Tennessee for the class of 2023 and #23 in the nation, that's hard not to play that kind of kid. 

Edited by PatriotNation

22 minutes ago, PatriotNation said:

But at the end of the day the fans, the coaches, and I believe everyone wants the best possible players playing no matter what class they are in. I trust the coaches to play the right guys. To have the #1 QB in the State of Tennessee for the class of 2023 and #23 in the nation, that's hard not to play that kind of kid. 

Curious, where are these rankings from? Not disputing it, just a genuine question. 

Edited by MSURacer

3 hours ago, MSURacer said:

Curious, where are these rankings from? Not disputing it, just a genuine question. 

This is the actual Facebook post of his family member:

Ryan is ranked by QBHitlist.com as the #1 quarterback in the state and #21 overall in the country for the class of 2023. Proud of this kid and the work he puts in!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, PatriotNation said:

This is the actual Facebook post of his family member:

Ryan is ranked by QBHitlist.com as the #1 quarterback in the state and #21 overall in the country for the class of 2023. Proud of this kid and the work he puts in!

I see. Thanks for sharing. 

Regarding the immediate expectations, here's my final 2 cents on the subject, which isn't worth much. I think we'll be in good hands at QB this season regardless of who ends up starting. Sounds like this young man's upside is off the charts, and by all accounts, Bona had a very good spring and has been in the system for a couple of years. That's a nice problem to have. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, MSURacer said:

Regarding the immediate expectations, here's my final 2 cents on the subject, which isn't worth much. I think we'll be in good hands at QB this season regardless of who ends up starting. Sounds like this young man's upside is off the charts, and by all accounts, Bona had a very good spring and has been in the system for a couple of years. That's a nice problem to have. 

Haha you are right. It's a GREAT problem to have lol. Good time to be a Henry County fan

• Like 1