2019 Henry County Patriots

HCRedPride

My view of the first 7 on 7 , for what it's worth: A lot of completions but far,far too many to the opposition! There are  four kids working at the QB slot; all bring something to the table. IMO the starting one or two is far from being decided.It is very early  and all will have a chance to show what they can do. It is way too soon to be declaring the winner for the starting spot.

GO BIG RED

6 hours ago, MSURacer said:

Very true, even though I'm hoping we roll with just one full time starter lol. I've never been a fan of rotating at the QB position, but I'm for whatever is best for the team.  

I agree, but years past we were always worried about losing that #1 QB and not having a good backup. This year i think we have 2 very capable starters.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, olddevil said:

7 on 7 last night was a much better show for our patriots.Many more completions and scores; many fewer interceptions, less defensive mistakes. We are a long way from a finished product but we seem to be on the way.

GO BIG RED

The defense was much improved last night compared to Tuesday. #1 had a big night catching the ball. I thought the freshman again had the better night throwing it. He had 4-5 touchdowns and 1 or maybe 2 ints. #16 struggled early to get a completion, but finished better with a couple of touchdown tosses later in the game. Still had several drops by the receivers that should’ve been caught, but all in all a much better night for the Big Red. Excited to see what it looks like when they put the pads on. I hear the OL is making some huge strides with Junior being a little more hands on with them. They will be the key to this season.

7 hours ago, Omaha said:

The defense was much improved last night compared to Tuesday. #1 had a big night catching the ball. I thought the freshman again had the better night throwing it. He had 4-5 touchdowns and 1 or maybe 2 ints. #16 struggled early to get a completion, but finished better with a couple of touchdown tosses later in the game. Still had several drops by the receivers that should’ve been caught, but all in all a much better night for the Big Red. Excited to see what it looks like when they put the pads on. I hear the OL is making some huge strides with Junior being a little more hands on with them. They will be the key to this season.

Don't forget 10 and 17, both are improving each time out. 17 may have the strongest arm of the four  and he is one heck of a runner ( remember the run he made in clean up last year?)

GO BIG RED

)

On 7/12/2019 at 8:18 PM, olddevil said:

Don't forget 10 and 17, both are improving each time out. 17 may have the strongest arm of the four  and he is one heck of a runner ( remember the run he made in clean up last year?)

GO BIG RED

)

#17 did have some impressive runs at the end of the year last year as #27. He ended up fumbling his 1 carry against Munford (HC recovered), but it went for 18 or 20 yards and the only first down of the 2nd half the best I remember. He throws a pretty ball, but has not had a lot of experience at QB. It makes you wonder if they will give him a legitimate shot at QB or if they are planning on him playing him at another position. The senior class has a lot of athletes that will be gone after this year, and they will need some athletes to fill those spots next year. Usually kids that can throw and run are a premium, but so far he has not been getting the reps at QB that the other QBs have.

59 minutes ago, Pacco said:

Hey guys, new to the forum. Heard about this place and post from a friend. Can’t wait for the season. Have been a huge fan of the Patriots for a long time. This is going to be a special season. GBR!

Let me be the first to welcome you to Coach T! This will be a very good season and who knows what the ceiling will be for this squad! I like what I'm seeing so far

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Pacco said:

Hey guys, new to the forum. Heard about this place and post from a friend. Can’t wait for the season. Have been a huge fan of the Patriots for a long time. This is going to be a special season. GBR!

Welcome to the board Pacco, and Go Big Red! If you’re going to be part of this thread though, you have to pick a quarterback for the upcoming season and roll with them. PN and I are on the freshman bandwagon I guess, and there’s plenty of room if you want on! I think “mmb” is with us too, just a guess.

That was a joke fellas. Just seems to be the topic of conversation of late, since we found out anyway. In all seriousness, I think we all want whoever is best for the team. Time will tell who that is. Excited for the pads to be put on. GBR

2 hours ago, Omaha said:

Welcome to the board Pacco, and Go Big Red! If you’re going to be part of this thread though, you have to pick a quarterback for the upcoming season and roll with them. PN and I are on the freshman bandwagon I guess, and there’s plenty of room if you want on! I think “mmb” is with us too, just a guess.

That was a joke fellas. Just seems to be the topic of conversation of late, since we found out anyway. In all seriousness, I think we all want whoever is best for the team. Time will tell who that is. Excited for the pads to be put on. GBR

My 2 cents on this QB competition is I believe the freshman has more overall talent than the others. I trust that young man to run this offense and get better as the season goes along. I believe Henry County will really benefit in the long run by going with the freshman now and getting him all this playing time this year. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, PatriotNation said:

My 2 cents on this QB competition is I believe the freshman has more overall talent than the others. I trust that young man to run this offense and get better as the season goes along. I believe Henry County will really benefit in the long run by going with the freshman now and getting him all this playing time this year. 

I agree completely.

• Like 1