2019 Henry County Patriots

HCRedPride

On 3/22/2019 at 1:47 PM, PatriotNation said:

Running game will be fine. The passing game seems to be encouraging after last week and this week. One thing is for sure it will be another exciting season for the Patriots! Very tough non region schedule should make it interesting. 

GO PATRIOTS!!!!

Have heard there’s an incoming freshman quarterback transferring in next year that could compete for the job immediately?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, PatriotNation said:

Nice he probably wont beat out Bona this year. But if true may be a good piece for the future

You may be right. I don’t know a lot about him except from what I’ve heard from a few. Apparently he’s really legit, and some think he’s got a shot to play immediately. Will be tough for a true freshman though. I guess we’ll see.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Omaha said:

You may be right. I don’t know a lot about him except from what I’ve heard from a few. Apparently he’s really legit, and some think he’s got a shot to play immediately. Will be tough for a true freshman though. I guess we’ll see.

I mean I would be for it only if his talent is so undeniable. Isnt there a thing where transfers have to sit out one year? 

57 minutes ago, PatriotNation said:

I mean I would be for it only if his talent is so undeniable. Isnt there a thing where transfers have to sit out one year? 

I wouldn’t think so since he’s coming from the junior high? I think that’s only once your clock starts as a high schooler. 

27 minutes ago, hcpatsfan said:

The kid from Martin is really polished throwing the ball for an 8th grade QB. How that transitions to 5A football as a freshman  when the defensive lineman can outrun him, and the DB’s are as big and athletic as the receivers he will be throwing too remains to be seen. I foresee a traditional throwing QB half the time and a running threat playing half the time, like when they brought in Ethan Thompson last year to play wildcat. Parrish was fast enough to escape pressure and get yards with his feet. I am not sure if the spring QB or the new freshman can. It seemed like the Martin middle school team had better receiving talent than most teams Defensive backs except Inman. Martin scored 20 points in 2 games vs Inman in what seemed to be an evenly matched game. I understand the kid is a hard worker and has really worked on his kraft so we shall see.

So you’ve seen him play? They few I’ve talked to say he can really throw it for an 8th grader.

1 hour ago, hcpatsfan said:

The kid from Martin is really polished throwing the ball for an 8th grade QB. How that transitions to 5A football as a freshman  when the defensive lineman can outrun him, and the DB’s are as big and athletic as the receivers he will be throwing too remains to be seen. I foresee a traditional throwing QB half the time and a running threat playing half the time, like when they brought in Ethan Thompson last year to play wildcat. Parrish was fast enough to escape pressure and get yards with his feet. I am not sure if the spring QB or the new freshman can. It seemed like the Martin middle school team had better receiving talent than most teams Defensive backs except Inman. Martin scored 20 points in 2 games vs Inman in what seemed to be an evenly matched game. I understand the kid is a hard worker and has really worked on his kraft so we shall see.

Wow maybe with him in the system the coaches can develop him to be something special by the time he is a junior and senior

Scratch what I just said. Just saw film on this kid Ryan Damron. This kids football IQ is something special! Always making the right plays and keeping his eyes downfield! This kid is ready to start this year at Henry County!!! By the time this kid is a Junior and Senior my lord! Lots of potential! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, PatriotNation said:

Scratch what I just said. Just saw film on this kid Ryan Damron. This kids football IQ is something special! Always making the right plays and keeping his eyes downfield! This kid is ready to start this year at Henry County!!! By the time this kid is a Junior and Senior my lord! Lots of potential! 

Where did you find film on him? I’d like to see it.