Class 2A 2019

FightingBlue0

10 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

Im not trying to sound like a homer but Waverly should make a run. Im not sure how far but they will have a great line. I have been saying Peabody should repeat. Fairley , Adamsville, Union city should be pretty good. I think Scotts Hill might be a big turn around also. But if I was a bettin man I would pick the Tide. 

We have a couple that didn't play this year if they decide to come back it will make a big difference. Brier Johnson is one he is 6 4 or 6 5 fast great hands and tough as they come 

• Like 1

Tyner will have Jeremiah Batiste back and though he was shut down by Trousdale, he is legit.  Tae Tae Ryals showed flashes of brilliance at Quarterback , Kamden Edwards will anchor defense and run hard.  Those three team leaders and other skill players probably make Tyner favorites again in Region 3.  Unless they either find or develop more lineman they will struggle with likes of Trousdale and Meigs in round 2 and beyond.

Hoping that the Trousdale beat down inspires team leaders and coaches to take off season workouts, physical and mental preparation, and game planning to a new level.

Will be interesting to see what final non-region schedule looks like as I think some of the local 3A, 4A teams have gotten tired of losing to Tyner and may not want to play us.  

18 minutes ago, Ram4Life said:

Tyner will have Jeremiah Batiste back and though he was shut down by Trousdale, he is legit.  Tae Tae Ryals showed flashes of brilliance at Quarterback , Kamden Edwards will anchor defense and run hard.  Those three team leaders and other skill players probably make Tyner favorites again in Region 3.  Unless they either find or develop more lineman they will struggle with likes of Trousdale and Meigs in round 2 and beyond.

Hoping that the Trousdale beat down inspires team leaders and coaches to take off season workouts, physical and mental preparation, and game planning to a new level.

Will be interesting to see what final non-region schedule looks like as I think some of the local 3A, 4A teams have gotten tired of losing to Tyner and may not want to play us.  

Trousdale can shut down any back,honestly,they shut down ours and hes a junior with D 1 offers

Edited by PeabodyPride

5 hours ago, Tiger77dad said:

We have a couple that didn't play this year if they decide to come back it will make a big difference. Brier Johnson is one he is 6 4 or 6 5 fast great hands and tough as they come 

Is the Johnson kid a lineman or skill kid (TE)?  Why didn't he play in '18?

15 minutes ago, ocac said:

Is the Johnson kid a lineman or skill kid (TE)?  Why didn't he play in '18?

Skill. End corner safety on D. Wide receiver or TE. Played a little qb. He's a sophomore this year i thank he was held back a year.Not real sure playing basketball. I know he was promised to play b ball and not b a spectator.

27 minutes ago, Tiger77dad said:

If we get couple back and start playing D we could be better next year. I know we lost 3 irreplaceable skill on offense but our O line and D line should be much better and wit the right one that could come back it could b 1 of our best defenses. MOST everyone knows that is who you win a gold ball 

You’re exactly right. That’s how Peabody did it this year. It also helped they have a handful of stud juniors on offense but their defense was the backbone of their team. 

2 minutes ago, FightingBlue0 said:

You’re exactly right. That’s how Peabody did it this year. It also helped they have a handful of stud juniors on offense but their defense was the backbone of their team. 

We are lacking the stud in skill but we have some real up and comers. I believe our studs are the lines the backbone of the TEAM. And we are solid every where else. Some of our freshman this year mite be a serprize next year and or 1 or 2 coming?

31 minutes ago, Goldenpride said:

Next year for Peabody fans we need to cherish because after guys like coop, Noah, Dickson leave it’ll be hard to find a trio quite like them for a while in T town. 

Yall looked good everywhere to. Coaching always kicks in and you will reload plus sounds like yall have alot of support to get all your kids to play

5 hours ago, Tiger77dad said:

Yall looked good everywhere to. Coaching always kicks in and you will reload plus sounds like yall have alot of support to get all your kids to play

Yes we certainly do ,very small 2A school,barely barely 2 A even,and we dressed over 50 this year !!! Start em young and treat them right,let the bonds of battle form !!!  ROLL TIDE