Class 2A 2019

FightingBlue0

On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 12:53 PM, RTD said:

My calm down he is a Tyner fan, not TC fan and he was talking about Tyner vs TC. You should stop comparing a center being hurt to an All-state QB being hurt and the backup QB of TC as well. We are talking apple and oranges I’m sure that center wasn’t the best player on Tyner. Peabody won that's all that matters 

Hey man you are right but that missing center was the reason we could not move the ball effectively along with TC defense.  I know TCs qb got banged up.  He took a beating in the game.  As for number 5, I know he would have made a difference also, but football is a team sport.  We won and that is true but you never heard us complain about some of our injuries.  It TC had won the game, there would be no talk of #5 or #8.  I think both teams were evenly matched with a slight edge going to Trenton.  If both teams were healthy I would say TC 21-  Peabody 35.  But we will never know.  But one thing we do know. That Gold is in Trenton.  I hope they meet again next year to settle the score. I have much respect for that program.

On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 2:42 PM, PHSRollTide said:

We had a good 5 or six starters playing hurt with broken fingers and wr had a broken hand. Had a lineman who was out the whole year pretty much and played in the state game. Had a lot that were hurt so we feel your pain. We both were hurt lol

These TC posters talked a lot of noise before the game.  Not all were A holes though.  But man at this point in the season, guys are banged up.  Wentz was hurt last year and what did the backup do-Won the Super Bowl.  Next year will be interesting.  I heard we may be getting some old players back. Like 185 and 6'3 280 with quick feet and very strong.  This guy is a division 1 type talent. Lets keep our fingers crossed.

22 hours ago, RTD said:

I just think if the game was Friday or even we had a week off before the game like the division 2 schools the game would have been even better and both teams could have played to their full potential.

I agree totally.  The privates had two weeks off.  That is crazy.  That extra week would have benefited both teams.  We had two lineman playing with MCLs.  They were playing at about 75 percent.  So was the TC QB.  But my hats off to both teams.  You guys have 10 Gold balls. Wow !  We are trying to get where you guys are.  We now have a program that is respected and that is due to our coaches, especially coach Jacobs.  Most people don't know this but he is very responsible for that 2014 Gold.  Assistant coaches need more praise.  Our staff was is one of the best in the state hands down. It is very likely you guys get back next year.  I know Meigs has its QB back but good QBs get beat all the time.  That #30, #5, #6 will be a load for everyone next year. Ps see ya in Cookeville!

1 hour ago, Golddoctor said:

TC and Meigs  will have something to say about who plays for the goal in the east

Only stated that i thought Meigs may make the quarterfinals. I feel if we can come up with a player to take some of the pressure off of the qb, we could have another really good year. We could actually end up being better offensively. It all depends on how good our new line will be imo.

1 hour ago, Golddoctor said:

These TC posters talked a lot of noise before the game.  Not all were A holes though.  But man at this point in the season, guys are banged up.  Wentz was hurt last year and what did the backup do-Won the Super Bowl.  Next year will be interesting.  I heard we may be getting some old players back. Like 185 and 6'3 280 with quick feet and very strong.  This guy is a division 1 type talent. Lets keep our fingers crossed.

Enlighten me on old players lol

16 hours ago, PHSRollTide said:

Enlighten me on old players lol

Just speculation right now. One kid started out in Trenton. The other may be coming down from I-40 East.  NOt certain right now but the big kid really wants to come back home.  If we can keep him out of trouble, he will be a huge and I mean huge asset to the team.  When he played for Trms, he was a beast.

20 hours ago, Golddoctor said:

Hey man you are right but that missing center was the reason we could not move the ball effectively along with TC defense.  I know TCs qb got banged up.  He took a beating in the game.  As for number 5, I know he would have made a difference also, but football is a team sport.  We won and that is true but you never heard us complain about some of our injuries.  It TC had won the game, there would be no talk of #5 or #8.  I think both teams were evenly matched with a slight edge going to Trenton.  If both teams were healthy I would say TC 21-  Peabody 35.  But we will never know.  But one thing we do know. That Gold is in Trenton.  I hope they meet again next year to settle the score. I have much respect for that program.

I hope TC can get back too as well. TC had to learn how to win without #8 for the first 7 games of the season they just have to replace their OL and DL. The skills players will be back and #6 is just a younger version of #8. Still, have no clue about TC schedule next year I know they are having trouble scheduling teams. Both were QB where hurt the week before nobody knew #8 was hurt until after the title game and also #72 was hurt he had a bad ankle and he played through it and had the best game of his high school career. I don't think your center would have to give Peabody that big of an advantage you'll guards where the ones giving up the sacks TC did that all year to every one line. Peabody, RB was perfect for TC defense a power back will always have a hard time against TC defense that's built to stop the run. Meigs will be a problem next year for TC that QB is the best player I saw last year and making that long trip to Meigs next year if TC can get past Tyner will be another hard road for TC final year in 2A football just to get to the championship.

21 hours ago, Golddoctor said:

Your right Eagles where are my favorite NFL team. The only difference is that when Wentz got hurt the backup QB wasn't already hurt and they didn't have to put a backup WR at QB that hasn't thrown a pass all year. If TC pulled off winning the gold ball against Peabody with a backup WR at QB TC deserved 2 gold balls.  I understand about some TC fans being A-holes you should see how the coaches of TC are treated they already ran off Creasy and he was the coach of the year this year. He couldn't wait to get out of TC there is a lot of pressure put on TC coaches I won't be surprised if coach Wagg leaves in the next few years because of the pressure TC puts on their coaches 

14 hours ago, RTD said:

Your right Eagles where are my favorite NFL team. The only difference is that when Wentz got hurt the backup QB wasn't already hurt and they didn't have to put a backup WR at QB that hasn't thrown a pass all year. If TC pulled off winning the gold ball against Peabody with a backup WR at QB TC deserved 2 gold balls.  I understand about some TC fans being A-holes you should see how the coaches of TC are treated they already ran off Creasy and he was the coach of the year this year. He couldn't wait to get out of TC there is a lot of pressure put on TC coaches I won't be surprised if coach Wagg leaves in the next few years because of the pressure TC puts on their coaches 

That's a shame cause he is a very good coach.  I did not hear anybody bashing him until after the game.  I hope both teams can meet again next year under better circumstances.  I really believe you guys would have put up more points but we had some injuries that stalled our offense.  Ok, so much for injuries.  I saw the whitwell and cornersville game and neither of those teams could beat TC or Peabody healthy and at this stage of the year. Just my opinion.  Oh yeah #72 was a a beast but I watched the film and our center let him run by him several times with no touches.  Is 72 a senior?

15 hours ago, RTD said:

I hope TC can get back too as well. TC had to learn how to win without #8 for the first 7 games of the season they just have to replace their OL and DL. The skills players will be back and #6 is just a younger version of #8. Still, have no clue about TC schedule next year I know they are having trouble scheduling teams. Both were QB where hurt the week before nobody knew #8 was hurt until after the title game and also #72 was hurt he had a bad ankle and he played through it and had the best game of his high school career. I don't think your center would have to give Peabody that big of an advantage you'll guards where the ones giving up the sacks TC did that all year to every one line. Peabody, RB was perfect for TC defense a power back will always have a hard time against TC defense that's built to stop the run. Meigs will be a problem next year for TC that QB is the best player I saw last year and making that long trip to Meigs next year if TC can get past Tyner will be another hard road for TC final year in 2A football just to get to the championship.

If the refs did not call those touchy calls and our guys would have been more discipline like they usually are, the score and the stats would have been much different.  We can go on and on about penalties and injuries.  My opinion will always be for Peabody and yours TC.. That is understandable.  We have always had talent in Trenton.  But we have had bad coaching.  Tim Haney, Joe Gaddis, Ricky Woods and now Shane Jacobs has made us Relevant.  And we will be that way for a while.  We have a program that this town deserves. 

6 hours ago, Golddoctor said:

That's a shame cause he is a very good coach.  I did not hear anybody bashing him until after the game.  I hope both teams can meet again next year under better circumstances.  I really believe you guys would have put up more points but we had some injuries that stalled our offense.  Ok, so much for injuries.  I saw the whitwell and cornersville game and neither of those teams could beat TC or Peabody healthy and at this stage of the year. Just my opinion.  Oh yeah #72 was a a beast but I watched the film and our center let him run by him several times with no touches.  Is 72 a senior?

Whitwell beat TC last season. I watch the 1A game as well and Whitwell didn't play that good they are a lot better than what they look in that game. Yeah, he was a senior he didn't get to play that much this season he was out for some games with an injury doing the regular season too this year but he has started since he was a sophomore he will be miss next year.