Class 2A 2019

FightingBlue0

The ink is not dry on the books quite yet from this season, and yet I'm already noticing a complete drop off of talk about Waverly being a top team next year. So I will make this statement and I hope at the end of next year someone will remember to quote me on this, but "Waverly will be a lot better and go a lot further in the playoffs next year than what people are going to expect!" I'm not predicting how good they will be or how deep they will go, but they will definitely surpass expectations! I'm Super 8's Dad and I approve this message @

2 hours ago, RTD said:

Tyner best player was a WR, not an RB but we shut the RB down too well that game TC shut Tyner whole team down 

Yes TC definitely shut the Rams down.  Too bad 5 and 8 couldn't stay healthy through the entire run for TC-think you would have won gold. 

Short passing game would have been our only hope the way you guys were clicking early in the playoffs.  Heard that #11 for Tyner  Jeremiah Batiste picked up his first D1 offer - UTC has offered the junior receiver.  More should be coming for that young man but glad that the home town team was the first.

11 minutes ago, Ram4Life said:

Yes TC definitely shut the Rams down.  Too bad 5 and 8 couldn't stay healthy through the entire run for TC-think you would have won gold. 

Short passing game would have been our only hope the way you guys were clicking early in the playoffs.  Heard that #11 for Tyner  Jeremiah Batiste picked up his first D1 offer - UTC has offered the junior receiver.  More should be coming for that young man but glad that the home town team was the first.

Playoffs for TC were very physical. He is very shifty and quick but he only had 2 catches for 15 yards he didn't get a chance to show how fast he is lol. I think that was TC best game overall all season was against Tyner. TC just had to be physical with Tyner and keep that speed off the field with long drives on offense 

2 hours ago, Super8Dad said:

The ink is not dry on the books quite yet from this season, and yet I'm already noticing a complete drop off of talk about Waverly being a top team next year. So I will make this statement and I hope at the end of next year someone will remember to quote me on this, but "Waverly will be a lot better and go a lot further in the playoffs next year than what people are going to expect!" I'm not predicting how good they will be or how deep they will go, but they will definitely surpass expectations! I'm Super 8's Dad and I approve this message @

They may can go multiple rounds, but they aren’t a legitimate threat to get to Cookeville.  I think that’s what most say. I picked you boys as one of the two favorites the past few years in the west. You lost some outstanding players that you can’t replace. You won’t be a bad team, but not good enough for Cookeville.  The biggest thing you have going for you is Columbia Academy is gone and it makes it easier to get to a possible semifinal game. The path to another semifinal definitely will be easier. 

Edited by TheAmbassador
  • Upvote 1

Region 5 

CA is out.

Lewis County lost some good seniors and pizzpatriot thinks they will be down in 2019.

Eagleville will be rebuilding.

Summertown, Loretto, and Community are not historically football powers.

So that leaves one team as the preseason favorite: FORREST!

In all seriousness, Forrest and Lewis County should battle it out for the Region Championship. Hope to see Waverly in Chapel Hill next year for a playoff game.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Super8Dad said:

I agree. BUT we have got to put more emphasis on our D something we have yet to do. We have always put everything in offense and just do the basics on D. We need to b agressive and confident. We have got to stop handycaping our corners and safety and start setting a edge on D!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Salem said:

Region 5 

CA is out.

Lewis County lost some good seniors and pizzpatriot thinks they will be down in 2019.

Eagleville will be rebuilding.

Summertown, Loretto, and Community are not historically football powers.

So that leaves one team as the preseason favorite: FORREST!

In all seriousness, Forrest and Lewis County should battle it out for the Region Championship. Hope to see Waverly in Chapel Hill next year for a playoff game.

It will be an interesting to see how it all shakes out. I really don't know what to expect from Eagleville. Too many unknowns.

Trousdale Co. loses 11 Srs from the Runner-Up Roster. The Top 2 leading ball carriers will graduate as well as 4 of the starting o-line. They have a couple of options to take over the QB slot, #5 who started there the first 7 games and #6 who sparingly played there throughout the season, both will be Jrs. The LB core should be stout, as #7, #9, #30 and #5 all played extremely well there. #7 is a beast and i look for him to have a huge senior campaign. #30 has only 1 gear, wide open, and he is a head hunter.  #11 should lead the DBs as well as the WR core with the help of #10. #70 returns at center and will be called upon to lead a young line.  #2 was dismissed from the team early in the season. I pray that this young man has grown from this experience and is able to return. If he comes back as a TEAM player, everyone will benefit. If he is allowed to return, TC will have 6 Srs, 12 Jrs. and 11 Soph. on the roster. (Freshman count unknown). All this to say, TC has some big holes to fill but they do have some key players returning. I believe they will handle the region but those kids can only determine how good they will be. 

Edited by BCB~MVP

1 hour ago, BCB~MVP said:

Trousdale Co. loses 11 Srs from the Runner-Up Roster. The Top 2 leading ball carriers will graduate as well as 4 of the starting o-line. They have a couple of options to take over the QB slot, #5 who started there the first 7 games and #6 who sparingly played there throughout the season, both will be Jrs. The LB core should be stout, as #7, #9, #30 and #5 all played extremely well there. #7 is a beast and i look for him to have a huge senior campaign. #30 has only 1 gear, wide open, and he is a head hunter.  #11 should lead the DBs as well as the WR core with the help of #10. #70 returns at center and will be called upon to lead a young line.  #2 was dismissed from the team early in the season. I pray that this young man has grown from this experience and is able to return. If he comes back as a TEAM player, everyone will benefit. If he is allowed to return, TC will have 6 Srs, 12 Jrs. and 11 Soph. on the roster. (Freshman count unknown). All this to say, TC has some big holes to fill but they do have some key players returning. I believe they will handle the region but those kids can only determine how good they will be. 

#2 will try to come back I think he has learned from this past season. I just hope he shows coach Wagg that he has changed. He will have a huge year if he comes back he is a good kid just had a a lot going on in his personal life. I just wonder what the schedule will look like for next year.

21 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

They may can go multiple rounds, but they aren’t a legitimate threat to get to Cookeville.  I think that’s what most say. I picked you boys as one of the two favorites the past few years in the west. You lost some outstanding players that you can’t replace. You won’t be a bad team, but not good enough for Cookeville.  The biggest thing you have going for you is Columbia Academy is gone and it makes it easier to get to a possible semifinal game. The path to another semifinal definitely will be easier. 

Thanks Bass, I do appreciate the little love you send our way. I understand what you are saying and 100% agree that we can not replace what we lost, but I do believe what we have next year will be something else all together! Just remember, better than expected!