Class 2A 2019

FightingBlue0

19 hours ago, Tiger77dad said:

I agree. BUT we have got to put more emphasis on our D something we have yet to do. We have always put everything in offense and just do the basics on D. We need to b agressive and confident. We have got to stop handycaping our corners and safety and start setting a edge on D!!!!!

Agree with you 100% We got to get our defense strengthened back up. That was my main concern after that 2016 season and you can see it hurt us these last two years.  I honestly believe if we had that same D either one of these last two years, we would have gotten some gold, but of course woulda coulda shoulda, lol.

6 minutes ago, Super8Dad said:

Thanks Bass, I do appreciate the little love you send our way. I understand what you are saying and 100% agree that we can not replace what we lost, but I do believe what we have next year will be something else all together! Just remember, better than expected!

It’s just hard to replace those elite players like you lost. Waverly has a chance to still go for awhile though. CA being gone to d2 helps a lot. 

3 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

It’s just hard to replace those elite players like you lost. Waverly has a chance to still go for awhile though. CA being gone to d2 helps a lot. 

The ONLY problem with super stars some times there are some real jems. We have had several over the years that have not been used enough. TEAM we all make each other better 

• Like 1

On 12/4/2018 at 1:03 PM, Super8Dad said:

The ink is not dry on the books quite yet from this season, and yet I'm already noticing a complete drop off of talk about Waverly being a top team next year. So I will make this statement and I hope at the end of next year someone will remember to quote me on this, but "Waverly will be a lot better and go a lot further in the playoffs next year than what people are going to expect!" I'm not predicting how good they will be or how deep they will go, but they will definitely surpass expectations! I'm Super 8's Dad and I approve this message @

On 12/4/2018 at 3:36 PM, TheAmbassador said:

They may can go multiple rounds, but they aren’t a legitimate threat to get to Cookeville.  I think that’s what most say. I picked you boys as one of the two favorites the past few years in the west. You lost some outstanding players that you can’t replace. You won’t be a bad team, but not good enough for Cookeville.  The biggest thing you have going for you is Columbia Academy is gone and it makes it easier to get to a possible semifinal game. The path to another semifinal definitely will be easier. 

Nobody picked us to go far in 2016. I was really the only Waverly poster on here screaming how good we was and nobody wanted to hear it. Waverly will have an outstanding line next yr that alone will get you pretty far. Then you mix some skill players to go with #8 and teams better watch out!!! Waverly has the talent. 

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

Nobody picked us to go far in 2016. I was really the only Waverly poster on here screaming how good we was and nobody wanted to hear it. Waverly will have an outstanding line next yr that alone will get you pretty far. Then you mix some skill players to go with #8 and teams better watch out!!! Waverly has the talent. 

Peabody was all juniors. It just won’t happen in my opinion.

On 12/5/2018 at 5:24 PM, Tiger77dad said:

The ONLY problem with super stars some times there are some real jems. We have had several over the years that have not been used enough. TEAM we all make each other better 

I think Waverly will have a very good year. Now that th so called superstars are gone I think they will work more as a team. That’s what th game is about!  

• Like 1

Meigs will have most of the skill players returning from the 18 team. Losing a really good back and linemen on both sides of the ball. But I expect us to make another run honestly. The qb is returning and will be stronger, faster and most likely more mature a player. A great thing considering he is a mr football winner this past season. I will know more after game 1 but at a guess I'd expect us to make quarters just the way it stands. Again speculation but we return alot of good players. Anyhow just speculation and just a fyi. 

38 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Meigs will have most of the skill players returning from the 18 team. Losing a really good back and linemen on both sides of the ball. But I expect us to make another run honestly. The qb is returning and will be stronger, faster and most likely more mature a player. A great thing considering he is a mr football winner this past season. I will know more after game 1 but at a guess I'd expect us to make quarters just the way it stands. Again speculation but we return alot of good players. Anyhow just speculation and just a fyi. 

Should make quarters easily.

On 12/2/2018 at 7:38 PM, crow said:

Oneida gets gold in 2019. Gonna be a monster! 

On 12/7/2018 at 7:11 AM, orngnblk said:

Should make quarters easily.

I told y'all were back next year, were coming for the Cherokees to. Here comes the thunder. You tell 'em we're coming, you tell 'em I'm coming, and hells comin' with me!

Sorry, got a little carried away, to much coffee :shock: :lol: