Class 2A 2019

FightingBlue0

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 7:32 PM, Goldenpride said:

Next year for Peabody fans we need to cherish because after guys like coop, Noah, Dickson leave it’ll be hard to find a trio quite like them for a while in T town. 

It will be hard to replace that trio but man have you seen that middle school team.  They are lineman deep and skill people deep.  I think the drop off will be in 2020 and pick back up in 21 to 23.  They are loaded with size and speed.

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 1:03 PM, Super8Dad said:

The ink is not dry on the books quite yet from this season, and yet I'm already noticing a complete drop off of talk about Waverly being a top team next year. So I will make this statement and I hope at the end of next year someone will remember to quote me on this, but "Waverly will be a lot better and go a lot further in the playoffs next year than what people are going to expect!" I'm not predicting how good they will be or how deep they will go, but they will definitely surpass expectations! I'm Super 8's Dad and I approve this message @

You got to get pass Peabody.  That means you better beef up your defense.  Your offense this year was special but it was shut down by a depleted Tide defense.  We were not as healthy as some may think.  We, like other teams, kept our injuries a secret.  So to say Wavo will go further may happen but they will have to get pass Peabody!!

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 2:18 PM, Ram4Life said:

Yes TC definitely shut the Rams down.  Too bad 5 and 8 couldn't stay healthy through the entire run for TC-think you would have won gold. 

Short passing game would have been our only hope the way you guys were clicking early in the playoffs.  Heard that #11 for Tyner  Jeremiah Batiste picked up his first D1 offer - UTC has offered the junior receiver.  More should be coming for that young man but glad that the home town team was the first.

I am sick of this no 5 and 8 being hurt.  Our 160 pound center did as well as he could.  With that said, our 260 pound center was on the sideline with an MCL and did not play.  We were not able to do the usual things we do. I don't think either team showed us their best. I think Peabody had the better team.  Some of those calls were ridiculous.  Yes on both sides.  But defense wins championships.  You guys stopped our running game and we slowed TC down with the exception of that one big play of 65 yards.  There wa no holding on our 60 yard run but it got called back.  I think the teams were evenly matched.  I thought you guys were better in the trenches but we were better at the skill position.  Better kick return team.  Better punting.  Better passing and faster defense.  That was the difference in the game.  Both teams has some great warriors whom I truly respect.  So quit complaing about injuries.  We had many also.  That is part of the game

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 10:08 AM, BCB~MVP said:

Trousdale Co. loses 11 Srs from the Runner-Up Roster. The Top 2 leading ball carriers will graduate as well as 4 of the starting o-line. They have a couple of options to take over the QB slot, #5 who started there the first 7 games and #6 who sparingly played there throughout the season, both will be Jrs. The LB core should be stout, as #7, #9, #30 and #5 all played extremely well there. #7 is a beast and i look for him to have a huge senior campaign. #30 has only 1 gear, wide open, and he is a head hunter.  #11 should lead the DBs as well as the WR core with the help of #10. #70 returns at center and will be called upon to lead a young line.  #2 was dismissed from the team early in the season. I pray that this young man has grown from this experience and is able to return. If he comes back as a TEAM player, everyone will benefit. If he is allowed to return, TC will have 6 Srs, 12 Jrs. and 11 Soph. on the roster. (Freshman count unknown). All this to say, TC has some big holes to fill but they do have some key players returning. I believe they will handle the region but those kids can only determine how good they will be. 

The players that are coming back will get you back to Cookeville in a rematch with Peabody.  I hope

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 7:03 PM, vandyfan1 said:

Nobody picked us to go far in 2016. I was really the only Waverly poster on here screaming how good we was and nobody wanted to hear it. Waverly will have an outstanding line next yr that alone will get you pretty far. Then you mix some skill players to go with #8 and teams better watch out!!! Waverly has the talent. 

I wondered why #8 was not used that much in the Peabody game.  Did we shut him down or did the coach shut him down. He is a stud

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 5:32 AM, Imthayeti said:

Meigs will have most of the skill players returning from the 18 team. Losing a really good back and linemen on both sides of the ball. But I expect us to make another run honestly. The qb is returning and will be stronger, faster and most likely more mature a player. A great thing considering he is a mr football winner this past season. I will know more after game 1 but at a guess I'd expect us to make quarters just the way it stands. Again speculation but we return alot of good players. Anyhow just speculation and just a fyi. 

But TC

1 hour ago, Goldenpride said:

We will need more offense next year. A lot of the beef upfront is leaving. 

Skill people are a rarity at some schools.  We never suffer from that in Trenton.  Lineman can be built.  We have a great weight program and we do have a few studs coming back on the D line.  The O line will need beefing up a bit. But Coach Jacobs and friends will deal with that early on.  

4 hours ago, Golddoctor said:

I wondered why #8 was not used that much in the Peabody game.  Did we shut him down or did the coach shut him down. He is a stud

Coach shut him down on offense, you guys did on defense. He hasn't really played any serious offense since about the 4th game of the season, so though he did get to start offense in the game and was wide open several times, the QB didn't even look his way because he just wasn't used to him being out there. On defense, your Offensive coordinator come over and personally shook his hand and told him that he was the one they prepared for all week! He said he had two different guys lined up in #8 all that week so they could practice audibles to run the play away from him. So he was bummed initially because he thought he had a bad game at a crucial time, but after talking to your coordinator, he felt better about it. Like I said on another thread, you guys have a classy program. Barring injury ( fingers crossed) he's going to be a monster next year for sure!

4 hours ago, Super8Dad said:

Coach shut him down on offense, you guys did on defense. He hasn't really played any serious offense since about the 4th game of the season, so though he did get to start offense in the game and was wide open several times, the QB didn't even look his way because he just wasn't used to him being out there. On defense, your Offensive coordinator come over and personally shook his hand and told him that he was the one they prepared for all week! He said he had two different guys lined up in #8 all that week so they could practice audibles to run the play away from him. So he was bummed initially because he thought he had a bad game at a crucial time, but after talking to your coordinator, he felt better about it. Like I said on another thread, you guys have a classy program. Barring injury ( fingers crossed) he's going to be a monster next year for sure!

I said it earlier!  This offense creates superstars!  It has really been a lot about individual stats and mr football finalists.  Most of th passes are thrown to one person(or should I say same person)  while the others just spread or block. If Waverly comes out next year with th TEAM concept they will go far!  

Edited by Lacesout
  • Like 1