Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Violet
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

FightingBlue0

Class 2A 2019

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, Golddoctor said:

I am sick of this no 5 and 8 being hurt.  Our 160 pound center did as well as he could.  With that said, our 260 pound center was on the sideline with an MCL and did not play.  We were not able to do the usual things we do. I don't think either team showed us their best. I think Peabody had the better team.  Some of those calls were ridiculous.  Yes on both sides.  But defense wins championships.  You guys stopped our running game and we slowed TC down with the exception of that one big play of 65 yards.  There wa no holding on our 60 yard run but it got called back.  I think the teams were evenly matched.  I thought you guys were better in the trenches but we were better at the skill position.  Better kick return team.  Better punting.  Better passing and faster defense.  That was the difference in the game.  Both teams has some great warriors whom I truly respect.  So quit complaing about injuries.  We had many also.  That is part of the game

My calm down he is a Tyner fan, not TC fan and he was talking about Tyner vs TC. You should stop comparing a center being hurt to an All-state QB being hurt and the backup QB of TC as well. We are talking apple and oranges I’m sure that center wasn’t the best player on Tyner. Peabody won that's all that matters 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Lacesout said:

I said it earlier!  This offense creates superstars!  It has really been a lot about individual stats and mr football finalists.  Most of th passes are thrown to one person(or should I say same person)  while the others just spread or block. If Waverly comes out next year with th TEAM concept they will go far!  

I 100% agree, and the best part about it is, what they do next year is gone be so unexpected that by the time people get it figured out it's gone be to late. We are definitely going to be under the radar next year and I think it will be to our advantage. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RTD said:

My calm down he is a Tyner fan, not TC fan and he was talking about Tyner vs TC. You should stop comparing a center being hurt to an All-state QB being hurt and the backup QB of TC as well. We are talking apple and oranges I’m sure that center wasn’t the best player on Tyner. Peabody won that's all that matters 

We had a good 5 or six starters playing hurt with broken fingers and wr had a broken hand. Had a lineman who was out the whole year pretty much and played in the state game. Had a lot that were hurt so we feel your pain. We both were hurt lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

Forrest has the talent to be a top 8 team. They have the coaching to be a #4 seed for the 3rd straight year after two region titles before that  

Can't tell if you are serious or being sarcastic <_< lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Super8Dad said:

Can't tell if you are serious or being sarcastic <_< lol.

He isnt being sarcastic just brutuly honest, Forrest had as much talent as just about any 2 A squad imo,I really though they would make noise,if fhe coaches can pull their heads outta their rear ends forrest has a 3 loss season if not around 500.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

He isnt being sarcastic just brutuly honest, Forrest had as much talent as just about any 2 A squad imo,I really though they would make noise,if fhe coaches can pull their heads outta their rear ends forrest has a 3 loss season if not around 500.

Thanks bud. You guys enjoy your well-deserved/earned ring. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, PHSRollTide said:

We had a good 5 or six starters playing hurt with broken fingers and wr had a broken hand. Had a lineman who was out the whole year pretty much and played in the state game. Had a lot that were hurt so we feel your pain. We both were hurt lol

I just think if the game was Friday or even we had a week off before the game like the division 2 schools the game would have been even better and both teams could have played to their full potential.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RTD said:

I just think if the game was Friday or even we had a week off before the game like the division 2 schools the game would have been even better and both teams could have played to their full potential.

I do agree with you there 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 11:48 PM, Super8Dad said:

Coach shut him down on offense, you guys did on defense. He hasn't really played any serious offense since about the 4th game of the season, so though he did get to start offense in the game and was wide open several times, the QB didn't even look his way because he just wasn't used to him being out there. On defense, your Offensive coordinator come over and personally shook his hand and told him that he was the one they prepared for all week! He said he had two different guys lined up in #8 all that week so they could practice audibles to run the play away from him. So he was bummed initially because he thought he had a bad game at a crucial time, but after talking to your coordinator, he felt better about it. Like I said on another thread, you guys have a classy program. Barring injury ( fingers crossed) he's going to be a monster next year for sure!

Thanks for the update.  I watched him on Hudl and I thought he was one of Wavos best players.  Thankfully for him, he has another year to shine.  Good luck next year and maybe we will meet in the semis again.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Announcements



×