Tellico Plains High Lady Bears Basketball

pitner

8 hours ago, pitner said:

As mentioned in previous posts. payers going from one school to another within their county happens, but when a coach from one county ( or an AAu handler) spends more time at a different county's junior high schools and does in fact get a player to come to their school,  that is , while not illegal,  pretty unethical.  I am glad , however, that it turned out great for the young lady who did what she and her family thought was best for her.  It has happened and as recently as last year  another player from Tellico was encouraged  to do the same thing.  That's why we don't schedule Central.

As for last year Tellico played most of the post season without their second leading scorer until she cut a cast off to play in the Unaka game where she was, as expected, not near 100 percent. 

As mentioned in earlier posts Tellico and Meigs played for years but not in recent years  this happens all the time and no one has ever accused anyone of ducking someone else. Must be a touchy subject for some.

My original post was meant to give Tellico the same pr that other schools with similar records were getting for no real reason as it pertains to state rankings in class A. This early in the season (7 games) really no one has played that tough a schedule so early rankings are meaningless. That will change for some I realize.  I guess we should be penalized for playing in a weak district. Would that make you happy?  I will continue to post about Tellico Basketball in a positive way and would hope you would simply do the same for your school without turning to sniping about someone else. Stay positive and have  a great season!

Ok well again no one is penalizing anyone for playing weak district games but the non district schedule is ridiculously weak. CMON. AS for AAU coaches spending time at schools. Listen it happens everyday. So I guess Tellico has never allowed a kid transfer in and play a sport. Sounds like sour grapes to me. Let it go!!! Good night get over it and let them play. 

• Like 1

On 12/7/2018 at 11:09 AM, hohmaster said:

What makes people think it was Tellico that didn't want to schedule Meigs or Central this year?  I don't know but I'm curious if anyone else knows it was Tellico that didn't schedule them, or was it Meigs and Central who didn't schedule Tellico?  No speculation please - just facts.
I haven't heard of anyone from Tellico (or Monroe County) playing for McMinn Central this year, but let's not act like McMinn Central hasn't "encouraged" young ladies from there - and Athens - to come to Central for over a decade.

That would be recruiting where I come from. Are you accusing Mcminn Central of Illegal recruiting?

Obviously several posting on this subject are miss informed or at best, not looking at this matter the same as what everyone in Monroe county know as fact. The person in original post only wanted to recognize the Great start the season for the lady Bears, I understand. But like so many with Central bias you couldn't help yourself you have to try and pick at something didn't you. Like Paul Harvey here is the rest of the story for, "Fever". Now Meigs first of all has a good team and has not been apart of such treachery to my knowledge, but are logistically about an hour apart, as for the other, well. We are not talking AAU coaches which are the right arm for, wait for it, "recruiting" done by the (coach M, so as not to Officially name). When your last state appearance was made happen solely by players not zoned for your county come on "fever". Face the facts, there are a lot of people who saw Coach M sitting with Parents of Player from Rural Vale, With said mother getting nice employment in McMinn county starting her freshman year. Now I'm sure folks from your area don't call that recruiting, but everyone in the state DOES!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

A little late to the party here, but the recruiting thing happens all over and it stinks for the local schools. That being said, Tellico playing one of the weakest schedules in the state with one of the best teams in the state will never help them go far in the tournament. There is no reason that the teams that have beaten them the last few years should be the ones to put them out other than the fact that they don't know how to play against real competition. Tellico smashes everyone by 30-40 points all year long and they do not know how to handle the adversity of a close game when it comes tourney time. It is no fault of the players so take nothing away from them, but the coach has to step up his level of competition if he wants them prepared for the big dance. Scheduling is all on the coaches. The other programs mentioned play against talented AAA teams during their seasons like Stone Memorial, Bradley, Oak Ridge, Farragut, etc. because they also play in a weak district and their coaches know they need it. The girls had an amazing season, but they had the talent to do a lot more if they had been prepared during season. 

On 3/20/2019 at 10:11 AM, Coachken12 said:

How do you know how good they are because they play know one. To say the team's that had beat them the last two years shouldn't that's a joke.  They are a very good team,  but the team's that neat them were good also.

May have nothing to do with Tellico, but Midway beat Eagleville, who beat Clay County in the sub-state and give us all we wanted in the semis. In fact, Midway was the quickest skilled team we played all year long. They went around us like we were sitting still and put up 61 on us. If they had a tall post they might have won it all. Very good team from that neck of the woods.

Just sad I am sure the players would love a chance to play Meigs, McMinn Central and McMinn Co. 1 player leaving several years ago just needs to be forgotten! Great group of freshman let them get better who cares if you beat Tn Christian and Maryville Christian by a hundred! A hard fought loss builds more character than an easy win!

• Like 1