Best Team In The State

WoodlawnFalcons

Wonder how many pages this will go and how many folks will change their minds.I don't think there is a case for any of the top teams that says they couldn't be beat in  certain situations by one or more of the other top teams.That says to me,we could paint this any way we want and it still doesn't make it a guaranteed deal.Would any of us give 14 points and bet our team could still beat any other.I sure as hail wouldn't.If a game is that close to begin with,then either team could win and that is my point.

15 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

Wonder how many pages this will go and how many folks will change their minds.I don't think there is a case for any of the top teams that says they couldn't be beat in  certain situations by one or more of the other top teams.That says to me,we could paint this any way we want and it still doesn't make it a guaranteed deal.Would any of us give 14 points and bet our team could still beat any other.I sure as hail wouldn't.If a game is that close to begin with,then either team could win and that is my point.

No doubt any of the top 8 teams in the state could beat each other at any given time but I go on what happened during the season to make my judgment. Alcoa is the only team that can make the claim in my book by what they accomplished and going undefeated. Beating Maryville at home seals the deal for me. No one else did that, including the 6a champs.

Edited by crow6424
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, crow6424 said:

No doubt any of the top 8 teams in the state could beat each other at any given time but I go on what happened during the season to make my judgment. Alcoa is the only team that can make the claim in my book by what they accomplished and going undefeated. Beating Maryville at home seals the deal for me. No one else did that, including the 6a champs.

I understand and if I were a fan of several teams,I could make similar cases.We all know pretty much what  could be said for most of those teams.Still goes back to so many factors with the ultimate one being these are  IFL games that will never be played.I could break it down the same as any of you but if all of us are honest,there isn't an unbeatable team in the state.I seen it with every team.Now since the games are not going to be played,I'm happy as anyone that my team is mentioned with the other best teams in the state and just knowing we could be competitive and even win against any other team this year is pretty awesome.Beter yet,having a 30 game win  streak and two straight gold balls is not IFL and that is more then enough to satisfy Batman.

4 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

I understand and if I were a fan of several teams,I could make similar cases.We all know pretty much what  could be said for most of those teams.Still goes back to so many factors with the ultimate one being these are  IFL games that will never be played.I could break it down the same as any of you but if all of us are honest,there isn't an unbeatable team in the state.I seen it with every team.Now since the games are not going to be played,I'm happy as anyone that my team is mentioned with the other best teams in the state and just knowing we could be competitive and even win against any other team this year is pretty awesome.Beter yet,having a 30 game win  streak and two straight gold balls is not IFL and that is more then enough to satisfy Batman.

I watched the Devils in the last 2 championships and think they would compete with anyone in the public classification. I would would be happy as well if that was my squad.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, crow6424 said:

I watched the Devils in the last 2 championships and think they would compete with anyone in the public classification. I would would be happy as well if that was my squad.

Well, it's something that doesn't come along in NET very often.Outside of Greeneville winning four in the history of playoff football,it's the TH teams of 71 and 72 .Some like to add the Morristown East team in 69 as part of the area and that's ok but that's it until you get to Jeff and Sevier county.

19 hours ago, 32hammer said:

as far as the difference between the elementary school and high school numbers, one simple answer is that county elementary schools with small to normal size enrollment feed into large consoludated conglomerate high schools. Some parents simply dont want that for their kids, so before they are forced bused  15 miles to these high school factories they decide to enroll them in a smaller high school .

The rest of it, Im guessing youre just trying to get a reaction from folks. Lol

I always respect your opinion because it's never something corny and well thought out. I can fully see and understand your opinion. I also would do the same thing for my kids. Usually I get something back from the peanut gallery so I guess it's been by habit to throw the first bucket of water because I'll get it back either way. Alcoa runs a first notch school system no doubt and most people from outside this county only see's football. I guess my only hardship with Alcoa is the multiplier rule in which I had mentioned only because it has destroyed one of the county high schools program so bad there's virtually no way anyone could bring it back. If I'm Coach Rankin with all the tools at his side to sway a kid to be apart of Alcoa's program would be like selling a brand new car versus the Heritage program looking like Opie's Auto Center out on 321 Highway. It's so bad at the county schools one of my good friends that teaches at one of the high schools told me this week there was still some original carpeting in one of those two schools that was put in 40 years ago. So how could any coach sell that to a move in prospect checking the schools out. When the Heritage football program died back in 2001 all of its good organs were donated to Alcoa. On the Maryville side of the equation the tuition is almost three times the cost of Alcoa's limiting quite a few kids. Alcoa went up on tuition this year a little bit and the rate went from 32% down to 28%. I'm pretty sure that number would tumble if they were charging what Maryville does and the football program would feel it also. Like I said I would do the same thing as a parent. 

Edited by BarneySox2007

On 12/3/2018 at 2:42 PM, GoPats2019 said:

1. Oakland

2. Mt. Juliet

3. Brentwood Academy

4. Memphis University School

5. Whitehaven/Maryville

7. Greenville

8. Alcoa

9. Christ Presbyterian

10. Knoxville Central

I’ve had 5 days To think about it and my rankings are...

1. Oakland 

2. Mt Juliet 

3. Brentwood Academy 

4. Memphis University School

5. Whitehaven/Maryville 

7. Greeneville 

8. Alcoa

9. Christ Presbyterian 

10. Knoxville Central 

Edited by GoPats2019
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I always respect your opinion because it's never something corny and well thought out. I can fully see and understand your opinion. I also would do the same thing for my kids. Usually I get something back from the peanut gallery so I guess it's been by habit to throw the first bucket of water because I'll get it back either way. Alcoa runs a first notch school system no doubt and most people from outside this county only see's football. I guess my only hardship with Alcoa is the multiplier rule in which I had mentioned only because it has destroyed one of the county high schools program so bad there's virtually no way anyone could bring it back. If I'm Coach Rankin with all the tools at his side to sway a kid to be apart of Alcoa's program would be like selling a brand new car versus the Heritage program looking like Opie's Auto Center out on 321 Highway. It's so bad at the county schools one of my good friends that teaches at one of the high schools told me this week there was still some original carpeting in one of those two schools that was put in 40 years ago. So how could any coach sell that to a move in prospect checking the schools out. When the Heritage football program died back in 2001 all of its good organs were donated to Alcoa. On the Maryville side of the equation the tuition is almost three times the cost of Alcoa's limiting quite a few kids. Alcoa went up on tuition this year a little bit and the rate went from 32% down to 28%. I'm pretty sure that number would tumble if they were charging what Maryville does and the football program would feel it also. Like I said I would do the same thing as a parent. 

Thanks my friend. Its a tough situation for some schools. I can only speak for myself, but Ive had tons of folks ask my opinion about where their kids should go to high school. I try to answer as honesty as I can. Every kids situation is different. I think you have take several factors into consideration. Different schools have different strengths.  Im a fan of smaller community based high schools. I also think you need to consider the culture of the school be it athletic, academic,  social and/or nuturing and decide whats best for your child.

39 minutes ago, 32hammer said:

Thanks my friend. Its a tough situation for some schools. I can only speak for myself, but Ive had tons of folks ask my opinion about where their kids should go to high school. I try to answer as honesty as I can. Every kids situation is different. I think you have take several factors into consideration. Different schools have different strengths.  Im a fan of smaller community based high schools. I also think you need to consider the culture of the school be it athletic, academic,  social and/or nuturing and decide whats best for your child.

Spot on.Same situation up here when I talk to young parents who have kids coming up in the tri-cities area.Dobyns Bennett is a great school for some kids and that's where my youngest two went.For some it would be a lot better to go to a smaller county school .My oldest went to South Greene and it was perfect for him ,he would have hated DB .

1 hour ago, BatmanDevil said:

Spot on.Same situation up here when I talk to young parents who have kids coming up in the tri-cities area.Dobyns Bennett is a great school for some kids and that's where my youngest two went.For some it would be a lot better to go to a smaller county school .My oldest went to South Greene and it was perfect for him ,he would have hated DB .

Yes sir! Great input BatmanDevil. 

2 hours ago, 32hammer said:

Worst thing to ever happen to Blount County is putting all those schools together and lost that small community feel. I bet if they could go back in time that wouldn't have happened again.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Worst thing to ever happen to Blount County is putting all those schools together and lost that small community feel. I bet if they could go back in time that wouldn't have happened again.

I agree. As far as not doing it again, you know how it is when moneys involved...some folks dont care