Best Team In The State

WoodlawnFalcons

18 hours ago, 32hammer said:

I think Alcoa is the best team in the state this year, but Im biased. Greeneville,  Oakland, BA, etc could all make a valid argument. However, when you logically compare the teams,  one objective comparison stands out. Oakland lost to maryville on the rebs home field, Alcoa won that awesome, tough game at Maryville.  

No other undefeated team has that high of a quality win. 

The best "looking" team i saw was Greeneville,i am a huge Alcoa fan so i am not saying they would or could beat the Tornadoes.Alcoa ALWAYS steps it up when they need to to get the W and i am sure they would in that instance.But as i said of all the Championship teams i saw play in each of their said games,Greeneville looked the best.

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

.......like Maryville with 1600-1700 students, DB with 2200+ students.....

Gotta do what ya got to do.....ta be the best!!

17 state Championships !!!

1,600-1,700 kids at Maryville don't mean much when a majority of them are Pokemon Go Players. Have you ever drove behind a school bus unloading kids that go to Maryville. Well I'll be the first to tell you we didn't miss any football players out of those groups. We're over crowded with kids almost like the local animal shelter. The good thing for them is that they load them up and send them north to areas needing animals when they reach the maximum, we can't do that at Maryville High which really isn't a bad idea though.

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

The best "looking" team i saw was Greeneville,i am a huge Alcoa fan so i am not saying they would or could beat the Tornadoes.Alcoa ALWAYS steps it up when they need to to get the W and i am sure they would in that instance.But as i said of all the Championship teams i saw play in each of their said games,Greeneville looked the best.

Much respect for Greeneville. I think its a one play decides it game if Alcoa played Greeneville.  But on the field this year,  does Greeneville have a win as impressive as Alcoas win at Maryville that broke the defending 6A state champs 76 game win streak? Everything else on the field between the two schools is basically even.

This is all conjecture,  but based on what was done on the field this year,  its hard to argue with what Alcoa did as the best overall body of work.

1 hour ago, Indian said:

1-Oakland

2-Greeneville

3-BA

several bunched close after that.

Oakland lost to a team Alcoa beat. Greenville has a strong case, but does not have the same high quality win that Alcoa had on Maryvilles home field.

Based on what occurred in the field, Alcoa has the strongest case. Again, its all opinions.  

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, LawandOrder said:

Alcoa has only beaten Maryville how many times since Rankin has been there?  Can you say “who is your daddy?”

14 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Better question: How many times has any program beaten Maryville over that same timeframe. It's a small list

Really small list, maybe 2 and none with frwer than 1000 students except Alcoa. Maryville has just been THAT good.

12 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Little ole 3A Alcoa has 684 kids according to a front page article in the Daily Times last week which 28% are tuition students. Wonder how many of them were football players that should have been at Heritage. What's funny is that Alcoa Elementary only had 8% tuition students. How could those numbers be so different, what does the high school have to offer the elementary don't. DUH!!!!!  If Bernard Childress did his job right and put a multiplier rule in for every tuition student football player that adds 20 students to the enrollment then you might see some fairness among all the schools instead of a big fat pig taking advantage and running over the lesser quality schools.

as far as the difference between the elementary school and high school numbers, one simple answer is that county elementary schools with small to normal size enrollment feed into large consoludated conglomerate high schools. Some parents simply dont want that for their kids, so before they are forced bused  15 miles to these high school factories they decide to enroll them in a smaller high school .

The rest of it, Im guessing youre just trying to get a reaction from folks. Lol

Edited by 32hammer

28 minutes ago, 32hammer said:

Oakland lost to a team Alcoa beat. Greenville has a strong case, but does not have the same high quality win that Alcoa had on Maryvilles home field.

Based on what occurred in the field, Alcoa has the strongest case. Again, its all opinions.  

I agree but what was Maryvilles problem in the semis? Losing Tee Hodge isn’t a 38 point difference imo. I also feel that Alcoa should been more dominant against Covington imo. Maryville was an awesome quality win until that big loss 38-0 imo. Still don’t understand that. 

• Like 1