TN Coach's Poll for 3 December

ArtusCimber

Let the diatribes begin...

TENNESSEE HIGH SCHOOL WRESTLING POLL

From: Jeff Price                                                               Results from: 12/3/18

THIS IS THE FIRST POLL OF THE SEASON. 

Now in its 27th year, The Poll is primarily a measure of dual meet strength with some consideration to individual tournament strength.   Votes are cast by a state-wide panel of high school wrestling coaches and are based on a maximum Power Ranking of 100%.

STATE POLL:

RANK

SCHOOL

POWER

RANKING

LAST WEEK

CLEVELAND

N/A

BAYLOR

N/A

CHRISTIAN BROTHERS

N/A

MCCALLIE

N/A

BRADLEY CENTRAL

N/A

WILSON CENTRAL

N/A

BLACKMAN

N/A

FATHER RYAN

N/A

BRENTWOOD

N/A

SCIENCE HILL

N/A

ARLINGTON

N/A

BEECH

N/A

Others receiving votes:  CENTENNIAL, INDEPENDENCE, JEFFERSON COUNTY, OAKLAND, ROSSVIEW, SODDY DAISY, SUMMIT

Edited by ArtusCimber

I made myself a vow that I was going to be nice to Airhead Chamber this year but him and his merry band of head in the sand pollsters have forced me to come out swinging from the very first poll!

Are you going to force me to say it?  AC, did you slip Soddy in there just to screw with me?  I can't believe this is real.  Maybe its a typo.  How many votes do the Soddy coaches get?  How bad does Soddy have to get before they stop receiving LEGACY votes?

Arlington is being disrespected but I imagine they will correct this on their own.  Glad to see Oakland getting some well deserved love as well.  

1 hour ago, FRHSIrishVol said:

Last Thursday:

Father Ryan 43 

Wilson Central 31

FRHS - what you must understand with this poll is results do not matter.  It is based on the combined years of knowledge and what has historically been the wrestling landscape in Tennessee.  If the same pollsters put together a college wrestling poll, no doubt, Iowa & Minnesota would be at the top and Boise State would make the top 12.  

10 hours ago, ObserverW said:

I made myself a vow that I was going to be nice to Airhead Chamber this year but him and his merry band of head in the sand pollsters have forced me to come out swinging from the very first poll!

Are you going to force me to say it?  AC, did you slip Soddy in there just to screw with me?  I can't believe this is real.  Maybe its a typo.  How many votes do the Soddy coaches get?  How bad does Soddy have to get before they stop receiving LEGACY votes?

Arlington is being disrespected but I imagine they will correct this on their own.  Glad to see Oakland getting some well deserved love as well.  

It is surprising to see them mentioned on there since they lost to Hixson last week 37-28

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, ObserverW said:

Finally one year you are correct, after last year getting smacked by Soddy head to head you still wanted Arlington ahead, so i guess as they say a blind squirrel will find a nut every now and then.   As far as Soddy is concerned they are terrible this year hence getting beat by Hixson who hasnt beat them in forever. They kicked off Tony Wilson and I am not sure if Hayden is hurt or just not wrestling this season but without those 2 ranked wrestlers they are not even a good team now, with those 2 they might be a top 15-20 team but without they are not even close.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FRHSIrishVol said:

AGREED 110%. 

I just didn’t know if they had that score to review before releasing. Always fun to follow.

You agree 110% about not caring about the poll YET you post results implying FR should be ahead of Wilson Central in the poll because they beat them.  Seems conflicted to me.  Does it make you sore riding that fence?

You are sleeping on Dobyns Bennett.  They could be the leading team out of Region 1 this year.  Science Hill lost about 10 of their starters from last season's team.  Jefferson Co just won Catholic Invitational, its conceivable DB and Jeff Co could be Region 1 reps at State Duals completely shutting out last year's runner up. 

I am very glad to see Region 1 in the conversation.  All the coaches in the area have worked their butts off to gain some respect and be in the discussion on a yearly basis.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ObserverW said:

You agree 110% about not caring about the poll YET you post results implying FR should be ahead of Wilson Central in the poll because they beat them.  Seems conflicted to me.  Does it make you sore riding that fence?

Take a deep breath. I think my response was taken out of context, which happens quite often on message boards.

I agree 110% it only matters who is at the podium at the end of the season, but like lost fans of sports enjoy following the polls through out the year. It typically brings out great conversation from fans all over the State of Tennessee. 

I was posting the score in case those that are in charge of this particular poll did not see that Father Ryan and Wilson Central wrestled last Thursday. That’s it. Nothing more.

Good luck to you and your team in 2018-19. 

God Bless you and your family during this Christmas and Holiday season.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1