TN Coach's Poll for 3 December

ArtusCimber

1 minute ago, WrestlingGod said:

The Bruins are returning state medalists. They absolutely should be on the first set of rankings and then yes, if you rankings are that important to you and you want to be on the list, you should have to beat a team currently ranked. Just because you are 16-0 doesn't mean you should be on this list. Its quality of opponents, not quantity.

So if a team is a returning state medalist and lose 80% of your team to graduation you think that team "deserves" to be in the first ranking?  And from that logic it appears that you subscribe to the system of Legacy ranking.  I assume you are also voting to add Soddy back.  

16 minutes ago, ObserverW said:

So if a team is a returning state medalist and lose 80% of your team to graduation you think that team "deserves" to be in the first ranking?  And from that logic it appears that you subscribe to the system of Legacy ranking.  I assume you are also voting to add Soddy back.  

They graduated 4 last year. Not sure where you got that 80% number. Brentwood is a tough tough team and for sure deserves their ranking, but even then I don't think they're the best team in Region 7 right now. Again, it comes down to quality of competition, not quantity.

4 hours ago, WrestlingGod said:

They graduated 4 last year. Not sure where you got that 80% number. Brentwood is a tough tough team and for sure deserves their ranking, but even then I don't think they're the best team in Region 7 right now. Again, it comes down to quality of competition, not quantity.

Don't worry WG, ole OW there whines and complains like a little baby even after getting beat last year he complained about Soddy being ranked over Arlington(based on an individual tournament).  He really doesn't have a clue and just loves to whine about something! Arlington is a good team for sure, but I am really not sure the point in whining about who is second best in the state in AAA!  Also, based upon your arguement last year OW, Blackman should be ranked ahead of Arlington since they finished ahead at Blackhorse!

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, WrestlingGod said:

The BRENTWOOD BRUINS will be at home on Friday night and I feel confident that the STILLWATER COWBOY will have them lathered up and ready to put a beat down on the tea sipping PURPLE IRISH rich boys.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/11/2018 at 7:14 AM, cbg said:

The BRENTWOOD BRUINS will be at home on Friday night and I feel confident that the STILLWATER COWBOY will have them lathered up and ready to put a beat down on the tea sipping PURPLE IRISH rich boys.

Are you okay CBG? Heard your STILLWATER COWBOY didn't get in to state. Just wanted to check up on you

Edited by MichauleyCulkin

28 minutes ago, MichauleyCulkin said:

Are you okay CBG? Heard your STILLWATER COWBOY didn't get in to state. Just wanted to check up on you

I am doing just fine.  Will have to admit that I am a little surprised that the Bruins were not stronger this year.  What really shocked me was that a very average (by their standards) Purple Irish team thumped the STILLWATER COWBOY early in the season and the match could easily have been even more lopsided.  

2 minutes ago, cbg said:

I am doing just fine.  Will have to admit that I am a little surprised that the Bruins were not stronger this year.  What really shocked me was that a very average (by their standards) Purple Irish team thumped the STILLWATER COWBOY early in the season and the match could easily have been even more lopsided.  

Just wanted to make sure. I remember you saying specifically that no one would have a chance in the region while the STILLWATER COWBOY was around...then centennial and Indy came around..

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 12:48 PM, WWarrior97 said:

You are sleeping on Dobyns Bennett.  They could be the leading team out of Region 1 this year.  Science Hill lost about 10 of their starters from last season's team.  Jefferson Co just won Catholic Invitational, its conceivable DB and Jeff Co could be Region 1 reps at State Duals completely shutting out last year's runner up. 

I am very glad to see Region 1 in the conversation.  All the coaches in the area have worked their butts off to gain some respect and be in the discussion on a yearly basis.  

I'd say the only one sleeping here was you... sweet dreams.

1 hour ago, cbg said:

While Smith is still a good coach, the Bruins just didn't have the same talent level as last year. Not surprising to see them miss state in such a tough region.

30 minutes ago, TusslinAndRusslin said:

While Smith is still a good coach, the Bruins just didn't have the same talent level as last year. Not surprising to see them miss state in such a tough region.

No, it should be surprising. As they were continually boasted as a top 8 team in the state. Especially by cbg, THE STILLWATER COWBOYS STEED. Please, like anyone on this forum thought Indy was going to beat them. All year it's been BRENTWOOD>SUMMIT>CENT>INDY by everyone.

11 minutes ago, MichauleyCulkin said:

No, it should be surprising. As they were continually boasted as a top 8 team in the state. Especially by cbg, THE STILLWATER COWBOYS STEED. Please, like anyone on this forum thought Indy was going to beat them. All year it's been BRENTWOOD>SUMMIT>CENT>INDY by 

I've never been huge on the team rankings cause they are too hard to accurately predict. I always saw Brentwood and Centennial on even playing field so I expected competition for sure. Indy surprised me for sure, but they have had a well run program last few years so its not terribly shocking.

Edited by TusslinAndRusslin

12 minutes ago, MichauleyCulkin said:

No, it should be surprising. As they were continually boasted as a top 8 team in the state. Especially by cbg, THE STILLWATER COWBOYS STEED. Please, like anyone on this forum thought Indy was going to beat them. All year it's been BRENTWOOD>SUMMIT>CENT>INDY by everyone.

Not everyone. Indy was the surprise sure but its not like they were so far behind the rest of that playing field. The entire region was always back and forth. Indy lost to Brentwood and Summit beat Brentwood by a decent amount. Then Indy beats Summit and Page and Page beats Summit. The only consistency in the region this year was Centennial. The 4 teams behind them (Indy, Page, Summit, Brentwood) were all very close.