• Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

Vandychris

Redistricting for Class 4A

Every two years, we get the new redistricting plans. I haven't seen anything posted yet. Have they been announced? I would expect Maplewood and Nolensville to move to 5A? Anyone know anything?

1 hour ago, Vandychris said:

Every two years, we get the new redistricting plans. I haven't seen anything posted yet. Have they been announced? I would expect Maplewood and Nolensville to move to 5A? Anyone know anything?

I thought it was every 4 years now. Unless there was a 20% gain or loss in total student population then the team could move mid cycle. We should have 2 more years to go. 

It was said last year that Nolensville had the enrollment of a 6A school playing a 4A schedule. You may be right on the 4 years however I do know Columbia Academy is leaving 2A for the 2019 season going to Div 2

6 hours ago, Vandychris said:

Maplewood 5a?  With republic growing so fast I dont see it.

22 hours ago, Vandychris said:

It's every four years unless there is a 20% increase or decrease in enrollment.  You can go the tssaa.org and see the 7 or 8 schools that will be moved for next year.  Republic is one of them as they will go to 3A.  That is the only one I can remember off the top of my head.  

53 minutes ago, brian2000 said:

Regardless, schools shouldn’t be allowed to pick and choose which region they want to play in. 6A numbers shouldn’t be in 4A or vice versa imo.

Nolensville was a new school and had their first varsity schedule 2 years ago.