How does this year's Alcoa team rank all time?

32hammer

15 hours ago, Spartan4Life said:

Little misleading to say they beat the team that beat the 6Astate champ when the 6A state champ also beat Maryville in a blowout when it mattered most. Watching both State title games I don’t think Alcoa beats Oakland.  But to answer your question I like the 10 team better. 

Didn't mean to be misleading. But its still a true statement. Maryville beat Oakland this year. Oakland then Beat Maryville without Tee Hodge and on a horrible field.

I respect your opinion but looking at what happened on the field, Maryville beat Oakland at Maryville. Alcoa won at Maryville, Alcoa came through in the almost exact situation when Oakland failed.

Again, its all fun speculation to fill the off season. The 2010 team is tough to argue with.

I did not get to see the 2010 Alcoa team in person. However I did see 2009 up close and personal. The defense was devastating. Milan was 14-0 that year and destroyed everyone they played. Many believe that was the best Milan team to ever take the field talent wise. There were 5 kids on that team that went on to play D1 ball and several others that received schollys to play college ball at lower levels. As a comparison this years Greeneville team has 5 kids going to play D1 ball. Alcoa won 21-0. We had 152 total yards. Didn’t sniff the end zone.  In my humble opinion 2009 was better than this year. 

33 minutes ago, scots50 said:

2009 and 2010 are the best. All others trail these two years. Of course, I am heavily biased! 

24 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I did not get to see the 2010 Alcoa team in person. However I did see 2009 up close and personal. The defense was devastating. Milan was 14-0 that year and destroyed everyone they played. Many believe that was the best Milan team to ever take the field talent wise. There were 5 kids on that team that went on to play D1 ball and several others that received schollys to play college ball at lower levels. As a comparison this years Greeneville team has 5 kids going to play D1 ball. Alcoa won 21-0. We had 152 total yards. Didn’t sniff the end zone.  In my humble opinion 2009 was better than this year. 

2018 may have had a slight edge in overall depth and QB play but its Hard to argue with either 2009 or 2010 being the best.

Edited by 32hammer

15 hours ago, STARSNBARS said:

Fellers eye wood say inn my minny minny yeers ov watchin Alcoee.....Eye wood say tha '89 and tha '10 teems wuz tha best....jmo.....

Murry Christmas two Littull E and tha Goons.....:popcorneater:

Image result for little enos burdette

Solid opinion Starz. Now here's one for you, "Best Maryville team?" Which one you got? Go strong my friend.

09 teams went on the road and beat a very good Bell Co. KY team, then, the next week, beat Maryville without completing a forward pass. 

Beat undefeated Elizabethton, CAK twice with the base of the team that would knock off Alcoa two years later. Shut out Milan in the Championship game, and Jaron Toney scored 50+ touchdowns. 

The 2010 team beat Middlesboro and had to have a miracle play on 4th and 12 to basically upset Murvil on Broadway. 

2009 to me is a clear cut above 2010, 2018. 

89 would be my choice as next best because of the caliber of players they had and the fact that there were only three classes back then and the beat BA. 

Lock the thread. 

Edited by JohnnyLawrence
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, 32hammer said:

Solid opinion Starz. Now here's one for you, "Best Maryville team?" Which one you got? Go strong my friend.

32h thait iz a tuffin'

Frum a pure fizzycull staindpoint tha '70, '98, '05 and '11 teems cood jist empose thair weal on yee and maik ewe like hit....All thes teems haid size and goodur skill

Frum a pure exxycewshun staindpoint ewe wood haiv two say '78, '02 and '13....Thes teems cood maik biggur teems look averige becaws thay exxycuted att such a hi levull

Sarry eye coodun't braik hit down ennymoore....and eye'm shore eye'm leafin sum goodur teems out.....:popcorneater:

Edited by STARSNBARS

13 hours ago, JohnnyLawrence said:

09 teams went on the road and beat a very good Bell Co. KY team, then, the next week, beat Maryville without completing a forward pass. 

Beat undefeated Elizabethton, CAK twice with the base of the team that would knock off Alcoa two years later. Shut out Milan in the Championship game, and Jaron Toney scored 50+ touchdowns. 

The 2010 team beat Middlesboro and had to have a miracle play on 4th and 12 to basically upset Murvil on Broadway. 

2009 to me is a clear cut above 2010, 2018. 

89 would be my choice as next best because of the caliber of players they had and the fact that there were only three classes back then and the beat BA. 

Lock the thread. 

Apparently you forgot the 1954 Alcoa team that won all their games and beat Kingsport D-B back when they were a force to be dealt with instead of a band school like today 8-7 in the season final. At the time this was also considered the best team in the state just like this years team and was part of a 29 game winning streak. Alcoa dominated most of the 50's in Blount County when Bailey was there as head coach.