How does this year's Alcoa team rank all time?

32hammer

All the teams mentioned, were great teams. I think the things that really stand as strengths of the 2018 team are depth and balance. 

2018- Mr Football at qb. 3 gamebreaking TBs, 2 power FBs. 2 explosive WRs that didnt have to play D. Talented and deep OL that only had 1 player on the 2 deep that played any time on D. 

On D, they had 4 senior D lineman( 2 that might make All state) as well as a soph that was preseason All state. At LB that 2 seniors that both made all region and a soph that may be preseason all state in 19. The DBs are crazy athletic.

Srs, Jrs and Soph class all have stars, and no one had to start on both sides of the ball. 

On 12/10/2018 at 9:17 AM, BCsportsfan said:

Hard for me to compare `2000 and up to the older teams? Mainly because those teams did not have as many players. They defiantly did talent wise, but 35 players vs 85 players?

Personally I think you have a lot better coaching staff all the way through then the older teams had. Also weight room, who ever is in charge of that does an excellent job.

19 hours ago, 32hammer said:

All the teams mentioned, were great teams. I think the things that really stand as strengths of the 2018 team are depth and balance. 

2018- Mr Football at qb. 3 gamebreaking TBs, 2 power FBs. 2 explosive WRs that didnt have to play D. Talented and deep OL that only had 1 player on the 2 deep that played any time on D. 

On D, they had 4 senior D lineman( 2 that might make All state) as well as a soph that was preseason All state. At LB that 2 seniors that both made all region and a soph that may be preseason all state in 19. The DBs are crazy athletic.

Srs, Jrs and Soph class all have stars, and no one had to start on both sides of the ball. 

I would have voted the 2018 Team higher, had the Offensive balance used at the beginning of the season been used thru out the playoffs.............

4 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

I would have voted the 2018 Team higher, had the Offensive balance used at the beginning of the season been used thru out the playoffs.............

I could tell reading a few things early that the folks were getting a little aggravated about that .That was what I was thinking about with some of the more dominate Alcoa teams that just killed everyone in the playoffs.Still a great year and yet another gold ball.There might be a school or two around the state that would have traded their results with Alcoa's.:thumb:

Edited by BatmanDevil

5 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

Weight room improvements started with Coach John Reid, and has continued with Coach Brian Nix.

If I had to pick two teams in Tennessee that make vast improvements in the weight room in the off season would be Alcoa and Greeneville. It don't take a rocket scientist to set and figure that one out. Both school are taking decent size kids and turning out Lumber Jacks. 

5 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

If I had to pick two teams in Tennessee that make vast improvements in the weight room in the off season would be Alcoa and Greeneville. It don't take a rocket scientist to set and figure that one out. Both school are taking decent size kids and turning out Lumber Jacks. 

Yep,this was me when it came to the DB weight program a few years agoImage result for beat dead horse

On 12/7/2018 at 3:42 PM, 32hammer said:

Discussion on another thread led me to thinking about how good this years  team was. 

This is what Alcoa did on the field this year.

Undefeated .

Only allowed one team to score more than 17 points

1st team to win at Maryville in 76 games ( since 2010)

Outscored region 299-8.

1st 3A team to defeat the defending state champion in the states largest classification

6 regular season shutouts. 8 shutouts including playoffs.

Beat the team that beat the 6A state champs.

#24 ranked team in the nation and I believe the #1 ranked public school  team with under 700 students in the nation. ( still working on confirming the 2nd part) 

How does this team compare with '89, '09. '10  etc?

Little misleading to say they beat the team that beat the 6Astate champ when the 6A state champ also beat Maryville in a blowout when it mattered most. Watching both State title games I don’t think Alcoa beats Oakland.  But to answer your question I like the 10 team better. 

Edited by Spartan4Life