How does this year's Alcoa team rank all time?

32hammer

11 hours ago, STARSNBARS said:

32h thait iz a tuffin'

Frum a pure fizzycull staindpoint tha '70, '98, '05 and '11 teems cood jist empose thair weal on yee and maik ewe like hit....All thes teems haid size and goodur skill

Frum a pure exxycewshun staindpoint ewe wood haiv two say '78, '02 and '13....Thes teems cood maik biggur teems look averige becaws thay exxycuted att such a hi levull

Sarry eye coodun't braik hit down ennymoore....and eye'm shore eye'm leafin sum goodur teems out.....:popcorneater:

13 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Apparently you forgot the 1954 Alcoa team that won all their games and beat Kingsport D-B back when they were a force to be dealt with instead of a band school like today 8-7 in the season final. At the time this was also considered the best team in the state just like this years team and was part of a 29 game winning streak. Alcoa dominated most of the 50's in Blount County when Bailey was there as head coach.

Great breakdown and info. Here's one for you, best Maryville team to not win it all?

84- TJ miles, Hodge,etc, 86- Lee, Wally, Michael B. and tough soph class. , or 79, 97 , etc?

14 hours ago, JohnnyLawrence said:

09 teams went on the road and beat a very good Bell Co. KY team, then, the next week, beat Maryville without completing a forward pass. 

Beat undefeated Elizabethton, CAK twice with the base of the team that would knock off Alcoa two years later. Shut out Milan in the Championship game, and Jaron Toney scored 50+ touchdowns. 

The 2010 team beat Middlesboro and had to have a miracle play on 4th and 12 to basically upset Murvil on Broadway. 

2009 to me is a clear cut above 2010, 2018. 

89 would be my choice as next best because of the caliber of players they had and the fact that there were only three classes back then and the beat BA. 

Lock the thread. 

Strong . The closest game the 09 team had was a 17 point win vs Maryville and as you stated they played some very good teams.

Jist frum lookin att tham eye wood say 2009 and 2010 vurry vurry vurry eekwull......Eye wood trust scots 50 's opinyun on thes teems...:popcorneater:

Tha '84 Mairvul teem wuz awful good....Loosin' Troy Hodge Sr inn tha laist gaim rilly hert thair chainces.....He wuz thair hoam run threat....evun tho Allen Fine and Jimbo Henderson wur vurry good baicks.....:thumb:

A better way to title this debate would have been:

Rank those Championship Teams 1-13.  

If not for 2011, 2012, and 2014 in highly competitive games Alcoa could have 15 consecutive State Championships.  At the end of the day they definitely got the better of CAK and CPA though in the head to head matchups.  

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 7:05 PM, howdoitknow said:

2018-3

2017-9

2016-12

2015-4

2013-7

2010-2

2009-1

2008-6

2007-10

2006-11

2005-8

2004-13

2000-5

If not for 2011, 2012, and 2014 in highly competitive games Alcoa could have 15 consecutive State Championships.  At the end of the day they definitely got the better of CAK and CPA though in the head to head matchups.  

Great question. Here is my 1st attempt at it based on not only my opinion but also those of some folks I respect. Be interesting to here what others think.

On 12/23/2018 at 7:32 PM, REBELRON said:

2009 and 2010 were Alcoa's best teams. 2018 is the next  best. 

If we are talking about all time best teams. In my opinion the 89 was the best. That team had 3 or 4 players better than anyone else on the 09 or 10 teams. Shannon Mitchell, Billy Williams and Jamie Henry’s don’t come around very often. If Jamie Henry could have stayed healthy he could have been the best out of the 3. IMO. Not trying to take anything away from the 09 or 10 teams. My nephew played on the line on both of those teams. 09 was probably are 2nd best team. Did the 09 and 10 teams have better depth? Probably but they would not have been able to run it at will on the 89 team. Our linebackers were Shannon Mitchell (Georgia) Jamie Henry(UT) and Chad Smith(MTSU). There’s not a team in the state this year with better linebackers than that. The 88 team would be in my top 6 or 7 best teams even though they were 14-1. They lost to a great BA team in the Championship game. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/24/2018 at 7:05 PM, howdoitknow said:

and the fact u refuse to rank either the 11, 12,  14 group of tinheads just cause they didnt get to add one of them gold balls to Aliminum Citys case.....dont mean they dont b rankin in that list of 13 championship teams......Booger ant totally sure.....but he bettin a bunch those 12 7 14 teams beat some of those others....and possibly the 11 team which look like crap on paper even nocks 1 or 2 of them....

......if Booger recallin correctly that 12 sent out bout 25 ball players to saturday play.....tho 7 or 8 of 'em went down the street to become Scotts.....didnt yall have a pretty darn decent RB yall recruited from Somolia, libya or yemen that played that then....

....and Booger ant jokin when he sayin that Alcoa 14 team was freaky good...tho it may have fallen just a tiny bit shy on the defensive side compared to a few of your others.....ND had without question its best team in its 120 year history...and yall manage to escape with a win in that one...and those presyterians u lost to the next week cause rankin had to run tysons legs to death in order to beat the Irish....may have been those presbyterians best team of all time, to include this year...with players that year going to Ohio, thinkin 2 to Missouri, Vandy, UTC, Furman and another lineman who name skips me that was player of the year....cant member where he went....

....that was a great team....but u want own them cause yall measure it all on a trophy.....Booger bettin that sum of those more leveler thinkin Goons would agree

Booger just sayin :mrgreen: