Injury win question

cougars130

14 minutes ago, Bump11 said:

If a wrestler is injured with an illegal move and cannot continue, they win. If the cause is not an illegal move, then the other kid wins. 

If the ref stops a match due to injury and never gives an illegal call after stopping the match and the kid is no longer able to wrestle can the ref change the call after? 

2 minutes ago, cougars130 said:

If the ref stops a match due to injury and never gives an illegal call after stopping the match and the kid is no longer able to wrestle can the ref change the call after? 

Good question.  I feel like if a call is made on the mat then that’s what it should be. But I have also seen them change the call after. If a call was never made and injury time was given, technically a call still needs to be made and would be at the refs discretion. I’d say @reftn would probably know more. 

8 minutes ago, Bump11 said:

Good question.  I feel like if a call is made on the mat then that’s what it should be. But I have also seen them change the call after. If a call was never made and injury time was given, technically a call still needs to be made and would be at the refs discretion. I’d say @reftn would probably know more. 

Reftn passed away this pass year. Sorry we will not get to see his words of wisdom anymore. 

• Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Bump11 said:

If injury time is given and no call is made what is an alternate call besides illegal move could be given? 

I’d love to share the video and get your input of what happened and you look at it from both sides of the match. 

I personally feel the ref was pretty new to calling matches and was kinda guided by the opposing coach to say it was an illegal move. 

But I say it was and injury based on tough wrestling and it was just too much for the other wrestler. 

1 hour ago, cougars130 said:

If injury time is given and no call is made what is an alternate call besides illegal move could be given? 

I’d love to share the video and get your input of what happened and you look at it from both sides of the match. 

I personally feel the ref was pretty new to calling matches and was kinda guided by the opposing coach to say it was an illegal move. 

But I say it was and injury based on tough wrestling and it was just too much for the other wrestler. 

If injury time is given, the only way the injured kid can get his hand raised is if he cannot continue and the injury comes as a result of something illegal. If it’s just from hard tough wrestling, and no illegal moves, holds, slams, etc...then the other kid would win by injury default. The injured kid can’t win if it’s just a random injury. Obviously I’d need to see what happened to make anything more than an indirect opinion. But those are the rules when it comes to injury defaults. Sure would be sad if the call came from the opposing coach being in the refs war. What tourney are you at? Are the matches streamed at all?

4 hours ago, Bump11 said:

If injury time is given, the only way the injured kid can get his hand raised is if he cannot continue and the injury comes as a result of something illegal. If it’s just from hard tough wrestling, and no illegal moves, holds, slams, etc...then the other kid would win by injury default. The injured kid can’t win if it’s just a random injury. Obviously I’d need to see what happened to make anything more than an indirect opinion. But those are the rules when it comes to injury defaults. Sure would be sad if the call came from the opposing coach being in the refs war. What tourney are you at? Are the matches streamed at all?

The tournament was not streamed at all and I don’t want to blast coach or wrestler either. 

The issue is there was no illegal move called that stopped the match the wrestler kinda shouted in pain while on Bottom after the top wrestler was going for a strong power half and missed the target area supposedly hitting the neck area but on film it is completely not near the neck and then after the ref called for injury time the coach then said something to the ref and then a few moments went and the ref raised the injured wrestlers arm. 

1 hour ago, DAKEKO said:

If injury time was given then no illegal moved was called. Kid goes into recovery time if he is Injured due to an illegal move. If he cannot continue after 2 mins of recovery time, he is then awarded the match.

No illegal move was called after stoppage of the match then after a few minutes the ref raised the injured wrestlers arm without giving an explanation.