Injury win question

cougars130

1 hour ago, cougars130 said:

So my question would be if no illegal move is called for the stoppage of the match before injury time is given can the ref change it to illegal move and reward the win to the injured wrestler? 

If original call was injury time and no illegal move call, then the injured wrestler should not have won. I don’t believe you can make a call for no illegal move and give injury time, and then after the fact, say illegal move. The call on the mat has to stand without any sort of video review. Which we don’t have. So in this case, I’d say very confidently that the injured kid should not have won and the ref made a huge mistake and an ill advised call to award him the match

Edited by Bump11

21 hours ago, cougars130 said:

If the ref stops a match due to injury and never gives an illegal call after stopping the match and the kid is no longer able to wrestle can the ref change the call after? 

No.  If the official stops the match the proper official mechanics are to award one (1) point for illegal maneuver immediately if they are going to award a point and begin the 2 minutes of recovery time.  If the wrestler is not able to continue he/she shall be awarded the victory.  If the wrestler is injured but no illegal move took place the official shall stop the match, not award any points, and begin injury time of two (2) minutes.  If the wrestler is not able to continue after the injury time expires his opponent shall be declared the winner.  With all of this being said I have watched officials allow the coach to talk them into making the call an illegal move and not an illegal move during the recovery/injury time but that is not the way it should be called.

• Thanks 1

On 12/8/2018 at 10:14 PM, cougars130 said:

So my question would be if no illegal move is called for the stoppage of the match before injury time is given can the ref change it to illegal move and reward the win to the injured wrestler? 

Did the opposing coach question the hand of the injured wrestler being raised for the win?

On 12/9/2018 at 12:43 PM, cbg said:

No.  If the official stops the match the proper official mechanics are to award one (1) point for illegal maneuver immediately if they are going to award a point and begin the 2 minutes of recovery time.  If the wrestler is not able to continue he/she shall be awarded the victory.  If the wrestler is injured but no illegal move took place the official shall stop the match, not award any points, and begin injury time of two (2) minutes.  If the wrestler is not able to continue after the injury time expires his opponent shall be declared the winner.  With all of this being said I have watched officials allow the coach to talk them into making the call an illegal move and not an illegal move during the recovery/injury time but that is not the way it should be called.

Everything is correct except for the injury time. It is only 1 1/2 minutes of injury time. 

1 hour ago, cougars130 said:

The ref was new and in a hurry to start the next match to be honest it was a girls match and the girls tournament was poorly operated very disappointing though. 

Well without all of the information it's hard to say what was called or what should have been called. Only the coaches involved and the official know what call was recorded and if you asked each one of them, no guarantee all the stories will match:roll:

2 hours ago, DAKEKO said:

Well without all of the information it's hard to say what was called or what should have been called. Only the coaches involved and the official know what call was recorded and if you asked each one of them, no guarantee all the stories will match:roll:

Well I have the match recorded to show what the ref did Pryor to ending the match.

15 hours ago, cougars130 said:

I just don’t want to blast school or wrestlers on the page to me it’s for learning purposes is the only reason I want to post it

Idk if this is your child's school/team. Or just someone that you know that had the experience but If it's your coach, my suggestion would be to just ask him what call was recorded in the official scorebook. I can tell you that mistakes happen and its unfortunate but everyone involved coaches ,athletes, parents and officials are all doing their very best to make the best choices for the sport. If there was a mistake that was made in this particular match, I'm  sure it wasnt on purpose. No ones perfect tho we'd all like to be a close to as we can get right?:rolleyes:

Edited by DAKEKO