are the 2018 Devils the best in school history?

BVDevil

2 hours ago, BVDevil said:

debate it here and while you're thinking about your argument, watch this 

Not much to think about..... yes (based on 50 years of playing against the Devils, coaching against the Devils, coaching the Devils, principalling the Devils and the most fun.... observing the Devils from a far the last 11 years.

Edited by noonesfool

2 hours ago, BVDevil said:

debate it here and while you're thinking about your argument, watch this 

I don't know how you can't say it's  atleast one of the best if not the best.Hard to line up teams from different years but Greeneville has had some very good teams over the years.Go back in the day when there wasn't as many classes and you find a few teams  that were tough.Easy to zoom in on the four championship teams and then take a good look at the  2010 year with all those points and this year with a team that could without question line up and beat any high school team in the state on any given night.I hate to take anything away from many great Devil seasons and great players over the years,but I'll say this is without a doubt one of the best teams I've watched and one of the most dominate compared to all other state teams during that given year as well.

22 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

I don't know how you can't say it's  atleast one of the best if not the best.Hard to line up teams from different years but Greeneville has had some very good teams over the years.Go back in the day when there wasn't as many classes and you find a few teams  that were tough.Easy to zoom in on the four championship teams and then take a good look at the  2010 year with all those points and this year with a team that could without question line up and beat any high school team in the state on any given night.I hate to take anything away from many great Devil seasons and great players over the years,but I'll say this is without a doubt one of the best teams I've watched and one of the most dominate compared to all other state teams during that given year as well.

Frankie Debusk's Junior Senior teams were awesome at the skilled positions, but we were whipped up front. We started a 145lb. Wrestler at left guard and a 165 lb. left tackle who played reciever the year before.

Moon was a great HS qb, but we lacked other skilled players, but man did we have the linemen on bothsides of the ball. We were slow (not Moon).

During much of the great backs era we often did not have a great QB and we were hit and miss up front. But we won. Thank you Bill Svette, Hilton Jackson, Brigham Lyons, Dustin Moore, and the Gillespies.

I will save some thoughts on a team that could have been ranked almost with this years squad a little bit later.

Edited by noonesfool

5 hours ago, noonesfool said:

Frankie Debusk's Junior Senior teams were awesome at the skilled positions, but we were whipped up front. We started a 145lb. Wrestler at left guard and a 165 lb. left tackle who played reciever the year before.

Moon was a great HS qb, but we lacked other skilled players, but man did we have the linemen on bothsides of the ball. We were slow (not Moon).

During much of the great backs era we often did not have a great QB and we were hit and miss up front. But we won. Thank you Bill Svette, Hilton Jackson, Brigham Lyons, Story, and the Gillespies.

I will save some thoughts on a team that could have been ranked almost with this years squad a little bit later.

one kid from the 2010 team had a good argument on who would win between them and this team.....he made some very valid points, but im going with this team....too many great HS players to go along with a handful of potentially great college players

8 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Being a Maryville fan it sure was great to see you guys have a season like you all had this year. One of the best QB's I have ever seen in my life.

It was a special group and to think I had to pull against them when they were in the 7th grade on the football field and wrestling mat.Hope cousin forgives me for that one.I have liked watching Maryville for years except when they had to take care of business and it was mine or one of my kids team.Until the last several years,we have not had anything close to what you guys have in NET.I'm just glad it was my school that could finally put a team on the field that could be compared to that greatness atleast for a year.

I believe it's this year's team. 1st And 2010 2nd. The 2010 team was a great team with a really good defense and a great offense as well. But they were in a war at Maplewood in the semi finals 14-7 in the 4th when they went on that gut check drive that took most of the 4th quarter up and lead to a field goal and a 17-7 win. I think this year's team was never challenged in that way. Now you can say different competition and I could not argue the 2010 Maplewood team was better than the 2018 team. But Haywood was better than tresvant and Anderson county was better than the 2010 Fulton team so that kind of level's it out on the competition they both have. And I know everyone talks about how many points the 2010 team scored on offense that year. Well if you go look it up after the championship game this year. The 2018 team scored more points for the season. I don't want to take anything away from the 2010 team though they were GREAT and very fun to watch. If you really broke it down by position it would be difficult defensively Secondary 2010, linebacker's I can't choose LoL to close to call I mean ty youngblood or BJ Spradlin plus the other guy's I mean come on I can't choose. D line close but I go with 2010 special team's 2010 great Kicker and Willie Carmichael returning Kicks. But I think this year's offense is the difference. Offensive line 2018, wide receivers 2018, running backs 2018 in a close one the combination of back's this year's team had was awesome and then finally Quarterback Willie Carmichael was a tremendous football player and he could do it all but Cade Ballard is the Difference He is the Greatest Football Player that has ever played at Greeneville High School and I don't say that lightly I've been going to games for almost 40 year's and I've seen some great ones Andy moon, Dustin Moore, Frankie debusk, Marty story,Desmond dabbs, turtle, Brigham and Willie and so many more but statistically speaking leadership wise none better plus his will to win is unmatched it is close between those 2 teams but Ballard is the Difference I mean how could you pick against him it's like picking against Brady or Manning

11 hours ago, Greendevil87 said:

I believe it's this year's team. 1st And 2010 2nd. The 2010 team was a great team with a really good defense and a great offense as well. But they were in a war at Maplewood in the semi finals 14-7 in the 4th when they went on that gut check drive that took most of the 4th quarter up and lead to a field goal and a 17-7 win. I think this year's team was never challenged in that way. Now you can say different competition and I could not argue the 2010 Maplewood team was better than the 2018 team. But Haywood was better than tresvant and Anderson county was better than the 2010 Fulton team so that kind of level's it out on the competition they both have. And I know everyone talks about how many points the 2010 team scored on offense that year. Well if you go look it up after the championship game this year. The 2018 team scored more points for the season. I don't want to take anything away from the 2010 team though they were GREAT and very fun to watch. If you really broke it down by position it would be difficult defensively Secondary 2010, linebacker's I can't choose LoL to close to call I mean ty youngblood or BJ Spradlin plus the other guy's I mean come on I can't choose. D line close but I go with 2010 special team's 2010 great Kicker and Willie Carmichael returning Kicks. But I think this year's offense is the difference. Offensive line 2018, wide receivers 2018, running backs 2018 in a close one the combination of back's this year's team had was awesome and then finally Quarterback Willie Carmichael was a tremendous football player and he could do it all but Cade Ballard is the Difference He is the Greatest Football Player that has ever played at Greeneville High School and I don't say that lightly I've been going to games for almost 40 year's and I've seen some great ones Andy moon, Dustin Moore, Frankie debusk, Marty story,Desmond dabbs, turtle, Brigham and Willie and so many more but statistically speaking leadership wise none better plus his will to win is unmatched it is close between those 2 teams but Ballard is the Difference I mean how could you pick against him it's like picking against Brady or Manning

2011 was better than 2010 though.

2 hours ago, WoodlawnFalcons said:

2011 was better than 2010 though.

I would say this year team was the Best but the 2010 team was better than 2011.  A lot of Starters on 2011 started or played on the 2010.  It's hard to replace BJ at RB and Willie at QB (Thats not a knock on Tanner "The Tank" either).  In your opinion what Positions was the 2011 team better than the 2010 team?  2011 also had a loss to MW who got drilled in the Quarter Finals.