BEECH INVITATIONAL

werazzlin

Going to be a great weekend of wrestling. Here is a list of teams alphabetically. 

Beech

Boyle Co. KY

Brentwood

Centennial

Collins Hill Ga.

Dobbyns Bennett

Ft Campbell Ky.

Friendship 

Greenbrier

Harpeth

Hendersonville

Northwest

MBA

Rossview

Spring Hill

Springfield

Summit

West Creek

Wilson Central

Edited by werazzlin

20 minutes ago, RMC said:

Collins Hill has some tough kids:

Powell Gilbert, Joey Felix, Lucas DeSilva, Cody Hutchison, Clint Gilbert, Elijah Griffin, Fredrick Carson 

Collins Hill does have some good kids but nothing compared to many of the past Collins Hill teams that were producing numerous NCAA D1 wrestlers.  What's amazing to me is how in Georgia one team will be on top for a few years and then all the talent will begin to show up at a school just down the street.  Why is it that way in Georgia?

CH has a couple of kids on par with the D1 kids of the past......and I'd say they are on their way back.  They've got a new coach this year from Michigan that brought a career record of 516-94. The numbers are back, not only in the HS room, but the younger kids too.  

I'd love to get my daughter's school up to TN, like my son's old CH teams.  Buford is really tough; the coach started at Parkview, then started the Archer program, and hopefully is at Buford to stay.  

One of the reason you don't see teams,in GA, like Cleveland or Bradley, is the exponential growth and the new schools popping up.  The tenured teachers and coaches move to those new school.....with better facilities...and most of the time a better student population.  Since I've been in Suwanee (1996), I'd conservatively guess there have been 15 AAAAAAA schools built in a 15 mile radius of my home.  I guess the Nashville area is seeing that same kind of growth.  

And CBG, I know you're an old timer........please pass on we need prayers for former Collins Hill Coach Ramos and his battle against pancreatic cancer.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RMC said:

CH has a couple of kids on par with the D1 kids of the past......and I'd say they are on their way back.  They've got a new coach this year from Michigan that brought a career record of 516-94. The numbers are back, not only in the HS room, but the younger kids too.  

I'd love to get my daughter's school up to TN, like my son's old CH teams.  Buford is really tough; the coach started at Parkview, then started the Archer program, and hopefully is at Buford to stay.  

One of the reason you don't see teams,in GA, like Cleveland or Bradley, is the exponential growth and the new schools popping up.  The tenured teachers and coaches move to those new school.....with better facilities...and most of the time a better student population.  Since I've been in Suwanee (1996), I'd conservatively guess there have been 15 AAAAAAA schools built in a 15 mile radius of my home.  I guess the Nashville area is seeing that same kind of growth.  

And CBG, I know you're an old timer........please pass on we need prayers for former Collins Hill Coach Ramos and his battle against pancreatic cancer.  

Prayers for Coach Ramos!  He did a great job at Collins Hill.

Nashville is seeing rapid growth and some are saying that if it continues at this pace it will reach where Atlanta is (2018) now in 10 or 15 years but who knows.  What Nashville needs is a new mayor, new school board and a new director of schools.  Metro Nashville Public Schools is a total disaster that must be fixed immediately but no one wants to address and fix the multiple problems.

• Like 1