Trousdale County Football 2019

Cam615

56 minutes ago, RTD said:

I disagree with you. Coach Satt develops all that talent that Creasy won with at TC. Creasy is a great coach but coach Satt is a hall of fame and Creasy still runs Coach Satt offense.

Creasy is HoF as well.  He did more in a shorter amount of time.  He is a great coach.  Satterfield is good too now don’t get me wrong.  

11 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

Creasy is HoF as well.  He did more in a shorter amount of time.  He is a great coach.  Satterfield is good too now don’t get me wrong.  

I am a big  Coach Creasy fan. Now do I think he got a little help with  talented transfers at Oakland ? Yes. 

Did he walk into talent at Trousdale? Yes. But he handled the pressure well and produced. Do not forget we had to play privates in our region.

I think Creasy is a great x's and o's guy, among the best in the state. I'm not taking anything away from Creasy what so ever. However, if you are teaching technique, blocking and tackling, you can't compare him to Coach Clint. He was a perfectionist when it came to the smallest details. There is a lot that has to happen before you get to Friday night and calling the plays. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 4thandGoal said:

I think Creasy is a great x's and o's guy, among the best in the state. I'm not taking anything away from Creasy what so ever. However, if you are teaching technique, blocking and tackling, you can't compare him to Coach Clint. He was a perfectionist when it came to the smallest details. There is a lot that has to happen before you get to Friday night and calling the plays. 

All the older coaches were great at that part of the game especially in the small schools.If we didnt play solid fundamental ball you got beat up pretty good and we couldnt afford to have our big time players missing games for injuries because most played both ways.Its amazing to me how many injuries we get now as a whole.I think alot of it goes back to just good solid coaching.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, orngnblk said:

All the older coaches were great at that part of the game especially in the small schools.If we didnt play solid fundamental ball you got beat up pretty good and we couldnt afford to have our big time players missing games for injuries because most played both ways.Its amazing to me how many injuries we get now as a whole.I think alot of it goes back to just good solid coaching.

Great post. You are absolutely right. You see small schools with marginal talent winning games because they teach fundamentals. Eventually they run up against teams that are so talent rich that they can't overcome the talent deficit. 

On 7/11/2019 at 5:31 PM, GWAVE1 said:

You are correct he is a great coach in his own right.  You can't go wrong either way you go. Creasy is a future HOF as well I winder him many schools have had two HOF coaches back to back?

13 hours ago, RTD said:

You are correct he is a great coach in his own right.  You can't go wrong either way you go. Creasy is a future HOF as well I winder him many schools have had two HOF coaches back to back?

We have had two Hall of Fame coaches at Trousdale County so far. Jim B. Satterfield was inducted in 1987 and Clint Satterfield was inducted in 2016. Both well deserved. Assuming Creasy will be that would be three.  

To add a little history... Coach Jim B. won a AA state championship in 1972 and lost in the state championship in 73, 74, and 75. He finished his career with a 247 -58 record.  He was also one of the more successful basketball coaches in TC history.

It is my opinion that many of the good people of this county don't appreciate the impression this man had on not only the football program but on the school system in general. I always knew him to be a firm but fair man that had a genuine care for his players and the employees of the schools system.

Edited by 4thandGoal
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, 4thandGoal said:

We have had two Hall of Fame coaches at Trousdale County so far. Jim B. Satterfield was inducted in 1987 and Clint Satterfield was inducted in 2016. Both well deserved. Assuming Creasy will be that would be three.  

To add a little history... Coach Jim B. won a AA state championship in 1972 and lost in the state championship in 73, 74, and 75. He finished his career with a 247 -58 record.  He was also one of the more successful basketball coaches in TC history.

It is my opinion that many of the good people of this county don't appreciate the impression this man had on not only the football program but on the school system in general. I always knew him to be a firm but fair man that had a genuine care for his players and the employees of the schools system.

I forgot about Jim B. Well I will rephrase that question has any school had 3 HOF head coaches in a row besides from TC.