Trousdale County Football 2019

Cam615

13 minutes ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

Why get players hurt?

Oakland played RePublic last year just to fill an open slot. It broke the momentum that RePublic was building and injured players. They got destroyed and their fans said that the Oakland players were throwing cheap shots right and left and classless . There was no win there for Oakland because they lost alot of support from 1a and 2a schools that had been rootin for Creasy. 

Didn't know this.  Wow.

14 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

^ I knew RePublic played Oakland but never understood why. 

They had to play many upper classifications to fill out their schedule. I remember they did not even have a coach until close to the season starting. So not practicing and then having to play the schedule from h#ll.

They lost to Oakland 70-8 and had to play at Oakland to make it worse. 

3 minutes ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

They had to play many upper classifications to fill out their schedule. I remember they did not even have a coach until close to the season starting. So not practicing and then having to play the schedule from h#ll.

They lost to Oakland 70-8 and had to play at Oakland to make it worse. 

I believe RePublic is 3A now.  

They went 2-4 in 1A region 4 play last year. They held their own against regional opponents. 

On 6/26/2019 at 7:11 AM, Imthayeti said:

They would enjoy it, although not many would be willing to make the drive I bet. Love to have them though.

A few might show up.  You never know.  If they can get past the quarters and will most likely be the favorites to do so, not only will they see a good game but also the odds on favorite future semifinal opponent where the semifinal most likely will be hosted.  

31 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

A few might show up.  You never know.  If they can get past the quarters and will most likely be the favorites to do so, not only will they see a good game but also the odds on favorite future semifinal opponent where the semifinal most likely will be hosted.  

I pretty much knew we would be facing Trousdale when I went to see them play. Unless they just want to watch a competitive football game I couldn't see them coming, they already saw us play once.

3 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

I pretty much knew we would be facing Trousdale when I went to see them play. Unless they just want to watch a competitive football game I couldn't see them coming, they already saw us play once.

They saw yall last year.  It's a new year.

If Trousdale has week 2 open and by all indications they will, I can almost assuredly say there will be Trousdale folks at the game.

I just can't see some ( coaches included ) passing up this opportunity. 

7 hours ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

Why get players hurt?

Oakland played RePublic last year just to fill an open slot. It broke the momentum that RePublic was building and injured players. They got destroyed and their fans said that the Oakland players were throwing cheap shots right and left and classless . There was no win there for Oakland because they lost alot of support from 1a and 2a schools that had been rootin for Creasy. 

I agree with you I rather have just 9 games than play Oakland and get mercy ruled. I don’t even remember the last time TC has been mercy ruled.