Trousdale County Football 2019

Cam615

2 hours ago, jimb1972 said:

Somewhat weaker schedule, we need 1 really strong team to prepare for playoffs! Region will be down next year, IMO!

GO JACKETS!

I agree that the schedule appears weak. I would like to see a difficult team thrown in the mix but those seem hard to find due to travel or TC just being too small of a school and it doesn't make sense for the big school to play (most likely the reasons for Gallatin and Lebanon both ending their deals at 2 games each). May be worth reaching out to more privates, JPII, CPA, DCA, FRA, Nashville Christian, Middle TN Christian or Station Camp (we scrimmage them on a regular basis) or look to Dobbs and Moore Co or Woodmore and Scotts Hill. I like some of these match-ups better than others just because it brings back some old school rivalries. The next option would be to venture outside the state to KY, AL or GA. Wonder if Waggoner could talk one of his old schools down south into playing?

I heard that Alex Ford has already been ruled out for his Jr. Year after his knee injury against Peabody. Say it ain't so, Joe?

4 hours ago, TCRadio said:

Upperman said no, BGA game still a slight possibility but unlikely at the moment. 

Really Upperman had a great season this year I thought they would play us. I wish TC can come up with a big game for next years like a whitwell or Lebanon type of game. So I take it that Smith said no. Do you have a clue who else is being considered besides from BGA?

19 minutes ago, BCB~MVP said:

I agree that the schedule appears weak. I would like to see a difficult team thrown in the mix but those seem hard to find due to travel or TC just being too small of a school and it doesn't make sense for the big school to play (most likely the reasons for Gallatin and Lebanon both ending their deals at 2 games each). May be worth reaching out to more privates, JPII, CPA, DCA, FRA, Nashville Christian, Middle TN Christian or Station Camp (we scrimmage them on a regular basis) or look to Dobbs and Moore Co or Woodmore and Scotts Hill. I like some of these match-ups better than others just because it brings back some old school rivalries. The next option would be to venture outside the state to KY, AL or GA. Wonder if Waggoner could talk one of his old schools down south into playing?

I heard that Alex Ford has already been ruled out for his Jr. Year after his knee injury against Peabody. Say it ain't so, Joe?

I like the idea of going out of state to find a game. I also like all the private schools you mentioned especially in CPA. On the other hand, DCA isn't a good team right now I think they just won 2 games this season I may be wrong. 

19 hours ago, RTD said:

Really Upperman had a great season this year I thought they would play us. I wish TC can come up with a big game for next years like a whitwell or Lebanon type of game. So I take it that Smith said no. Do you have a clue who else is being considered besides from BGA?

I know he has called a lot of people and another team that was mentioned that may would want to play us but they would have to pay us would be Ensworth. I think the BGA game could happen but it would be awesome to get a kicker (money) out of the deal, whitehaven evidently is getting 8K to go play at Brentwood Academy. 

2 hours ago, TCRadio said:

I know he has called a lot of people and another team that was mentioned that may would want to play us but they would have to pay us would be Ensworth. I think the BGA game could happen but it would be awesome to get a kicker (money) out of the deal, whitehaven evidently is getting 8K to go play at Brentwood Academy. 

Ensworth would not get you ready for the playoffs, Ensworth would get you embarrassed....  If I was TC, they would have to pay me a huge sum of money to play that game

Edited by H2Oman

52 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

Ensworth would not get you ready for the playoffs, Ensworth would get you embarrassed....  If I was TC, they would have to pay me a huge sum of money to play that game

People said the same thing about Gallatin and Lebanon and look how that turned out. Ensworth had a down year tho season. I know they played a very tough schedule but the game is played on the field and not on paper. TC would not be embarrassed by Ensworth. I would love for TC to play CPA, Oakland, MBA, or any of the top big programs in the state.

40 minutes ago, RTD said:

People said the same thing about Gallatin and Lebanon and look how that turned out. Ensworth had a down year tho season. I know they played a very tough schedule but the game is played on the field and not on paper. TC would not be embarrassed by Ensworth. I would love for TC to play CPA, Oakland, MBA, or any of the top big programs in the state.

You would be embarrassed and the coach would definitely be run out of town due to fans like yourself not understanding the difference between talent and DEPTH amongst TC and Ensworth..

TC is a great 2A team who could compete against a lot of the big boys, but on a normal year TC at its best and Ensworth at its best. TC would be embarrassed... It would be crazy to schedule that game unless you were getting PAID!!!

No knock on TC....  It’s just the truth!!