District 6a Power Rankings

StarvinMarvin245

1. Clay Co. - Most Talent, Best player Woodcock.

2. Gordonsville - Surprise so far, got a feeling the falter down the stretch.

3. Jackson - Well coached, average talent.

4. Pickett- Dropped one they shouldn't have, Jackson coach had good game plan unlike last home game we played.

5. Trousdale- Dangerous if football players get healthy.

6a- Clarkrange - Not much talent, decently coached.

6b Red Boiling Springs- 1a to 1b to Clay in terms of talent.

6c- Montery- Shell of what they were last year.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, StarvinMarvin245 said:

1. Clay Co. - Most Talent, Best player Woodcock.

2. Gordonsville - Surprise so far, got a feeling the falter down the stretch.

3. Jackson - Well coached, average talent.

4. Pickett- Dropped one they shouldn't have, Jackson coach had good game plan unlike last home game we played.

5. Trousdale- Dangerous if football players get healthy.

6a- Clarkrange - Not much talent, decently coached.

6b Red Boiling Springs- 1a to 1b to Clay in terms of talent.

6c- Montery- Shell of what they were last year.

to me this district is so close, any given night one of these teams could beat the other, when they get healthy, Trousdale will be the most athletic team in the district but that doesn't necessarily mean they will be the best basketball team. I have seen jackson, clay, gvill, and TC. As of right now I would rank as follow, although it will be totally different in 2 months:

1. Clay County- team full of true basketball players and coach Edwards is phenomenal. 
  2. Jackson County- decent talent, good game plans from this stand point of the season.
  3. Gville- Mann will be tough to stop for all teams in the district, could fall off late in season. 
  4. Pickett-Big win vs RBS, young talent, good coach.                                                                               
  5. Trousdale/RBS- Trousdale is about to get healthy and have earned a district win without a 100% team and competed vs Gville. RBS is wildcard, Marsh is district MVP(IMO) but guards will have to play well for them to make noise. 
  6. Clarkrange/Monterey- both good teams, Hall for C-range is all district player, monterey struggling to find what they had last year.

Marsh is definitely not District MVP. Woodcock is twice the player that Marsh is, if he stays healthy he will be District MVP.   Monterey's big guy was not aloud to play Friday night against  RBS and they only beat Monterey by 1 point with a freshman guarding Marsh all night.  Jackson may have beat Pickett County but anyone can loose on any given night so I believe Pickett is still a better ball team than Jackson County. I do agree that Trousdale is very athletic and could be dangerous for anyone to play and the same for Gordonsville. Jackson County is very well coached and could also be dangerous for anyone to play.  Monterey when they shoot well is capable of beating any of these teams. I haven't seen Clarkrange play with all the starters back but without them I don't see them winning a District game. So I agree with Medalist, in this District no one is guaranteed a win while playing each other. Every game played should be fun to watch. 

1 hour ago, Ucdad said:

I believe Monterey will surprise a lot of fans and Peyton West will be first team all district. Woodcock is definitely the favorite for MVP. 

I agree. Monterey should be much higher. 2 or 3. Jackson lower. PC had a horrible shooting night against Jackson...21 percent and still almost won. RBS is dangerous if Marsh is in and not in foul trouble. I have Clarkange at the bottom. But if they beat PC tomorrow, then they are for real.

On 12/10/2018 at 5:10 PM, basecoach said:

Marsh is definitely not District MVP. Woodcock is twice the player that Marsh is, if he stays healthy he will be District MVP.   Monterey's big guy was not aloud to play Friday night against  RBS and they only beat Monterey by 1 point with a freshman guarding Marsh all night.  Jackson may have beat Pickett County but anyone can loose on any given night so I believe Pickett is still a better ball team than Jackson County. I do agree that Trousdale is very athletic and could be dangerous for anyone to play and the same for Gordonsville. Jackson County is very well coached and could also be dangerous for anyone to play.  Monterey when they shoot well is capable of beating any of these teams. I haven't seen Clarkrange play with all the starters back but without them I don't see them winning a District game. So I agree with Medalist, in this District no one is guaranteed a win while playing each other. Every game played should be fun to watch. 

I disagree with you 100%. IMO Marsh is the best player in district 6A he’s the toughest matchup and demands double and triple teaming every time down the floor. Woodcock is a very good player and from all accounts a fine young man. I love the way he plays the game. He’s tough, doesn’t complain if things don’t go his way and he’s definitely the best player on the best team.  Now having said all of this I do believe young Mr Woodcock could be MVP and it would not be a bad choice.  It’s a two horse race with A LOT of games to be played. 

I’ll give you a dark horse that many will never even notice but he should be noticed as one of the best players in 6A and that’s a young man by the name of Gavin Silk. If you’ve watched Clay County play at all you cannot help but notice this young mans presence on the floor. 

Ok theres my two cents and I’m sure we all know how much that’s worth!  Haha

I agree with the fact that Silk is a very good ballplayer. He can play a lot bigger than he is and he can shoot or play post and he gives he gives 100% every game. I still disagree with Marsh being MVP. The only thing he has going for him is his height.  I have watched him play several times and have not been very impressed with him. He does not have the supporting cast that Woodcock has and he has no choice but to try and do the majority of the scoring and the work. If Woodcock didn't have Silk or Ashlock  or the rest of the good players he would or could score 50 points a game.  I think that the Silk kid is closer to MVP than Marsh is. If he stays healthy I will give you another dark horse, Peyton West from Monterey. I have watched him play a couple of games and he is very good. I saw where he had 35 points last night against a good Gordonsville team. I was really shocked by the outcome of the Clarkrange / Pickett County game

32 minutes ago, StarvinMarvin245 said:

How did the Jackson Rbs boys game go?  Pickett played the worst game of their season, I was not impressed with Clarkrange boys.  

It was a good game RBS did what they had to do on their home floor to win. Marsh was the difference in the game as expected. JC’s big man got into foul trouble early and fouled out which hurt them. I think JC wins at home to split the season. 

On 12/10/2018 at 5:10 PM, basecoach said:

Marsh is best player in district and it’s really not close.  I will admit I have not saw the kid from Trousdale play so maybe I am wrong.  As far as teams go Clay County has a very good, deep team.  I watched them play Jackson County and thought they would be better than they played.  In my opinion, they did not share the ball and tried to much one on one.  I am sure Coach Edwards get the kinks worked out before tournament starts.  Everyone else playing for second and seems that district is well balanced.