StarvinMarvin245

1 hour ago, TCRadio said:

Final Standings and first round matchups:

1)Clay County vs (8) Pickett County 

4)Trousdale County vs (5)Gville

3)RBS vs (6)Clarkrange 

2) Monterey vs (7) Jackson County 

who you got advance and guaranteeing 3 more games for their respective teams

CLAY, Monterey, RBS, hard to pick TC and Gville that will be a good match up.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

Where is the game being played at?  I thought Gordonsville was the 4?  TC doesn’t matchup well against Gordonsville so I like Gville in a close one. 

Gville lost their 5 out of their last 6 district game and finished 6-8, TC finished 7-7 game will be @7:00 on Tuesday

19 minutes ago, midtnbb said:

There was not much difference between 2 through 7.  So not that big of surprise.

Monterey graduated their starting 5 last year. I believe they have 1 senior this year and are going into the 2nd round of District with a 24-7 record. They're not a middle of the road team. I thought RBS would go further, but their record belies a weak schedule early in the season.  Clay is beatable, but they have a sturdy balance in their seniors. They'll be tough to catch. 

I believe that #23 started last year, and 20 and 24 played regularly.  I did not say they were a middle of the road team.  I was just saying that the teams 2-7 are about equal.  It is easier for them to beat each other than for one of them to beat Clay Co.  District 6A has become a tough district, and the teams that survive it are quality teams as they have had success at the state level for the last few years.  And I agree with you that Clay is beatable, but no one has been able to that this season.

Edited by midtnbb

18 hours ago, midtnbb said:

There was not much difference between 2 through 7.  So not that big of surprise.

Pickett Co. led Clay Co at home at the half, beat Gordonsville and RBS at home, led Trousdale by 5 with a player at the foul line for 2 shots with 18 seconds to go...but lost in OT, and led Monterey late in the game at home. They should be mentioned with the rest of 2-7...they were just very young. They will be good next year.