District 6a Power Rankings

StarvinMarvin245

Clay beats RBS in a slugfest, CC was down by 14 at one point in the first half but found a way to win like they have all year in back and forth games which has a lot to do with coaching. I believe 4 technicals called total and alot of fouls. Clay has too much depth that really hurt RBS. Marsh is a nice player who scores at will down low but he was too passive at times, I know it’s hard to be agressive with 2 people on you but he makes the team go and he’s got great touch he needs to develop a mid range game and he will be tough out. CC had a great gameplan As usual but RBS had them on the ropes, I believe they are one shooter away from being a problem in this district. 

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/15/2018 at 4:01 PM, PlayitOut said:

are

On 12/15/2018 at 4:05 PM, PlayitOut said:

Silk is a nice role player but is their 5th starter imo. He doesn’t have responsibilities like Kimes to handle the ball, Ashlock to rebound, Woodcock to score, Emberton to defend. He’s a nice enough player on a good team but not even an all district player imo

Have you lost your mind???  Which freshman is yours??? HA!

1 hour ago, UCSportsFan said:

I think it’s time we recognized the team out of Monterey.  They are quietly having a solid year and the West kid is one of the top 3 players in the district. I look for them to be a tough out come tournament time. 

I figured it might take them till this time of year before they stood out but I am like you and no one needs to look past them. They made it last year and hopes are high on the Mtn for this year.

On 1/5/2019 at 3:09 PM, UCSportsFan said:

Looking forward to watching them play Clay County in Celina in a couple of weeks. 

I have to be honest I was not impressed with TC after watching them play Clay tonight. Yes they have some athletic players but it’s pretty much the same as always... really good football players playing basketball. The Baines kid is a very good athlete and I can see where he would be a tough matchup on the gridiron but  Emberton is still the best overall athlete IMO.  

On 12/15/2018 at 4:05 PM, PlayitOut said:

Silk is a nice role player but is their 5th starter imo. He doesn’t have responsibilities like Kimes to handle the ball, Ashlock to rebound, Woodcock to score, Emberton to defend. He’s a nice enough player on a good team but not even an all district player imo

If anyone had any doubts just how good Silk is and how important he is to Clay County’s success all they had to do was watch the game against TC tonight. He is way more than a 5th starter but then again those of us that know basketball already knew this. 

10 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

I have to be honest I was not impressed with TC after watching them play Clay tonight. Yes they have some athletic players but it’s pretty much the same as always... really good football players playing basketball. The Baines kid is a very good athlete and I can see where he would be a tough matchup on the gridiron but  Emberton is still the best overall athlete IMO.  

Popular opinion but this TC bball team is different than past TC teams because of their potential, I know we have been struggling the last few weeks with consistency, but if they are clicking they will be a tough out, but again the district tournament will be must see, clay is the best team I have said that the whole time, but they are beatable, everyone in this district can beat the other, Clay is a basketball school with a great team, they should be the favorites to rep this district and probably make a run to the glass house. 

23 hours ago, TCRadio said:

Popular opinion but this TC bball team is different than past TC teams because of their potential, I know we have been struggling the last few weeks with consistency, but if they are clicking they will be a tough out, but again the district tournament will be must see, clay is the best team I have said that the whole time, but they are beatable, everyone in this district can beat the other, Clay is a basketball school with a great team, they should be the favorites to rep this district and probably make a run to the glass house. 

From what I’ve seen they basically just try to out athlete you so to speak. Streetball hi pick n roll,  get your own shot,  zero set plays. They definitely have enough athletes on the team to give you problems and I can see why they’ve won some games because they do have some very nice players on the team. The post player is definitely a presence inside and the Baines kid is someone any coach would love to have on his team.  They will be in the mix come tournament time no doubt.  It may come down to this coaches ability to get his team a win in a tough district tournament game.  Can he do that?  I guess time will tell. 

Edited by UCSportsFan