District 6a Power Rankings

StarvinMarvin245

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/22/2019 at 10:01 PM, UCSportsFan said:

I have to be honest I was not impressed with TC after watching them play Clay tonight. Yes they have some athletic players but it’s pretty much the same as always... really good football players playing basketball. The Baines kid is a very good athlete and I can see where he would be a tough matchup on the gridiron but  Emberton is still the best overall athlete IMO.  

Have to agree with summary of Trousdale Co.  They have athletes but out of position on defense just about every possession.  I am sure difficult bunch to coach judging by reaction some of kids have when coming off floor.  Here is the way I see district tournament playing out:  

1.  Clay County—easily got the best team in district. Can go very deep into bench if needs to and kids expect to win.

2.  Monterey—West kid might be best player in district.  He makes everyone on team better.

3.  RBS—if big kid can get some help this team is not bad.  He is probably district MVP and don’t tell me he is not on top team in district, I understand.  

4.  Gordonsville—not real familiar with them but by all accounts descent enough to make region tourney.

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 9:27 PM, mrbasketball said:

Have to agree with summary of Trousdale Co.  They have athletes but out of position on defense just about every possession.  I am sure difficult bunch to coach judging by reaction some of kids have when coming off floor.  Here is the way I see district tournament playing out:  

1.  Clay County—easily got the best team in district. Can go very deep into bench if needs to and kids expect to win.

2.  Monterey—West kid might be best player in district.  He makes everyone on team better.

3.  RBS—if big kid can get some help this team is not bad.  He is probably district MVP and don’t tell me he is not on top team in district, I understand.  

4.  Gordonsville—not real familiar with them but by all accounts descent enough to make region tourney.

Looks like you hit the nail on the head after last night!

On 1/28/2019 at 9:27 PM, mrbasketball said:

West is a nice player but Woodcock is on a different level. West is in top 5.

On 1/28/2019 at 9:27 PM, mrbasketball said:

Your top 4 is right on point. Barring a major upset these 4 teams will represent 6A in the region tournament and I believe they will sweep 5A in the 1st round of the region tournament as should the girls side as well. 

I also think there’s a clear separation between 1/2 and 3/4 and then again at 1 and 2. Clay is the class of 6A right now but all 3 of these other teams have enough talent to win on any given night against the other ones.  

Marsh is district MVP with Woodcock, West, Silk and Kimes on 1st team. 

1 hour ago, UCSportsFan said:

Your top 4 is right on point. Barring a major upset these 4 teams will represent 6A in the region tournament and I believe they will sweep 5A in the 1st round of the region tournament as should the girls side as well. 

I also think there’s a clear separation between 1/2 and 3/4 and then again at 1 and 2. Clay is the class of 6A right now but all 3 of these other teams have enough talent to win on any given night against the other ones.  

Marsh is district MVP with Woodcock, West, Silk and Kimes on 1st team. 

I can’t agree with you on Kimes. He plays hard and really good defender but offensively challenged and lets emotions get best of him at times.  We will see how coaches vote but I see him no better than second team. I do agree with others....

3/6 and 4/5 matchups come tourney time will be good games. If they were on a neutral site, could be really good games in my opinion. 

If Pickett ends up the 6, they have a legit shot at RBS. If it is Jackson or Clarkrange, I would think they have a chance too. All depends on the big for RBS. I would think Trousdale and Gordonsville at the 4/5 will be a complete toss up. 

All District, Marsh is the most dominant kid...but I honestly don't know that West isn't the best player in this district. He is a kid that makes every single kid on the floor around him better. Him or Marsh, neither choice will be wrong. 

I do not think that Woodcock is at a different level than the West kid. Woodcock is a great shooter while West is more than that. I do not think that Marsh is MVP material. He is dominant in the box because of his size. I don't think he is MVP material until he can develop a jump shot. The teams that have had success against RBS  have been able keep him away from the rim and then he hasn't been much of a threat. I also think that every district game during  the tournament in this district will be a competitive game. Every one of the teams in District 6A is capable of winning a game   

9 hours ago, basecoach said:

I do not think that Woodcock is at a different level than the West kid. Woodcock is a great shooter while West is more than that. I do not think that Marsh is MVP material. He is dominant in the box because of his size. I don't think he is MVP material until he can develop a jump shot. The teams that have had success against RBS  have been able keep him away from the rim and then he hasn't been much of a threat. I also think that every district game during  the tournament in this district will be a competitive game. Every one of the teams in District 6A is capable of winning a game   

Woodcock is probably better shooter than West but he does not make his teammates better.  In fact, I been to games this year where Clay was better with him on bench.  Kid from RBS and West both more important to their teams.  Like I said earlier, Woodcock first team but not Ione of top 2 players in district in my opinion.