District 6a Power Rankings

StarvinMarvin245

6 hours ago, StarvinMarvin245 said:

A few thoughts on how the district played out.

• I am down and out because of my Bobcats, I understand they are young, but I thought they would turn corner and compete.
  • Clay is not losing to anyone in this district.
  • RBS boys did exactly what i expected, the general sentiment from around the district is this is the poorest coached team by far.  As I've stated previously, development is lacking with this group and are easiest to game plan for based off 2 times I watched.  I had a district coach tell me if they were really coached up, they would be in state tournament. 
  • Gville is the wildcard from this district.
  • Tdale to up and down all year.
  • Monterey got most out of what they have IMO.
  • Range play really hard, not ton of talent.
  • Jackson just did not have much fire power.

I cant wait to see how this shakes out, hoping both teams make it to sub-state at least.  Go Bobcats!!!!

PC has talent but I question not using some of the very talented nonstarters way more this year. They will be better next year and should be back in the region tournament.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

As long as Rob Edwards is the coach Clay County will be the favorite IMO. 

I think he is one of the best coaches in the state. But I also believe he is losing some really special players.  Clay and Monterey should make for some great games next year. But don’t count Monterey out this year.  We don’t win pretty sometimes but we win. 

4 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

As long as Rob Edwards is the coach Clay County will be the favorite IMO. 

I agree. Coach Edwards is a stand up guy as well as one of the best coaches around. He has coached some great players, (Tyreke Key obviously comes to mind) and does a superb job keeping egos and attitudes under control. He don't tolerate the "show boating" and his players know this. He should be proud not only of his coaching ability, but also his attitude and the respect he has from others all over the district. He has a good bunch of boys and I'm sure they would tell you he has taught them not only about the game, but how to be respectful young man. Good luck to Clay County and Coach Edwards. IMO win or lose in the championship game, they are the best team in 6A.