Trousdale County vs Portland 2019/20

Cam615

1 minute ago, TCRadio said:

Offensively as a whole yes, defensively probably not but they should balance out. And Portland will likely be 2nd/3rd best team we play, their QB Caleb Mandrell is back, last years stats: 216 rushes, 1,488 yards, 23 TDs; completed 41 passes for 399 yards and 2 TD, FC will likely be best team we play then either Macon or Portland and then H2O. MC, Portland, and H2O will all be very close to same. 

Our defense will be about the same as last year I'm hearing. Offensively we may get a tad better but not by much. Realistically we had a silly good offense last year. 

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Imthayeti said:

Sounds like the Portland team will test your run defense. I'll try not to high jack your thread any more.

Shoot all we got is time, the days get longer the closer season gets, I mean if i was a betting man I would say combined we would score at least 60. 

1 minute ago, TCRadio said:

Shoot all we got is time, the days get longer the closer season gets, I mean if i was a betting man I would say combined we would score at least 60. 

Yeah I predicted a shootout between us last year if you recall. Your probably right about it this year. Both teams hate to lose. 

• 2 months later...

In 2001 TC came to "The Jungle" in Portland only to be welcomed to 3A with a solid 52-12 pounding by the Panthers. I said then, if we meet the Jackets again in the playoffs, it won't be the same. Sure enough, the Panthers ended that season 12-1, losing to TC 17-14 in the Quarterfinals after jumping out to a quick 14-0 lead early in the 1st quarter. Our boys thought it was going to be another easy win, but it ended up being a long night. They beat us in '02 and '03 before we could get a win against them again, but we prevailed on "The Creekbank" in '04, 34-14. We moved up to 4A and then 5A and back to 4A and haven't faced them now for 15 years. Looking forward to seeing this one this year, just for old times sake.

10 hours ago, PPride said:

In 2001 TC came to "The Jungle" in Portland only to be welcomed to 3A with a solid 52-12 pounding by the Panthers. I said then, if we meet the Jackets again in the playoffs, it won't be the same. Sure enough, the Panthers ended that season 12-1, losing to TC 17-14 in the Quarterfinals after jumping out to a quick 14-0 lead early in the 1st quarter. Our boys thought it was going to be another easy win, but it ended up being a long night. They beat us in '02 and '03 before we could get a win against them again, but we prevailed on "The Creekbank" in '04, 34-14. We moved up to 4A and then 5A and back to 4A and haven't faced them now for 15 years. Looking forward to seeing this one this year, just for old times sake.

I hope it's a game on the schedule every year it's a great rivalry.

On 8/14/2019 at 12:30 AM, PPride said:

Isn’t that the night the train whistle went missing?  

On 8/14/2019 at 12:30 AM, PPride said:

I remember a friend of mine had family in Portland they were telling everybody that TC had absolutely no chance to beat them in that playoff game and were betting with us giving us 21+ points. I still remember the look on their face at the game.