TN Coach's Poll for 10 December

ArtusCimber

TENNESSEE HIGH SCHOOL WRESTLING POLL

From: Jeff Price                                                               Results from: 12/10/18

THIS IS THE FIRST POLL OF THE SEASON. 

Now in its 27th year, The Poll is primarily a measure of dual meet strength with some consideration to individual tournament strength.   Votes are cast by a state-wide panel of high school wrestling coaches and are based on a maximum Power Ranking of 168.

STATE POLL:

RANK

SCHOOL

POWER

RANKING

LAST WEEK

BAYLOR

CLEVELAND

CHRISTIAN BROTHERS

FATHER RYAN

MCCALLIE

ARLINGTON

WILSON CENTRAL

BLACKMAN

BRADLEY CENTRAL

BRENTWOOD

SCIENCE HILL

ROSSVIEW

NR

Others receiving votes:  BEECH, CENTENNIAL, SUMMIT

9 minutes ago, WrestlingGod said:

I like Rossview sneaking on there! They've been strong so far this year.

The only person ROSSVIEW has faced even mentioned in this poll is NO ONE and they XXX. In order for them to get any votes they're going to have to start beating the teams on this list and I don't think they face anybody on here until ???

Substitute Rossview for Page.  Does the above statement sound familiar to you?  

WrestlingGod, whats the difference?

Edited by ObserverW

11 minutes ago, ObserverW said:

The only person ROSSVIEW has faced even mentioned in this poll is NO ONE and they XXX. In order for them to get any votes they're going to have to start beating the teams on this list and I don't think they face anybody on here until ???

Rossview beat Centennial 46-24 on Saturday at the Slamfest and won the Coyote Classic on 12/1 by 71 points over Summit in 2nd.

I admire your attempt though.

Edited by WrestlingGod

48 minutes ago, WrestlingGod said:

Rossview beat Centennial 46-24 on Saturday at the Slamfest and won the Coyote Classic on 12/1 by 71 points over Summit in 2nd.

I admire your attempt though.

Centennial actually won the Coyote Classic. You did not separate the team scores, When looking at the results. 

Team Season Team Abbr Count Points
1   Centennial, TN  Centennial, TN (GET) CENT 12 161.5
2   Franklin, TN  Franklin, TN (GET) FRAN 12 137.5
3   John Overton, TN  John Overton, TN (GET) JOOV 12 117.0
4   West Creek, TN  West Creek, TN (GET) WECR 10 115.0
5   Rossview, TN  Rossview (Girls), TN (GET) ROSS 14 114.5
6   Nolensville High School, TN  Nolensville High School, TN (GET) NVIL 10 99.0
7   Summit, TN  Summit (Girls), TN (GET) SUMM 13 99.0
8   Caldwell County, KY  Caldwell County, KY (GET) CALC 8 98.0
9   Cane Ridge, TN  Cane Ridge, TN (GET) CARI 5 68.0
10   Sycamore, TN  Sycamore, TN (GET) SYCA 12 62.0
11   Hillsboro, TN  Hillsboro, TN (GET) HILL 5 56.0
12   Ravenwood, TN  Ravenwood, TN (GET) RAVE 7 49.0
13   Dickson Co., TN  Dickson Co., TN (GET) DICO 4 39.0
14   Hunters Lane, TN  Hunters Lane, TN (GET) HULA 7 32.0
15   Independence, TN  Independence, TN (GET) INDE 5 30.5
16   Northeast, TN  Northeast, TN (GET) NORT 11 26.0
17   Northwest, TN  Northwest, TN (GET) NWES 3 26.0
18   Montgomery Central, TN  Montgomery Central, TN (GET) MOCE 8 22.0
19   Kenwood, TN  Kenwood, TN (GET) KENW 8 21.5
20   Martin Luther King, TN  Martin Luther King, TN (GET) MLK 3 12.0
21   Calloway County, KY  Calloway County, KY (GET) CACO 7 10.0

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ccman1 said:

Hard to understand Blackman falling when they went down to Georgia and cleaned up at the Carpet Classic. Already tough and I'm sure Bray will have them even tougher come the end of this year

No disrespect but who did Blackman beat at the Carpet Classic?  It's great to go out of town and wrestle but if you don't compete against the top teams in that state it really does not mean anything.  Now if you go to the Ironman in Ohio and finish in the Top 15 you very well could be the top team in Tennessee.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, werazzlin said:

This weekend will help out a little bit, as Wilson Central. Brentwood. Rossview. Centennial. Summit. Will be at Beech Invitational this weekend. 

True that with the number 7,8, 10 & 12 teams along with Beech and Summit you should get a feel as to how the lower half of the Top 15 rankings should shake out.  Good luck and I hope your tournament is a financial success.  

Edited by cbg

18 hours ago, ObserverW said:

Hey I would appreciate any help I can get on how to turn my team on no ones into a good team in your eyes so please lend me any advice you can give. I would love some of your wisdom. We are trying really hard over here and considering we have no club team, no true middle school feeder like most of the other teams in our region I think we might be doing ok. 2 trips to state in the last 3 years, just won the coyote classic, finished 2nd at slamfest ff two weight classes where I have 2 state qualifiers in. But I am opened to suggestions on how to improve. We will try really hard to win a match or two this weekend at the Beech tournament. 

Sincerely Centennial Wrestling 

27 minutes ago, goblue1 said:

Hey I would appreciate any help I can get on how to turn my team on no ones into a good team in your eyes so please lend me any advice you can give. I would love some of your wisdom. We are trying really hard over here and considering we have no club team, no true middle school feeder like most of the other teams in our region I think we might be doing ok. 2 trips to state in the last 3 years, just won the coyote classic, finished 2nd at slamfest ff two weight classes where I have 2 state qualifiers in. But I am opened to suggestions on how to improve. We will try really hard to win a match or two this weekend at the Beech tournament. 

Sincerely Centennial Wrestling 

I think it was just a lack of research on their part and not a jab at Centennial. Personally I think you're the team to beat in 7 this season but its going to be a tight race in the district that's for sure.

BTW, we've got a pretty good club team just south of you if you want to send your boys down to us ;)

Edited by WrestlingGod