Who’s the best 8th grader in seq valley that will help next year in high school

Washout

56 minutes ago, cornerback10 said:

Me

We started a big ole 8th grader at guard and he was one of our better linemen by seasons end.Took ole Thunder For a lightning ride in the semis more than once.Got another in 7th grade who will be on varsity next year and they say he is very mature for his age also.Takes a pretty good kid to play line at the level we play at right now.

It does sound by the topic that mommy or daddy have a kid coming up,pretty randim topic!

Edited by orngnblk
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Washout said:

What’s a Condra kid doing in jasper I thought they come from whitwell! So when can you start telling when a kid going to be good then 

Well us professional recruiters first use what is called the eye test.Does he look the part?Most at that age that can contribute have mature statures about them.Speed,durability can he take a hit.Skill positions can usually contribute earlier that linemen unless like ST said they are a freak of nature.Does he stand out either in a good way or a bad way?Smart coaches can tell quickly.Most coaches still bring them along at a slower pace just to get used to playing with 17 and 18 year olds alot of difference in most 14 year olds compared to 17 and 18.

17 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

We started a big ole 8th grader at guard and he was one of our better linemen by seasons end.Took ole Thunder For a lightning ride in the semis more than once.Got another in 7th grade who will be on varsity next year and they say he is very mature for his age also.Takes a pretty good kid to play line at the level we play at right now.

It does sound by the topic that mommy or daddy have a kid coming up,pretty randim topic!

Just wanting to know who’s going to be the next Raulston,Petty,Wingo,Roberts and the qb from Jasper and around the valley too

13 hours ago, Washout said:

What’s a Condra kid doing in jasper I thought they come from whitwell! So when can you start telling when a kid going to be good then 

You can tell right away if a kid can play and eventually do well if they stay with it and put in the necessary work.  But to say which 8th grader is gonna help out the varsity team those type players are rare.  Those you mentioned will be some to watch.  The Condra boy from Jasper stood out to me.

Welcome to the T.

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

Jethro Bodine I presume.

1 hour ago, Southtowner said:

You can tell right away if a kid can play and eventually do well if they stay with it and put in the necessary work.  But to say which 8th grader is gonna help out the varsity team those type players are rare.  Those you mentioned will be some to watch.  The Condra boy from Jasper stood out to me.

Welcome to the T.

How often does a group of kids that had success in sequatchie youth league winning and playing for harvest bowls carry over to success in high school. I know the 16 seq co and this yr whitwell team are perfect examples