Lake County 2019 schedule

lakecounty1968

On 7/16/2019 at 10:06 PM, shockernation said:

Did Union City fans quit posting? Haven’t heard a peep outta them yet

Honestly we have no idea how good we are going to be this season. I think overall we will be improved. Injuries last let a lot of young guys play and get better. We will be solid along the line of scrimmage on both sides. I think we will be more athletic on defense. Replacing the production of Kaleb Craig is going to be the big question mark. Once we get pads on and have a scrimmage or two 

On 7/16/2019 at 5:41 PM, GATNA said:

Tide, I suspect y'all will have a back to back kind of year.

Trousdale or Meigs will be waiting.  Trousdale's skill position players are some of the most talented I've seen in a long time.  The scrimmage against Lake County will help us see where the Jackets stand early.  I know there will be a couple key players out for them due to injury.  Looking forward to a good solid year of football.  Anytime you get out of a scrimmage injury free, it is a success!  Good luck to both teams.

21 hours ago, TipToe421 said:

It's Trousdale County! Come on and take a sick day........lol

I have 5 weeks vacation left and a personal day but if it was a real game or closer,would be there.Maybe you,68 and Shocker give a fair assessment.I'm sure both teams will play a lot of different players,try some things just to see what they have.Still should be able to get a gauge on how each team is capable of though.I'm anxious to see how LC does at running back.First time in years ,mant years that LC hasn't had a star running back or at least a very known player coming back from dating back to Hopkins,Flagg,Jewel Flowers,Leake,Avery,Wilkes,just to name a few.LC been blessed.I know Tubbs has the speed,can catch out of the back field and can he make it a whole season?I'm sure LC will utilize more players this year because of that and open things up with both QB's they have,the tight end and the receivers.Should be a great year as long as LC keeps Tubbs healthy and maybe Abbott has improved going into his sophomore season.By looking at him last year,he looked to be the fastest player on the team or one of them but needs to learn how to hit the holes and follow his blocks instead of just trying to turn the corner each play.Which will come as he gets older and may already have.Im sure LC will even put Gross in the back field some,maybe even Snyder with the younger QB some or Puckett back there to block for the full back.Should be a lot of things LC will do this year instaed of running the tail back 8 out of 10 plays which they had the luxury to do.

1 hour ago, mrbigster said:

I have 5 weeks vacation left and a personal day but if it was a real game or closer,would be there.Maybe you,68 and Shocker give a fair assessment.I'm sure both teams will play a lot of different players,try some things just to see what they have.Still should be able to get a gauge on how each team is capable of though.I'm anxious to see how LC does at running back.First time in years ,mant years that LC hasn't had a star running back or at least a very known player coming back from dating back to Hopkins,Flagg,Jewel Flowers,Leake,Avery,Wilkes,just to name a few.LC been blessed.I know Tubbs has the speed,can catch out of the back field and can he make it a whole season?I'm sure LC will utilize more players this year because of that and open things up with both QB's they have,the tight end and the receivers.Should be a great year as long as LC keeps Tubbs healthy and maybe Abbott has improved going into his sophomore season.By looking at him last year,he looked to be the fastest player on the team or one of them but needs to learn how to hit the holes and follow his blocks instead of just trying to turn the corner each play.Which will come as he gets older and may already have.Im sure LC will even put Gross in the back field some,maybe even Snyder with the younger QB some or Puckett back there to block for the full back.Should be a lot of things LC will do this year instaed of running the tail back 8 out of 10 plays which they had the luxury to do.

Edited by lakecounty1968