2019 Football Schedules

WARBOSS

2 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

You boys will need to take it easy on us that game. SP has some very difficult games in 2019. Meigs is at the top of the list. 

I believe our qb is good enough to keep us in any game. I look for that game to be alot like our Trousdale game was in the playoffs. It was one of the most fun games I've ever watched. From your previous posts this past season you said SP was a young team and would be better this coming year. I wont speculate and say we will be better than in 18, but if our replacement lineman are close to what we just lost Meigs will have a good run in 19. If at all possible I won't miss that game.

7 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

It had a good mix of tough teams, average teams, and well the other ones that they kind of have to play. I believe SP has a shot in the east, but at this point I’m not betting on running the table with that schedule. 

Even if you do lose a game it would probably be Meigs or Red Bank. Neither hurt anything but pride..no playoff damage and tough valuable knowledge hopefully learned. If you win them you just serve notice to Greenback, Cornersville..Huntington..etc.

5 hours ago, WARBOSS said:

Even if you do lose a game it would probably be Meigs or Red Bank. Neither hurt anything but pride..no playoff damage and tough valuable knowledge hopefully learned. If you win them you just serve notice to Greenback, Cornersville..Huntington..etc.

Greenback plays Meigs also so we will have a common opponent.There wont be no notice served we know whats in store regardless.

6 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Greenback plays Meigs also so we will have a common opponent.There wont be no notice served we know whats in store regardless.

2 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Yes sir!

Meigs beats Greenback and South Pittsburgh...IMO. They apparently have a Mr. Football difference maker! I just think next year will be Meigs year..just a feeling?? I think South Pittsburgh will make a run in 1A..but head to head Swafford is the difference.

Edited by WARBOSS

4 hours ago, Salem said:

2019 Forrest Schedule

Region Games:

Eagleville, Summertown, Lorretto, Community, Lewis County,

Non Region:

East Roberson, Portland, Moore Co., Lawrence Co, Cascade

Should be a minimum of 8 wins with the group of players returning.

What games are you counting as wins? TC also plays Portland I don't think they will be much of a test this year. Cascade and East Robertson should be counted as wins especially Cascade.

1 hour ago, WARBOSS said:

Meigs beats Greenback and South Pittsburgh...IMO. They apparently have a Mr. Football difference maker! I just think next year will be Meigs year..just a feeling?? I think South Pittsburgh will make a run in 1A..but head to head Swafford is the difference.

True but Meigs has a problem with speed their defense is very good up the middle but if a team has speed and can get to the outside they can beat Meigs. The QB on Meigs is very good but he won't hurt you with his legs as long as you have speed on defense which in sire SP has. 

Union City Golden Tornadoes 

Aug. 23rd @ Lake County Falcons

Aug. 30th  vs MLK ( Memphis )

Sept. 6th vs Adamsville *

Sept. 13th vs Booker T Washington ( Memphis )

Sept. 20th @ Gibson County *

Sept. 27th @ Jackson South Side

Oct. 4th vs Trenton Peabody *

Oct. 11th vs Dyersburg

Oct. 18th @ McKenzie *

Oct. 25th OPEN DATE

Nov.1st @ Halls *

22 hours ago, RTD said:

What games are you counting as wins? TC also plays Portland I don't think they will be much of a test this year. Cascade and East Robertson should be counted as wins especially Cascade.

Forrest might be the favorite in all 10 games next year. This senior class-to-be is our once in a generation class. The only weakness will be offensive lineman depth. Skill players will be some of the best in 2A if they get utilized.

I would say Lewis County, Moore County, Portland, Eagleville are the toughest tests next year.

23 hours ago, RTD said:

True but Meigs has a problem with speed their defense is very good up the middle but if a team has speed and can get to the outside they can beat Meigs. The QB on Meigs is very good but he won't hurt you with his legs as long as you have speed on defense which in sire SP has. 

You make a very good point. Speed can be a devastating factor. I haven't watched Meigs play but to be as good as they are without speed tells me they play very good technique ..which is a must vs speed. You have to play very discipline defense vs SPHS. You also better bring your big boy pants and hit them or your beat. South Pittsburgh could very well win this game. I was just running my mouth giving a opinion...lol