2019 Football Schedules

WARBOSS

42 minutes ago, Salem said:

Forrest might be the favorite in all 10 games next year. This senior class-to-be is our once in a generation class. The only weakness will be offensive lineman depth. Skill players will be some of the best in 2A if they get utilized.

I would say Lewis County, Moore County, Portland, Eagleville are the toughest tests next year.

Portland isn’t that good if you’ll struggle with Portland something is wrong. East Robertson has a very good young WR that’s about 6’3 and very fast. East Robertson team will be better next year I think they will finish second in their region in front of Watertown they may be better than expected.

22 minutes ago, WARBOSS said:

You make a very good point. Speed can be a devastating factor. I haven't watched Meigs play but to be as good as they are without speed tells me they play very good technique ..which is a must vs speed. You have to play very discipline defense vs SPHS. You also better bring your big boy pants and hit them or your beat. South Pittsburgh could very well win this game. I was just running my mouth giving a opinion...lol

I'm the same way I saw Meigs when they played TC last year. They are very strong up the middle but I think they lost most of their line on both sides of the ball. I think if SP uses their speed well they should be fine but the secondary better be ready to defend the short passing game.

Shutting down the qb for Meigs is hard to do. Against Trousdale he had 100 or so yards rushing and 260 yards passing. Against a runner up for state defense. Even Peabody only scored 17 points against them. I've laughed everytime someone said their team was gonna shut him down. The opposing team may win against Meigs but shutting down the qb for Meigs is another feat altogether. I can honestly say he is Mr Football with good reason he is a player you wont forget once you see him play.

3 minutes ago, RTD said:

I'm the same way I saw Meigs when they played TC last year. They are very strong up the middle but I think they lost most of their line on both sides of the ball. I think if SP uses their speed well they should be fine but the secondary better be ready to defend the short passing game.

I do personally believe our season will be determined on how we reload on the line. We lost some good players on both sides of the line.

On 12/20/2018 at 12:07 PM, WARBOSS said:

Meigs beats Greenback and South Pittsburgh...IMO. They apparently have a Mr. Football difference maker! I just think next year will be Meigs year..just a feeling?? I think South Pittsburgh will make a run in 1A..but head to head Swafford is the difference.

We are 3-1 against the mighty Tigers the last 10 years our loss was a 26-6 debacle in 2009,after that we put up mercy rule numbers until the second team went in.I dont expect that by no means but dont count my little team out just yet we will be very strong on the line of scrimmage,we return just about the whole group.Should be very interesting!

58 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Shutting down the qb for Meigs is hard to do. Against Trousdale he had 100 or so yards rushing and 260 yards passing. Against a runner up for state defense. Even Peabody only scored 17 points against them. I've laughed everytime someone said their team was gonna shut him down. The opposing team may win against Meigs but shutting down the qb for Meigs is another feat altogether. I can honestly say he is Mr Football with good reason he is a player you wont forget once you see him play.

He is a very good QB. I don't think TC card how good his stats were as long as TC won. TC had a good game against him with the pick 6 and the other two interceptions. He was one of best I seen last year. I don't think he had 100 yards rushing against TC I don't think anyone had 100 yards rushing against TC last year. 

48 minutes ago, RTD said:

He is a very good QB. I don't think TC card how good his stats were as long as TC won. TC had a good game against him with the pick 6 and the other two interceptions. He was one of best I seen last year. I don't think he had 100 yards rushing against TC I don't think anyone had 100 yards rushing against TC last year. 

TCRadio     105

Posted November 24

On 11/24/2018 at 12:02 AM, FBIsaid:

Any final stats TCRadio?

Meigs outgained TC 336-313, Swafford 14-27 for 236 yd TD and 2 picks also had 26 carries for 101 yards, so Swafford accounted for every Meigs positive yard, Meigs had 28 carries for 100 rushing yards, Keyvont Baines ended with 29 carries 212 yards and 3 TD (he had 171 at half). Jackets rushed for 266 yards and passed for 47. Jackets were 3-6 passing for 47 yards and a TD!

4 hours ago, orngnblk said:

We are 3-1 against the mighty Tigers the last 10 years our loss was a 26-6 debacle in 2009,after that we put up mercy rule numbers until the second team went in.I dont expect that by no means but dont count my little team out just yet we will be very strong on the line of scrimmage,we return just about the whole group.Should be very interesting!

+1

4 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

TCRadio     105

Posted November 24

On 11/24/2018 at 12:02 AM, FBIsaid:

Any final stats TCRadio?

Meigs outgained TC 336-313, Swafford 14-27 for 236 yd TD and 2 picks also had 26 carries for 101 yards, so Swafford accounted for every Meigs positive yard, Meigs had 28 carries for 100 rushing yards, Keyvont Baines ended with 29 carries 212 yards and 3 TD (he had 171 at half). Jackets rushed for 266 yards and passed for 47. Jackets were 3-6 passing for 47 yards and a TD!

I was wrong by 2 yards lol. The only problem I see with Meigs offense is that QB power the coach is in love with that play. To me, Swafford's arm is too good not to go 5 wide and throw the ball all over the field. 

44 minutes ago, RTD said:

I was wrong by 2 yards lol. The only problem I see with Meigs offense is that QB power the coach is in love with that play. To me, Swafford's arm is too good not to go 5 wide and throw the ball all over the field. 

Offensively we did great against you all. 29 points is really good considering how good your defense was. I wouldn't change a whole lot considering how potent our offense was, however now that we lost lineman they may go another route. If anything we need to work on our defense. Our defense was good but we allowed 32 points against our defense. That's what lost us the game imo. Your qb was a good runner. If we could stop players like him with whatever defense we run we'd do really well next year. I just hope we are as good as this past season. You never can tell how good you are gonna be until preseason scrimmages or the first game. I personally believe our qb was a better runner then yours was. It's just your defense was able to get to our runner much faster than we could get to yours, which was the difference in running yards between our guys and yours. Your defense was really really good, but so was our offense. I thought our coaching was good as well considering our starting back played one down we did well with the alternate plan they had for backup.

Edited by Imthayeti

2 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

Offensively we did great against you all. 29 points is really good considering how good your defense was. I wouldn't change a whole lot considering how potent our offense was, however now that we lost lineman they may go another route. If anything we need to work on our defense. Our defense was good but we allowed 32 points against our defense. That's what lost us the game imo. Your qb was a good runner. If we could stop players like him with whatever defense we run we'd do really well next year. I just hope we are as good as this past season. You never can tell how good you are gonna be until preseason scrimmages or the first game. I personally believe our qb was a better runner then yours was. It's just your defense was able to get to our runner much faster than we could get to yours, which was the difference in running yards between our guys and yours. Your defense was really really good, but so was our offense. I thought our coaching was good as well considering our starting back played one down we did well with the alternate plan they had for backup.

The biggest difference is that our QB runs in the 4.4 -4.5 speed kills in high school. I don't think your QB is in the ballpark in athleticism and speed with our QB last year. TC QB made an all-state as an ATH because of his kick return and punt return ability and he played RB and WR. TC offense was a wing t in a spread concept what im saying is that TC had an athlete that played QB. To beat TC you have to have speed like what Peabody had this year. TC will look completely different next year also because of losing most of its starting OL but the speed will still be there and they will get their starting RB back next year. He is a lot bigger than #21 lot more physical and faster. 

On 12/21/2018 at 7:01 PM, RTD said:

If I can run and beat you that's what id do 85% of the time..but the 15% I threw would count...lol..thats just me though.