2019 Football Schedules

WARBOSS

4 hours ago, Southtowner said:

I'm in no position to do anything but wish for an SP/TC home and home matchup. 

These next 2 years would have been a great opportunity to have had this wish come true, as I think yall may drop to 1A after next reclassification.  Then I can understand it not getting done. 

Maybe so but according to some TC people in the know TC ask SP for a game but TC was told no because of traveling expenses and the only way the game would happen was if TC came to SP for both games. I wish both teams would play on a neutral field with other big-time programs playing their rival something like Blue crosses bowl but at the start of the season.

20 hours ago, RTD said:

The Meigs game will be tough. The  QB for Meigs is the truth not only with his legs but with his arm also. I saw how good he is when he came to TC and played in the playoffs. The way to beat Meigs is with speed and im sure SP has that.

Meigs will be pretty good again next year I believe. We will graduate alot of lineman,  if our underclassmen step up and produce like their predecessors we will have a good run. The South Pitt game will be a great game I think.

13 hours ago, RTD said:

Maybe so but according to some TC people in the know TC ask SP for a game but TC was told no because of traveling expenses and the only way the game would happen was if TC came to SP for both games. I wish both teams would play on a neutral field with other big-time programs playing their rival something like Blue crosses bowl but at the start of the season.

Sorry, but I just can't buy that. Not saying that's what you're selling but i ain't buying.

2 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

Meigs will be pretty good again next year I believe. We will graduate alot of lineman,  if our underclassmen step up and produce like their predecessors we will have a good run. The South Pitt game will be a great game I think.

I think it will be a great game too. With a QB like Meigs has you'll have a very good season. TC has the same problem we have most of the skill players back but have to replace the O-Line and D-line.

1 hour ago, Southtowner said:

Sorry, but I just can't buy that. Not saying that's what you're selling but i ain't buying.

I really don't know but im sure the cost of traveling was a factor. Plus im sure both teams will see a lot of each other in the next few years with TC moving back down to 1A maybe that's why.

On 12/16/2018 at 3:55 PM, Southtowner said:

South Pittsburg Pirates 2019

Aug 24   Sequatchie County 
Aug 30   @ Grundy County       
Sept 6    Lookout Valley 
Sept 13  @ Jasper                       
Sept 20  Huntland                   
Sept 27  @ Red Bank   
Oct 4      Open
Oct 11    Meigs County            
Oct 18    Whitwell
Oct 25    @Sale Creek
Nov 1     @Copper Basin

I really like there schedule. The addition of Meigs and Red Bank will be good test. It's good to see Red Bank playing some of the valley teams. I just wish they were going to South Pittsburgh to get the valley atmosphere too! They will be surprised at there place when SPHS brings as many people as they will have or more. It's also good to see Grundy back against at least one valley team they haven't been playing. 

Edited by WARBOSS

6 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

You boys will need to take it easy on us that game. SP has some very difficult games in 2019. Meigs is at the top of the list. 

53 minutes ago, WARBOSS said:

I really like there schedule. The addition of Meigs and Red Bank will be good test. It's good to see Red Bank playing some of the valley teams. I just wish they were going to South Pittsburgh to get the valley atmosphere too! They will be surprised at there place when SPHS brings as many people as they will have or more. It's also good to see Grundy back against at least one valley team they haven't been playing. 

It had a good mix of tough teams, average teams, and well the other ones that they kind of have to play. I believe SP has a shot in the east, but at this point I’m not betting on running the table with that schedule. 

16 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

It had a good mix of tough teams, average teams, and well the other ones that they kind of have to play. I believe SP has a shot in the east, but at this point I’m not betting on running the table with that schedule. 

I agree Bass. I see this team as a strong contender to be in Cookeville but maybe with a couple losses. Just hoping we can stay healthy.

3 hours ago, RTD said:

I really don't know but im sure the cost of traveling was a factor. Plus im sure both teams will see a lot of each other in the next few years with TC moving back down to 1A maybe that's why.

That's why I said the next 2 years would have been a great opportunity to play. We are in separate classes. 

I'm not the schedule maker but if I were I would have pulled the trigger on getting the series set up. 

It's all water under the bridge now. 

21 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

That's why I said the next 2 years would have been a great opportunity to play. We are in separate classes. 

I'm not the schedule maker but if I were I would have pulled the trigger on getting the series set up. 

It's all water under the bridge now. 

Yea it is I just hate that TC doesn't have a big game the last thing I want is for TC to be paid to be served up to a big private school that's what may end up happing.